Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Power is Never Free [MysteryShade/LustfulSins]

MysteryShade

Super-Earth
Kyle finished drawing the circle he had on the floor of his dorm room and lit the candles. He took in a deep breath, undoing a couple buttons of his black button down shirt that he wore with a pair of black slacks. Part of the school uniform. "Okay, magic circle, five black candles, now to sprinkle the salt," he mused as he looked over at his spell book. He grabbed a handful of salt from a small glass bowl. "Then say this spell as you sprinkle it," he read before feeling excitement flood through him. He was finally going to have his own magical companion! So he began chanting the spell while sprinkling the salt on the magic circle. It glowed a bright red as he finished the spell before there was a big puff of smoke. Kyle coughed, waving some of it away from him.

520ca7f8f1c9bb0fba4071585c6e197a.jpg

At first, it would seem the summoning had failed, as there appears to be nothing when the smoke clears. But a moment later, a ball of pure, visible lightning floats flashes, floating three feet off the ground. The crackle of electricity and the smell of something burning fills the dorm room. Another flash, and the lightning is replaced by a figure, sparks of electricity jumping along his frame.

Tricarron the A rank lightning demon stands six feet tall in the middle of the summoning circle. He's wearing a black leather jacket with a white faux fur hood, a tight purple tank, black leather gloves and pants, and no footwear. A shaggy mess of white hair matches his pale skin. An old scar circles his throat like a collar. Violet eyes look around, the left eye crossed by a thin purple tattoo. A leather cord hangs low around his neck, decorated by three silver diamond shaped pendants, each with a different rune.

This isn't the first time Tric has been summoned. But it is the first time he's been summoned by someone with the power levels of a student. How did a student get so lucky to summon an A rank demon? Tric crosses his arms over his toned chest. "Where am I and what's the time period?" Tric's voice isn't deep, but the power in it is evident. It's the kind of voice that demands obedience.

(Ooh, very nice~)

Kyle couldn't help but stare at him with awe. He had read about demons like him - ones that had a human appearance. They were told to be pretty powerful, so it made the young wizard wonder how he was able to summon a demon so strong. But he snapped out of his awe at the sound of the intimidating tone, his emerald eyes still a bit wide from surprise.

"You're in Midora, the Academy of Wizardry. The year is 2020," he informed. When was the last time this demon had been summoned by a wizard? Well... it didn't exactly matter now, did it? "I'm Kyle, a wizard in training," he added. He was only in his third year at this school and he managed to conjure such a strong creature as his companion! Quite a feat.

Tric tilts his head to crack his neck, looking the young wizard over. Wizard in training, huh. Looking to supplement his learning with extra power. Bet he doesn't know how to make a binding rune. His innocent introduction hints at such.

"Kyle, hm? Let me guess, you want to use my power to further your studies and improve your skill and standing. You have potential, summoning an A rank like me. However.." Tric trails off, looking down at the summoning circle. No binding runes, no barrier runes. Tric smirks and steps easily out of what should have been a cage, if it had been drawn properly.

"I think your practical skills could use some work." Tric moves suddenly, grabbing the front of Kyle's shirt and pushing him back, up against the wall. The demon is right in his face, so much so that Tric's body is pressed up against Kyle's. "I'll make you a deal. I'll lend you my power, and in return, you give me your body." Tric purposely doesn't elaborate on what he means.

Kyle's eyes widened as he learned the exact rank of the demon. A rank? That was... a pretty high rank of demon. He couldn't believe it! He wanted to grin only to look surprised when Tric stepped out of the circle. "What - how did you step out of the spell circle?" He asked only to grunt as he was grabbed and pushed against the wall.

Then, feeling the body pressed against his made his cheeks turn pink as he tried to push the demon away from him. But hearing him made him freeze, his breathing hitch. His body? In order to have this demon's power, he would have to let Tric use him. He opened his mouth to argue and deny it, but stopped as he thought about it. He needed this kind of power to move forward. He wanted to be able to do better in his studies, and this demon could teach him many things about magic. "Okay," he agreed reluctantly.

Tric smirks at Kyle's brief struggles. Not that the boy had any success. Then Kyle agrees, and Tric's smirk widens. He's agreeing now, but he hasn't seen what he's dealing with yet. And Tric isn't about to give him spoilers. The demon steps back, grinning now. That grin shows off a pair of small fangs. And when Tric brushes his fingers through his hair, he reveals pointed ears.

"Deal, then. And if you change your mind later, I'm taking your body anyway." Tric shrugs off his jacket, tossing it on Kyle's bed. His arms are as toned as his body; defined muscle, but lean rather than bulky. "My name is Tricarron, but feel free to call me Tric. Next time you make a summoning circle, make sure you have barrier and binding runes in it. Not that I'm going to let you summon another demon."

