Proctoring online exams are dumb

slappydash

Meteorite
As you might not be aware most if not all schools have transferred to some form of online teaching and with it are online tests. One of my teachers has recently forced proctoring on all students in her class. Proctoring is in my opinion a invasion of privacy, as the program on your computer has access to your web browser, your download, cameras, keyboard, mouse, and microphone. I know its trying to prevent cheating but honestly everyone knows people cheat online. It's not helping that many if not all online classes are boring (in my opinion) and reading isn't always the best solution for people, some like me perform more hands on excersise so that i can see what I am doing and apply it to situations. To me it all ties together boring classes in which I don't feel the drive to learn more because the classes online don't make the learning exciting enough to want to apply myself. I think this has been really bugging me beacause soon I think classes will be online for the fall 2020 semester and the last thing I want is for my core classes to be boring which causes me to not learn anything. Even moreso procotring makes me very uncofortable how much information you are forced to surrender.

Back
Top Bottom