Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

No Time [Leon x Degu]

Degusaurusrex

Supernova
d9xnivl-a7154ddf-2ec0-45df-b3da-ba5bd8aa22e5.jpg

July 12

“Are you gonna take this shot with me, or what? You've been staring at that pool table for the last couple of minutes.” Green eyes stared from underneath a mane of dark hair, focusing on the irritated red head seated beside her. Her head turned to look down at the bar counter, staring at the four shot glasses lined up.

“Two more? Ash, I've already had.. Uh, how many have I had?” The other woman shrugged, brown eyes hazy as she handed over a shot.

“Just take the damn shot, Naya.” Rolling her eyes at the demanding tone of her friend, she tipped back the small glass and downed the dark liquor. With a wince at the burn that worked down her throat, she knocked back the second before any more demands were made.

“There, happy?” Setting it down with a thud, Naya slid from the bar stool and stretched. Tugging her jacket from the back of it, she fixed the jean shorts and wore and settled back on the ground. “It's bad enough you talked me into wearing this,” She waved a hand at the black tank top she wore, cutting off well above her navel to display the glittering jewel there. “When I would have been perfectly content with a shirt. But no, you wanted me to dress up.”

“Hey, I wanted to talk you into a dress like I have.” Grinning drunkenly, the red head waved a hand at her own black mini dress, heels clicking along the floor as she nearly stumbled out of her seat. Naya groaned, her boots scuffing along the floor as she aided her friend towards the pool table.

“One round, then I'm getting your drunk ass home.”

“Says the equally drunk woman.”

“Hush your mouth, woman.” Frowning as she managed to get the heel clad woman to the pool table, she tossed her jacket on a nearby jacket and inserted the necessary quarters to retrieve the balls and place them on the table. “At least I was smart enough to wear boots that stop at my ankles and not those ridiculously tall heels.” Watching her friend brace herself unsteadily on the table, Naya handed her a pool cue and set up the balls before taking her first shot.

“I'm gonna kick your ass at this, you know that? Especially with how hammered you are.” Not that she was much better off, but she was neither slurring or stumbling. “You know what, you're calling your boyfriend after this game to pick you up, I'm not walking you home and walking myself home. Idiot.” Just as she'd said, it was a quick game that she won, the cue propped against the wall as she smirked victoriously.

“I told you I'd—What the hell?!” Jumping at the hand that hit her on the ass, hard, she spun around with a sound not unlike a growl. “Seriously, dude? Do I look like I want you touching me?” The man was much taller than her height of five feet and three inches, towering over her as he grinned..

“Dressed like that? Yeah, you do.”

“Oh boy.” She could hear Ash muttering in the background, her own pool cue clattering to the ground as she nearly fell over herself trying to grab at Naya. “Naya, don't—Oh, here we go.” There came a groan that was drowned out by an unhappy grunt of pain, a fist swinging out to connect squarely with the man's nose. Naya yelped as pain spread through her hand, the knuckles coming away bloody before she grinned wide.

“That's what you get for grabbing a girl's ass without permission!” Seeming rather satisfied with herself as she stepped back, she rubbed at her sore knuckles. The skin hadn't been broken, but they'd surely be bruised from their contact with the hard cartilage. “Come on Ash—Oh shit, is that their piss poor excuse for security?” Though the bar was neither small nor large, there was only the minor security of one man to keep things in check, a rather tall and broad chested one that was already making his way over. “Ash, back door?” Seeing how unsteady her friend was on her feet, she realized she wasn't going anywhere, and resigned herself to the fate of being thrown out. Or.. She could bolt, and make a call to the drunk woman's boyfriend to pick her up. Eyes flickering between security and the door, she fell into an internal debate.

4753cae4edbd23c193e7e65c244f2597.jpg

To say that he had something as an easy task or something that would even resemble routine would be the furthest thing from the truth. Saying that he found it pleasant to, which seemed to be suddenly and abruptly pulled into existence for the sake of a single person. What at least for him wasn't as long as a normal person would think if you were to say out loud that he had been a glorified babysitter for the better part of twenty-five or so human years. From what would be deemed the mundane to the life threatening, this one human females life was integral to the greater scheme of things. At least, that is what the powers that be would say but nothing more than that.

Honestly, Layton did not care either way. He was given a job to do and he did as he was told with no quarrel as it wasn't a place of an angel, let alone a guardian angel to question the higher power. He had come and gone without any purpose other than to make sure that this one person were to be removed from danger, regardless of how big or small. He found out fairly early on that some levels of protection were more warranted than others. His judgement in that regard had come to be a bit more reasonable but the one thing that had always stayed the same was that he had to try to stay hidden whilst on earth.

Which had become difficult in some times than others though he had not been caught outright to the best of his knowledge. Though, it was always a feeling he would get when she was in danger, almost like the feeling he was getting at that very moment. It was like his stomach was being pulled on, almost as if it wanted to escape his body. This in turn pulled the rest of his body into a gravity filled atmosphere that from past experiences meant that he did not need to come in with his wings full blown. As of late, the places he had been brought into existence was just as random as the last.

He looked around to see that he was in the darker end of bar with several unsavory individuals facing what seemed to be an altercation of some sort so none seemed to even question his appearance, not that it was something they would have been able to do in the first place but that was neither here nor there. Layton felt the urge of his body heating up and that meant that Naya was not to far by and if as on cue, the shock of a few customers reacting to the sudden strike against another man.