Kyle let out a sigh of relief as Tric stepped away from him only to gulp a little as he saw the fangs. Damn, what has he done? Why did he summon a creature of darkness rather than one of light like recommended? Oh yeah, he wanted a challenge! This just wasn't the challenge he anticipated or wanted.

He watched him take off his jacket and saw the toned form of the demon, though he hadn't really expected anything less. He cursed under his breath as he listened to the advise. So that was what he forgot to do! But the words from before rang through his mind. "Why would I change my mind?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

Tric chuckles at the question, giving Kyle a wink. "I'll leave that to your imagination." The demon stretches his arms over his head, his right shoulder popping. "Food? I haven't had human food since the last time I was summoned. There were no cars back then."

Tric wanders the room while waiting for Kyle's reply. Books on magical items, spells, rituals. No books on rune- Ah, one, and the spine isn't even cracked. Tric smirks again. "What experience do you have? There were no academies my last trip to earth."

Kyle blushed, not sure he wanted to know as he watched him. He snapped out of his thoughts at the mention of food for the demon. "Oh, I have a few snacks that can hold you over until breakfast in the morning," he said as he went to a drawer and pulled out a bag of trail mix and handed it to him.

He then saw him looking at his books and blushed a little. He was still working on studying all of them. "I'm in my third year right now. I'd like to think I'm pretty experienced, but I'm not better than those in my year. I've learned the basics, potions, spell casting, magic items, rituals. But each year gets more advanced and more is added to the studying," he explained.

Tric takes the bag of trail mix and sniffs it, then tosses a handful in his mouth. Good enough for now. The demon turns to look at Kyle, listening to his words. "You should spend more time studying runes. Very powerful, very useful. And will keep you out of dangerous situations. You're lucky I'm relaxed. Another demon might make you his meal."

Tric moves to the window next. Dark outside, night time. But he can see the moon, and that hasn't changed in the several hundred years since last he was here. It's a small comfort. "What made you choose a demon? Demons are dangerous and selfish."

Kyle paled a little at the mention of another demon making him his meal. "G-good to know," he replied, looking to his book that read Rune Augmentations. It looks like he'll have to study that book faster than he expected. At least he would be ready for when his professor began teaching the students about the topic.

He then looked at Tric as he heard the question. "Well, I saw all my other classmates summoning fairies, elves, giants - so many other creatures of light. I mean, I know most of them can be pretty powerful, but it was too predictable for me. I wanted something different, a challenge. So I chose a demon," he explained as he went over to his bed next to the window, sitting down before lying back with his hands folded behind his head.

Tric moves so quietly to stand beside the bed, next to Kyle's shoulder. His head tilts, watching this boy who seems so relaxed around an A rank demon. At this angle, Kyle would be able to see just how little the demon's leather pants leave to the imagination. Tric drops the bag of trail mix on the bedside table. "Light creatures can be quite strong. And they're a lot less likely to kill you if you break a deal."

Tric sets one knee on the side of the bed, then makes a shooting motion. "Move over. I'm not sleeping on the floor."

Kyle's eyes widened at the sight of Tric's crotch area. The way the pants hugged the hips, yet show just how... big he was. He couldn't help but gulp a little. What the hell did he get himself into? But then he heard the demand and blushed more. "Just don't try anything!" He said quickly with a warning look before hesitantly scooting over on the small bed. He would be closer to the wall since they'd be sharing the bed.

He picked up his t-shirt from the side of the bed before unbuttoning his school shirt, tossing it in the laundry basket before sliding the t-shirt on. He then undid his pants, sliding those off to leave him in his boxers.

Tric just smirks and stretches out beside Kyle. He chooses to leave his tank and leather pants on, a show that he wouldn't purposely try anything. The demon does leaves his gloves on too, which would seem odd, but he doesn't intend to explain unless asked.

Cute body. Slender." Tric is, of course, watching Kyle change, and doesn't miss the opportunity to tease him. He rolls onto his side facing the boy, head propped on his hand.

Kyle blushed as he was teased about his body and glared at him, grumbling a little under his breath. So when he finished getting dressed, he laid down, getting under the blanket, facing toward him. "What kind of demon are you anyway?" He asked, rubbing his eyes as he felt exhaustion washing over him once his head hit the pillow.

"I'm a lightning demon. These," Tric hooks his thumb in the cord holding the three silver rune tags. "Keep me from overcharging and 'exploding' electricity. They're like a damper. Lightning is more dangerous than most other elements, and most demons are elemental types."

Tric raises an eyebrow in amusement at the exhaustion clear on Kyle's face. "You weren't ready for that summoning. You're too tired to protect yourself from the demon you summoned."

