Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Discord] CYOA Campaign: The New World awaits!

Hello everyone!​

I'm SultryStoryteller and as the title suggests I am here to offer you a fantasy CYOA (Choose Your Own Adventure). What I'm offering is a bit different from a standard roleplay so I'll explain the idea a bit.

Rather than write posts back and forth, I will write posts and then present you with a list of choices for how you want to handle the situation your character finds themselves in. Let me give you an example:

Bob walks down the road and finds the road forked in two, one road that led to the right and one that led to the left.
He stopped to consider his options for a moment.

Choices:
-> Pick the road that leads to the left
-> Pick the road that leads to the right

You pick a choice from the list and I write out the next post based on that and it keeps going like that.

Now I understand this isn't for everyone, plenty of people will feel like they lose the chance to write or to exert influence on how the story develops, but I urge you to think of this as a one on one D&D session or a Telltale game. There will be no smut in this story, the focus is entirely on the story.

While I have a story for this in mind it is possible to persuade me to go for a different story though you'd need some strong arguments. Also, to preserve the mystery of what's going on I won't share the full details of what I have in mind. For now, here's the summary of the fantasy idea I'd like to do:

Once upon a time there was a simple and plain continent. On this continent ordinary people lived in an ordinary, medieval society. There were wars and conflicts but nothing truly extraordinary ever happened. Then one day, by sheer chance, sailors discovered another continent. From the start they knew this New World was...special. It was much larger than the land they had come from and even while sailing by the shore they saw remarkable things. Starting with the fact that every climate known to man was present, from desolate deserts to arctic areas and everything in between. All manner of wildlife and plants they had never seen before survived and thrived in this new realm. Expeditions were set up at once and the bare bones of a settlement were soon built on one of the coasts. Your character is a lone pioneer who has come to this settlement to seek fame and fortune.
Who are they? And what kind of adventures will they have?
That's all up to you!

If you've read this far and are considering approaching me, there's a few things to take into consideration. If you can't meet these criteria it's likely we won't be a match though you can still try!

Criteria:
- An interest in the setting and how things work there. I'll be providing as many details of the world as I can and there will be a lot of options to talk to characters and ask them questions. Most characters have a backstory and you can talk to members of other races and ask them about their society. Knowing things is important, some of the things you learn will come up later....

- The ability to set aside one or more hours at a time for this on a regular basis. I prefer to write this on Discord in back-and-forth sessions where you make a choice and I write out the result right away. As such you need to be able to set aside an hour or more at a time for these 'sessions'. Being able to make appointments and keep them is essential.

- An interest in realism. The story will be as realistic as I can make it. Any magic in the story is hard magic and follows certain rules. If you know those rules you can use them to your benefit. If you don't know them, though, they can be used against you. Other characters also can and will betray you, do unexpected things, make mistakes, panic or otherwise fuck up or fuck you over. Cowardly characters may run away, brave characters may charge in recklessly. Your character can die if you make mistakes. We can discuss how realistic we want this to be, ranging from hardcore realism where you can trip on a rock and die from hitting your head too hard to me giving you a pass in certain situations. But some amount of realism is a must.

- Attention and commitment to detail. As mentioned in realism this will play itself out realistically which means that sometimes you'll have to spend some time dealing with tedious details. Obviously I won't make you go over what your character wears to bed or what his favorite color is but I do keep track of things like food and water, how much money you have, what kind of items are in your inventory and so on. Keeping an eye out for opportunities like that is important because they can and will come up. If you bring a rope and you end up at a canyon you can lower yourself down by tying it to a rock and sliding down the rope.

Interested?
Then add me on Discord at: Rosewood#5556

Back
Top Bottom