Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Satisfying Cyber Space (Khaos and BrightChaos)

Seth sat at the computer desk and took the headset in his hands. This had become so routine for him. He put on the headset and his body grew still. When his eyes opened he looked at Under Kowloon level 2. Kowloon, while technically part of Eden, was very different. It's appearance had been scarred by hackers just like himself thanks to it's owners abandoning it.

The internet had taken an entirely new form in recent years. It was no longer only a means of sending data, but also a place that people would send their very mental data. At first there had been concerns, but by now it was accepted as a part of normal life by most. Most of this took place in a virtual world named Eden. Millions of business and banking transactions took place on it every day as did fun and games.

Seth had needed more money and these odd jobs were the best way to get it. He glanced at his Digivice to review his task. Someone was willing to pay for access to a corporate server. Likely a rival company sniffing around for trade secrets. But he wasn't paid to worry about that. He had tracked an employee who he believed would have access to the server. He must have been up to something to be hanging out down here.

He held out his Digivice and released his Digimon. A catlike Digimon. It was a good deal he had gotten from the DigiMarket. As she materialized he was reminded of the unconformable fact that even the best hackers did not fully understand Digimon. But how could something like them appear in a world made by people if they were beyond human understanding? But he didn't have time to dwell on that.

"Tailmon, I got a simple task for you." Seth started kneeling down to be on eye level with her. Even though these were programs as far as he knew he couldn't help but talk to them like people.
"You see that guy over there in the suit. All you have to do is touch him for a few seconds. I already have added a program that will access what I need from his account when you do." Seth explained to the cat-like Digimon.

Back
Top Bottom