Kyle had summoned a pretty strong demon. Not only rank wise, but element wise. It was pretty impressive and it made him wonder what his professors would think. They'd most likely scold him for conjuring a creature of darkness given what those creatures normally wanted in trade.

He huffed at the comment from Tric. "I had a long day and conjured a powerful demon. What do you expect?" He grumbled before deciding to try to go to sleep. Though it was odd given he was sharing a bed with someone.

Tric just hums. Kyle is trying to play tough. Any other demon would take advantage of the boy. Tric would let him sleep. He'd be doing a lot of heavy activity in the months to come.

Tric rolls onto his back, closing his eyes. It's been hundreds of years since the last time he was summoned, and now the sounds outside are foreign to him. It would be an adjustment, but it wouldn't take much. Even though he hadn't been on earth, hell realms have windows to earth, so Tric had passed the centuries fucking other demons and watching the world pass by on earth.

So the next morning, Kyle was up, showered, and dressed in his uniform which consisted of the formal black button-up, black slacks, blue tie, and blue jacket that had hints of gold on it. "Okay, ready to get some breakfast?" He asked Tric.

When Tric had fallen asleep, he had slept deeply. He hadn't woken as Kyle had moved around. But hearing the boy's voice is enough to rouse the demon. Tric blinks his eyes open with a growl. It's early yet. He hadn't expected the boy to wake before midmorning.

With a growl, Tric sits up, ruffling his hair. Then he stares at Kyle until his words sink in. Clearly, the demon is not a morning person. In silence, he makes his way to the bathroom to relieve himself, then pulls on his jacket when he returns. "Why is it so bloody early?"

Kyle wasn't really fazed by the growl. He'd honestly dealt with worse from classmates on the way to breakfast. He waited for Tric to get himself ready while he gathered his books in his book bag before seeing come out of the bathroom. "Well, it gives us time to have breakfast before going to classes. And classes tend to last until about three in the afternoon. The reason we start classes so early is so we can get our work done, then relax the rest of the night," he explained with a shrug.

He then smirked as he opened the door. "What, won't be able to handle it?" He asked teasingly, deciding to get him back for calling him cute last night. With that, he walked out to lead Tric to the dining hall. Around him, students that were walking through were staring with shock as they saw the demon with him. "When was the last time you were summoned anyway?" He asked. It had to have been a very long time. The Academy had been around hundreds of years.

Tric just growls again as he follows Kyle out of his dorm room. Around them the stares quickly turn to whispers when the demon bares his teeth. He shoves his hands in his pockets, jacket looped over his wrist. His bare feet make no sound on the hardwood floors.

The last time he was summoned? It was so long ago he can barely remember. That wizard had been more experienced, even had binding runes. Tric had been under his control for months. Then the demon had successfully seduced that man, and everything went downhill. Tric shakes his head, huffing. "Think it was 1150's or 1160's."

Kyle blinked at him over his shoulder. "That long? Wow. But then again, that explains why you didn't recognize this place. It wasn't found until around 1423," he mused, if he remembered his history lessons correctly. Soon enough, they reached the dining hall that was filled with the mouth watering aroma of breakfast foods.

"Whoa! Man, is that a demon?" A classmate of Kyle's asked. "Yeah. His name's Tricarron," Kyle informed as he took a seat and grabbed a muffin to munch on. "Wow, he looks pretty powerful," another said with awe as he looked at Tric.

Tric stares at the classmate that's nearly fawning over him as he sits down beside Kyle. He narrows his eyes, then looks down at the food. "A rank lightning demon." Tric sees no harm in announcing this, as there's few that can actually defeat him. If he were one against a large group, that may prove difficult.

Tric stares at the food a while longer before picking up a muffin as well. Most of this food looks strange to him. Breakfast back then was mostly sausages, eggs, bread, and occasionally- Ah fruit further down the table. Tric puts the untouched muffin down, then stands up again and moves down the table. He takes an empty plate from a staring student, growls, then loads it with fruit, eggs and two buttered slices of toast. Then he returns to Kyle's side to sit and eat in silence.

Kyle saw Tric growling at as students stared at him and snickered a bit. Well, some payback is nice. He ate his muffin after pouring himself some orange juice. "You know that the Headmaster's not gonna like this," his friend, Xander, warned. "Tric hasn't done anything and he isn't hurting anyone. Everything will be fine," Kyle waved off the warning before going back to having his breakfast.

So once breakfast was finished, the first class was Spell Casting. Obviously, it was where students learned to cast spells. It was mainly defensive and offensive spells for when in battle. Though in the first couple years, the spells are for simple things.

Back
Top Bottom