Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue Sounds appearing

Tanakalian

Master of dreams
First of all, I only use BMR on my laptop, and being the dinosaur I am, I use Google Chrome as my standard browser.

Since a couple of hours, after going into threads, for instance the Journals thread, reading new posts there are and then clicking on the Forums button at the left top, sounds start appearing. First it was some sexual action, of a fuck. And while it's not a sound that I don't like, I had no idea where it came from, why it was suddenly appearing. I clicked BMR away, reopened it via my browser and that sound was gone.

Nothing happened for an hour, but now some other sound is appearing, it sounds like the theme from a science-fiction film (nothing specific) and while clicking the site away and reopening stops the sound being there, it's annoying as hell.

Any suggestions as to where it might come from? I realize that it's all pretty vague, but I have no idea how else to describe it but the way I just did.

There was an issue involving a Gif being posted earlier that was playing inappropriate audio over the main page of the site.

We're in the process of trying to make sure this doesn't happen again, and are trying some things along the way.

Rest assured, it's not permanent.

Thank you @razor_gage for the mute tip! I am doing that right away! I've been having this issue with sounds as well when clicking on certain threads and journals and have found it inconvenient and honestly, annoying. I usually have music playing in the background and don't always have my headphones in. So, when a random sound like that pops up it can be a bit of a shock. I'm just lucky it has happened when I have been alone. xD

Okay. The addon I use for this has a funky special thing for gfycat. It doesn't necessarily take just being 'turned off' so I had to do a bit more work.

But this shouldn't happen again and you shouldn't have to deal with audio in threads anymore either. Or, report the thread to me if one does and I can see if I can do something about it.

And I apologize for any difficulties this caused, everyone. : /

Back
Top Bottom