Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Recommended Reading for Dom/Sub roles, Dubcon (maybe Noncon)?

Gina in Orange

Dark side of the Moonagerie
Hey!
I'm looking to explore something of a new territory for me in roleplaying, and I could use some reading materials. I've done a little bit of chat-based roleplaying as a sub before, but it was pretty much smutty times as a sassy sex lover. Lately I've had an itch to try out a real Dom/Sub roleplay, with some dubcon or noncon elements thrown in. Even considering writing the dominant male character in that kind of relationship. I've always been wary of those themes, though, because it seems to attract a lot of other themes and kinks that I really don't want be a part of. No thank you themes like: abuse, strong violence, degradation, intense pain, humiliation, psychological damage, etc. I really like to get into the heads of the characters I'm roleplaying. I get uneasy doing that with types that are so willingly destructive and hurtful.

The kinds of kinks I'm more interested in are mild pain, control, forced dressing, bindings, gags, toys, training, rough or forceful sex. Question is, how do I find writing that uses the latter, but less so the former?

What I'm looking for, are some recommended roleplay threads, stories, or comics that play with Dom/Sub roles and dubcon in interesting and sexy ways. Videos or movie recommendations are also welcome, but at some point I'm looking to build up my writing vocab for this kind of thing. Even if it's got some of my NO's in it, if it's writing that you've enjoyed and found value in, feel free to share. This isn't an open call for dom/sub roleplays either, though I'm always open to hearing ideas and other thoughts on the genre.

Thanks for reading!

- Gina

Sassy sub is no less real sub than 'service sub' or 'pain sub' is! However, I am not sure you can have 'mild' noncon. Rape is always a rape, no matter how you dress it up and I am not really sure how you'd avoid pain, humiliation and psychological damage in such a scene. As for me, I embrace the fact that willingly destructive and hurtful characters are part of what's in my head and that roleplay is a healthy outlet for such thoughts. It took me a good while to reconcile myself with that and it took a fair bit of navel gazing to get there.

The stuff you describe I would associate with a healthy and consenting D/s relationship - so I am not sure how you would combine the milder side of things with noncon. So obviously a lot of it has to do with the set-up and the character dynamics (duh).

Few recommendations
Kushiel's Dart low fantasy political adventure with heavy BDSM themes and some dubcon thrown in.
Nana to Kaoru Warm hearted love comedy with heavy BDSM themes. Slight dubcon elements, but mostly consenting.
Sunstone smut comic with BDSM themes.

I know this is super late, but I have to second Sunstone! And the creator made it available for free at the start of quarantine :)

The 50 shades books are written by someone who wrote about BDSM as a fantasy and not as how it actually works. That being said, probably works as non-con material...

There's the Story of O, Venus in Furs for fiction.

If you want guide books there's some like the New Topping Book and the New Bottoming Book.

Probably the worst example. In the history of books.

L'Histoire d'O would be a much better example.
Yeah. I was planning on avoiding Fifty Shades. Aside from all the criticisms they’ve gotten, I read a few excerpts myself and I don’t think I could get through a book of that. Let alone a trilogy.

L'Histoire d'O sounds interesting!

Yeah. I was planning on avoiding Fifty Shades. Aside from all the criticisms they’ve gotten, I read a few excerpts myself and I don’t think I could get through a book of that. Let alone a trilogy.

L'Histoire d'O sounds interesting!

There's also a much lesser known sequel called Retour a Roissy, or in English Return to Roissy.

There's the Story of O, Venus in Furs for fiction.

If you want guide books there's some like the New Topping Book and the New Bottoming Book.
I’ll look into those, thanks!

I also want to encourage people to recommend roleplays that are available to read. You can even tout your own! I won’t judge.

Heh, of course L'Histoire d'O is an alternative title for the Story of O.

I probably have a few others somewhere in my library.

Also, you might want to look into why and how people do consenting BDSM before diving into non-con roleplay. There are bunch of 'tools' for a lack of better term that are used in the scene that might be useful for communicating with your writing partner. It's super easy to misstep over boundaries when character consent is not there. Or feel free to toss me a DM if you have any questions. I've mentored people before, so I can probably answer ~everything.

Also, you might want to look into why and how people do consenting BDSM before diving into non-con roleplay. There are bunch of 'tools' for a lack of better term that are used in the scene that might be useful for communicating with your writing partner. It's super easy to misstep over boundaries when character consent is not there. Or feel free to toss me a DM if you have any questions. I've mentored people before, so I can probably answer ~everything.

I have a bit of a problem with the wording of 'consenting BDSM'. Imho all BDSM is consenting, any D or M not respecting those rules should get out of the life as soon as possible.

As for non-con books, anything by DAF Marquis de Sade will do.

The Original Sinners series by Tiffany Reisz. She’s active in the lifestyle herself and knows what she’s talking about.

The Original Sinners series by Tiffany Reisz. She’s active in the lifestyle herself and knows what she’s talking about.
Thank you! I'll add that to my list.

Also I have to say, your profile pic is so so lovely. Rachel Weisz makes me melt.

Back
Top Bottom