Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thoughts, Questions and Ideas from the Mind of Lod'num.

Laudanum

Super-Earth
Hokay. So, I'm updating this. 21 November, 2009.
Right now, it's just a compilation of random ideas for future cons and such.
1. Nikola Tesla. I can do that one no sweat. The only problem would be figuring out how to carry around electricity. I've seen those plasma light beltbuckles, and think they'd be pretty kickass mounted on some sort of Tesla-y contraption I could throw on my back. But that'll have to wait till I have money and know where to get one of those beltbuckles.
2. Andrew Ryan from Bioshock. Again, piece of cake. I have the jacket (THANK CTHULHU FOR GOODWILL!) and I could grow the stash over a couple months (I'd need that for Tesla too, come to think of it.) but the golf-club. I'd have to pray to the Gods of Cosplay that they'd let me carry one around. I know some conventions are anal about things like that.
3. Steampunked Joker. I can't say I've seen this one done before. I've seen this done terribly. I have some ideas, but none that are completely amazing. It would be tricky, but a fun challenge nonetheless.
4. Dampierre from Soul Calibur A mustachioed French Con Man. In a top hat.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/new-soul-calibur-psp-character-dampierre-big.jpg">http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-con ... re-big.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Yes. I'm sure someone out there was thinking of me when they made him. I will begin working on this one soon.
5. Daniel Plainview (There Will Be Blood.) This would be more for s's and g's. I'd have to find a long straw though. And that hat.
6. William "Bill the Butcher" Cutting (Gangs of New York) The sheer ridiculousness of the entire outfit is just downright brilliant. It can be done. Only tricky bits here would be the glorious moustache, the accent, and the top hat.

But yes, this specific thread of sorts will be me randomly rambling, hoping to get any input, etc.

SO! Let me know. If there's anything you think I could do, and would know enough about to do, speak up!

-L

I know nothing of steampunk but seeing how well you pull it off I might look into it a bit.
seeing as I have nothing to do until I start working again and it's a vastly different direction
fashion-wise than the one I'm currently in.

and it looks snazzy.

useful input will be given at a later time.

So, as I sit here, lazing about with Dear Sister, I recalled my fifteen minutes of fame in Pirates of Penzance. So, it wasn't fame at all, more along the lines of me sitting in back, singing bass as a Pirate in the first act and a Constable in the second. I was truly the Hannah Montana of Gilbert and Sullivan, being the best, indeed the best, of both worlds.
This has absolutely nothing to do with anything whatsoever. I just felt the need to reminisce with you glorious, though slightly disturbing at times, but glorious nonetheless, and kindhearted at that, but still glorious folk at Blue Moon.
I do hope that this small slice of my nostalgia has touched the hearts or the genitals of you, glorious Blue Mooners.

Toodles,
-L

FAQ:

Q: HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, LAUDANUM. WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN, YOU DIRTY STRUMPET?!

A: I apologize for disappearing like that one elusive sock in the dryer, but I now have a reason to be doing other things. Yes, yes. Laud is now happily taken.
I'm sorry to break it so bluntly and so suddenly. But after four years of solitude, I feel I deserve it.

But I am making my triumphant return.
Right now.

Much love,
L

just remember good sir, a triumphant return happens once.
Next time it'll just be 'Oh laud left again D:'

no, on a serious note it's good to know you found someone of kindred spirit.
so to speak.

be happy =]

Back
Top Bottom