Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A goofy but nifty Windows trick.

BlisteredBlood

The Crucified Angel
In Notepad, type this in.

Code:
msgbox "Example",20,"This is how it works."

Finally, go to Save As then put whatever title you wanna call it, but make sure that you add the .vbs extension as a part of your title.

If you did it right, this is what it should look like.

VBSIcon.jpg

Double click on it to open it after you closed up Notepad and what do you get? A message box that says the exact same thing you typed in Notepad.

Just to give you guys a little sample of what it looks like, I decided to be a bit of a smartass with mine and came up with this one.

MyMessagebox.jpg

Don't worry about the big red X or whatever, it's just something that I made and now, you can too! Enjoy the trick!

Here's another cool trick that I think you'll also enjoy. If you didn't notice it by now, there's actually a hidden song in your computer's hidden folders. First things first. Open up the Start Menu, go to My Computer and click on it then go to your main drive - which is undoubtedly, in this case, the C drive - then double-click on it to open it up.

Next, look around until you come to a folder known as WINDOWS. Double-click on it to open it up. If you get a message from your folder that says these contents are hidden, just click that link to show them. Once you're in the WINDOWS folder, search around for a folder known as System32. Again, you might get the same "These folders are hidden" message or whatever, but again, click on that link to disable that message. Now, root around for a folder called, "oobe". Double-click on that to open it up. Now look around for a folder that says "images" on it then double-click on it. Now that you're in the respective folder, you're going to look for a .wma file called, "title". Once you find it, right-click on it and and press "Play".

Congratulations! You just found the hidden Windows theme song! Enjoy five minutes worth of a soothing song.

You want to know another neat little trick? If you're on a home network, you can use dameware or goverlan to kill the winlogon process on someone else's computer. and it will "mysteriously" restart.

Now for something that you've also probably seen but wanted to try for yourself: A fake virus. Commonly used as innocent pranks, these are used under the guise of a genuine program of some sort.

The first thing you need to do to make your own fake virus is to right click on the desktop and scroll down to New then New Shortcut. You'll then receive a window that reads, "Create Shortcut". In the blank message box, type in this string:

Code:
shutdown -s -t number of seconds -c "Insert your message here"

Once you got that done, you see an option to rename your fake as whatever you want. Once you've given it a name, click Next. Now, you'll see your fake on the desktop as a blank program icon. Right-click on it then click on Properties. On the same menu, click on Change Icon. After that, flip through the various icons and pick out one that most people would use often.

After that, plant your fake in a place that your victim wouldn't suspect it then let the good times roll. To abort the shutdown sequence that follows determined by how long you've got it set for, quickly go to the Start Menu then go to Run then enter this.

Code:
shutdown -a

That will counter the shutdown sequence.

But other than that, happy pranking!

o.o holy jesus mother of god. [coming from a person that basically knows nothing of computers and bows down to your wisdom]

Back
Top Bottom