Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

If you had to choose any animal on Earth...

Aeryn

Deviant Demon of the Depths
What animal would best represent you? What animal do you click with on a basic level? This isn't about which one you admire most or want to be like, but which one (or ones) you are actually like.

For example:

I find I am most like the kiwi. I have those short thick little legs, not good at the heights thing (they don't fly, I don't climb), am quite plain and sometimes downright funny looking, prefer shady, dark areas like the forest, prefer the time just before the sun rises and just after it sets, and tend to eat things most people don't really like (they eat bugs that would otherwise kill the trees, but the other birds do fuckall about).

The octopus is another, both predator and prey, kinda lines up with my ever shifting nature of dominant and submissive personality depending on what I need to be to get by in life. It's far smarter and adaptive than people expect, like myself. Then there is also that scatterbrained grabby thing (their tentacles act independently of one another and don't really need them to think about what to do) that sums up my whole inability to do or think just one thing at a time.

Hyena:
Assumed to be like a dog, but is more related to cats (which is metaphorical, not an actual statement on my genetic heritage).
Had a hatchet job done on them by the Lion King.

And, uh, I don't actually know. I'd say octopus, as well, but they are far too clever.

Hyena:
Assumed to be like a dog, but is more related to cats (which is metaphorical, not an actual statement on my genetic heritage).
Had a hatchet job done on them by the Lion King.

And, uh, I don't actually know. I'd say octopus, as well, but they are far too clever.
We're you aware that Hyena are matriarchal? The females are also the ones most typically assumed to be male because their genitalia is extended in an oddly outward way. Kinda makes their mating look like docking.

We're you aware that Hyena are matriarchal? The females are also the ones most typically assumed to be male because their genitalia is extended in an oddly outward way. Kinda makes their mating look like docking.
Oh yeah. There's a whole discussion to be had as to why they have a 'pseudo penis' and not just a 'huge clitoris'. Which is representative of sexism ingrained in society. But it's such a small aspect of it, there are bigger battles to fit and no one really cares about it but me...and oh look another reason why it's be a hyena....

XD I deliberately avoided the term "pseudo penis" because it feels clunky and gives the wrong idea. Especially when you consider that a penis is just an inside out vagina. One look at a cervix and you can't unsee that concept.

Back
Top Bottom