Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Antar's Musings

ChaosEmbrace

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
-I'll be using this thread for potential future ideas and musings.-

It has been years. I always said I'd get back to roleplaying someday. Yet I had so many other things planned for life. My goal was to finish college, and then go out there, really take on the world, and enjoy life! Well, the good news is after years, much longer than I'd expected to take, I finished college! The really not-so-good news is now the world is going to hell, and sadly there's nothing much I can do about that. My usual coping mechanism, the gyms, are all closed. And it doesn't feel safe to go out anywhere. Having battled with anxiety and depression for years, I can't tell you what a crap situation it is to be in.

Bah! But enough about the world. I'm here to get away from it for awhile. I'm safe, for now, and I've got a routine going to keep the anxiety under control. Now I'm just keeping boredom at bay. And what better way to do that than to re-engage the passion I once had for writing? The passion that was my original coping mechanism years ago. While it's been a long time, I can still feel it there, lingering in the back of my mind. The passion, the excitement, of building a world, however temporary it may be, to have fun and play and revel in it, and to forget for awhile, the constant, neverending demands of real-life. That is what I want, and what I hope to find..

A typical day for me:

Get up in the wee hours of the morning, drive an hour to work because I am essential personnel, work for 8 hours, check messages but only able to send short responses, drive an hour back home, get stuck in road construction with no detours or alternate routes for a good 30 extra minutes, come home and try to unwind for a bit which involves a checklist of basic self-care items (shower, eat, take a nap maybe), work on another project that I've gotten pulled into and spend the next several hours getting that done... ahh, finally some free time to RP and oh look! It's well-past the hours that any sane, normal person should be awake. Guess I should get some sleep and be ready to do it all again tomorrow. Maybe then I'll have actually have the time to get around to responding to my RP partners, or at least that's what I'll tell myself...
/rant

Back
Top Bottom