Layton could tell what the threat was but eliminating someone in public without Naya noticing was the issue but making sure she was safe was the prime goal in the end. He looked around and found that he was close to an exit door. He would push the door open just enough that it swung open so that hopefully it would prove a better alternative but he couldn't know for sure when it involved Naya.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Realizing she needed to make her decision quickly, Naya leaned over to kiss Ash on the cheek before snatching up her jacket. "Sorry babe, gotta go. Call that sorry excuse of your boyfriend to come and get you." There were too many people watching for her to get out the front door, although she could certainly try. A quick look around the room had her eyes focusing on a man, but more importantly, an open door. Giving Ash a cheeky grin and a wink, her boots were scuffing across the floor as she bolted from the bar. Out the door and down the short alley, she looked over her shoulder to glance at the man. Why did he look so familiar?

"Whatever, I don't have time for this." She nearly stumbled once, hand scraping along the wall as she darted to the end and around a corner. Since it brought her around the back of the bar and not the front, she wasn't quite sure which direction she was supposed to go. All she knew was that she needed to get away, and could deal with the consequences of her location later. Worst come to worst she could start making calls, see who available to come and get her. Hopefully someone, or it was going to be a long, long night. It was a Friday though, surely someone had to be available, although most of them were probably already as drunk as she was.

"Oh god, where am I?" Stopping only when she'd gotten about a block down, Naya leaned against a building and let out a breathless laugh. It wasn't how she'd thought her night would turn out, and her throbbing knuckles assured her she would regret it in the morning. It was only the mass amount of alcohol pumping through her body that kept her energized enough to stand there laughing before debating her course of action. First things first, she had to figure out where she was.

"Wait a--No way." The laughter abruptly stopped as the image of the mystery man flashed through her brain, a mixture or recognition and fear coiling in her stomach. She had seem him before. Either that, or she was finally losing her sanity. She'd seen him one of the times she'd run away and gotten into trouble, yet managed to get away unharmed. How was it even possible he'd found her again, and more importantly, why? Tugging on her jacket with a frown, she looked up and down the street warily. Had he followed her?

Layton felt the ever growing pull in his gut which in turn meant that not all was right but this time, something felt off though there was no way he would know just what that would entail. He would raise his hands up to pull the collar of his coat up, aiming to conceal his face as much as possible. Though, with all the bustle and hustle, not many were turning their attention to him in the first place. He had a job to do and he made it a point to keep it going, she had lived this long so there must be something he was doing right but he could not say that he took pride in it, it was just the way of things, almost natural than anything else. The sole reason for living and he felt no real way about it and some might see that as an issue but not he.

He made his way through the mosh of people to get out the front door as hastily as he could without drawing any sort of unwanted attention. After making out, he would look around and obviously, she was nowhere to be seen but that was never what he went off of. He would tilt his head to the side, as if to listen to some unheard sound that only the most trained ear could hear. Though, it wasn't even sound that he was going off of, it didn't really have a name or even a sense. It was, it just was. A slight twitch in his shoulder would cause him to turn his head just a bit more in one direction and in the moment, he would turn and start quickly down the sidewalk, head low but determination in his footstep.

The closer that he got, the less tension he felt in his body and the calmer things became. It was less of strain on both body and mind and that was how he would find her without fail. His hands held tightly in his jacket as his eyes shifted around in search of the woman. Any movement would cause him to bring his attention fully to the object but as soon as he felt it wasn't her, he would instantly lose interest. It wasn't until his head turned toward a single woman and it was as if his eyes would be permanently locked onto her but there was still this feeling that he couldn't rightly put down in his stomach that caused him to keep an eye on her longer than normal.

Usually he would remove her from danger or danger from her and after feeling the wash of ease, he would soon find himself removed from the earthly realm but that wasn't the case. He looked around to see if something else would catch his attention, something that would explain the feeling but the one thing was for certain, he couldn't just leave. He began to make his way toward Naya. While it wasn't the best thing to do, just letting her walk about while he had this feeling seemed out of the question. "Hey!"

"No fucking way. I'm going insane." Raking her hands back through her hair with a frown, Naya tried to sift through several different memories. The man she'd just seen--There was no way she'd seen him in the past--looking just as he had. Right? Right. Nodding her head to herself as she walked, she hummed quietly to herself. She was just drunk and imagining things, there was no one following her. A quick look around confirmed that and she continued to hum, boots scuffing along the sidewalk as she bobbed her head. "You're just drunk, girl. Find somewhere that's familiar, and go home. You'll be fine." Talking herself down before any sense of panic started, she waved a hand lazily in the air at a random drunk passing by. It was only the sound of a loud voice that had her pausing, stiffening up as she slowly turned around.

"You." Her eyes went wide as she took several steps back and shook her head. Eyes swept over him repeatedly as her brow furrowed, trying to separate the line between intoxication and reality. "Look, buddy, I appreciate you giving me a way out of the bar, but following me, really?" Her heart pounded in her chest as she took another step back. There was no doubt in her mind now that she'd seen him before, she just couldn't decide if it was comforting or worrisome. "I've seen your face before. I don't think I like that. Now what the hell do you want?" Positioned in such a way that gave her an advantage should she decide to run, her hands were tucked into her jacket pockets. "Well?"

Back
Top Bottom