Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Heir to the Throne (Extremeophile X Redneck Queen)

Extremeophile

James fidgeted in his seat, drunk on wine and constantly glancing over at who would be his wife with a mix of nervousness and excitement. As soon as the ceremony was completed, they would be expected to consummate the marriage and secure the next generation of rulers. James Cartwright, of the royal Cartwright family, was a strong, promising, red blooded young man of 16, and was already inspiring some hope in the people. He seemed to be great with numbers, and with warfare and history, though his diplomacy classes had been lacking and he had made a few honest but forgivable public blunders in his younger days. While not old enough yet to participate in tournaments, he hoped one day to impress his people by showing them that he could fight just like a common soldier.

His father, Lord Bartholomew, King of the realm and all it's people, was a well known strong and benevolent ruler. He had integrated two previously independent local fiefdoms just in this year alone, and his people were united against the threat of a rival kingdom just to the north of them, which sat on a prize mineral deposit which gave them access to gold and silver. Lord Bartholomew coveted that land, and he despised the ruler of it, who charged his kingdom unfair prices on it's goods and whose leader was a despot. The idea behind this marriage was a simple one. His bride to be was the youngest daughter of a wealthy and successful merchant, putting down a large downpayment on the kings troops. With his father's leadership, and a well stocked force, the rich veins of the Andoor mountains would be theirs, and their kingdom would be undoubtedly a dominating force for the entire continent.

The confident 40 year old man stands before all of the nobles of the land, raising a glass to them all and swilling the wine in it. "To my son and his betrothed, may they live on and usher in a new age of peace and prosperity for our people!" He shouts loudly, all other standing and joining him, tilting their cups to the sky and suckling down their wine greedily. "Long live the king! Long live the king! Long live the king!" Some men lift James and his bride up on chairs and parade them about the room, someone places an adorable wooden crown of James' head as a joke and everyone laughs. Jame's chair tumbles, but he recovers in an acrobatic gesture, hopping up onto one foot and taking a bow which everyone applauds to. Seeing that he has the rooms attention, he tries to practice what his father has been teaching him, about letting the people know who you are.

James clears his throat, looking over once again at his bride to be, staring into her eyes for a few beats, a blush on his face as he shivered. They would be together forever, and they were both so young, they would make so many memories together. He would be staring into her eyes each and every day, and the idea of it filled him with joy. She was older than him by a few years sure, but she was an absolutely gorgeous young woman, whom her father had trained well and groomed for this exact day. He knew one day his daughter would be marrying the kings son, and now that moment that he had worked for, that she had worked for, was finally here at last. Everyone's heart melts as the young king is stricken by her beauty. "I just want to say how grateful I am, to all of you, to my father, to the Cartwright legacy and the support of Mr. Siebert and his lovely and incredible daughter." He says bowing to him respectfully. "I hope he and his wife will be like a second set of parents to me, and in some ways to all of you, as they have been pillars of their community for decades." Here the crowd gives a small cheer, James father nodding for him to continue, he was doing a good job.

He waits for the applause to die town, turning to his father and kneeling in a sign of loyalty to him, and the crest that hung behind him on the wall. "But let us not forget the reason why we are all here today." He says, the rest of the nobles now also kneeling at the feet of their king, even James' new bride's father gestured to her to also kneel before the king, joining everyone in taking a knee in the dining hall. James father clears his throat, and stands up solemnly. "Let us take this moment to remember the men who gave their lives at wallow glade, and for those men who worked tirelessly through the winter of three years ago to ration food and to keep our people strong." Everyone here nods in solumn agreement. "We have made great strides in these last twenty years, and I must say I feel as hale and hearty as I did in my younger days." He says, everyone cheers and whistles loudly at this. "We are making a bold push, but our strategy is sound and we have superior numbers and materials than those that stand against us. By this time next year, we shall inherit a new kingdom, a stronger kingdom, a freer kingdom of prosperity!" Everyone cheers again as the king calms them down. "Now please, let us enjoy this evening, for we have earned it, I thank you all for coming!"

With this the band starts to play, James dances with many of his courtiers, aunts and uncles, high rank nobles, and others he is expected to dance with. At the end of the night there is a special dance between them, James holding her tightly, even though she was a little taller than he was. "You looked beautiful." He says in a sweet tone, making her want to feel good. "I am so happy that I get to be with you." James holds her as close as he can, standing a bit on tip toes and hoping that nobody notices. Throughout their slow dance, he continues to whisper sweet things in her ear, stroking her back and using carefully practiced steps to show off his level of nobility and grace. "I want you to know that I will always love and protect you." He says sweetly, looking into her eyes with a firey and energetic youthful passion.

Adelaide smiled as she danced with him blushing a little as he spoke to her sweetly, smiled kissing the top of his head. “ Your to sweet! “ She was actually in love with him, had been for quite sometime. So being his chosen bride was definitely an honor, as her long black hair swished back and forth as she danced with him. She couldn’t wait to go back to their chambers, undress him but she also wanted to wind down from the party itself. The morning after would definitely be one for the books, she looked forward to waking up next to him every morning for the rest of her young life. When the music stopped she looked around at everyone that had attended the event, leaned down to whisper in his ear. “ a Shall we retire my love? I’m feeling a bit tired.”

The last part was a little white lie however she was a little tired, it was nothing some privacy with her husband wouldn’t help. She had dreamed of this moment, wanted to be alone with him to the point of almost growing impatient. Running her fingers through her hair, looked at the clock wondering when the event would end. Her stomach was full, she just wanted to retire with her husband so they could consummate their marriage. It wasn’t that she was excited or anything she was actually quite nervous since it would her first time but she’d heard good things from some of her friends that had gotten married.

Last edited:
James was excited himself, he didn't want to rush Adelaide into anything she didn't want to do. His father had taught him about chivalry and seduction, wanting to make sure his new wife was happy with him. It was very important for his alliance that this all go well. Still he could see the eagerness in her eyes, and he wanted her badly too, but he was worried about leaving too early. He decides to make a bold decision. "Let's retire early, it has been a long day." He says grabbing her hand and leading her out of the ballroom to his Chambers. Someone points this out just as the two are leaving. "Got somewhere to be eh boy?" Says a gruff old man. Everyone laughs and cheers, embarassing the young lovers. "Come on we're tired." James says, trying to find an excuse. "I hope you're not too tired!" The old man ripostes back, earning a louder round of guffaws and cheers. The young heir waves them off, dragging his lady out before either of them can be any more embarassed.

James leads her up to a walkway where they can be alone in the cool night air. The wall overlooks the capital below, full of burgeoning citizens, trade, the future of their nation. He stares out at it, bringing Adelade over to it. "This is my favorite place to stand in the whole castle, you can see all the people down there. When I was a boy I used to bring my spyglass down here to watch the carts go by." He says, looking into her eyes in the moonlight. His heart races, still clearly an inexperienced young man. He holds Adelades hand and gets a little closer, trying to kiss her on the lips.

Back
Top Bottom