Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Reluctant Model.

Lyra

Supernova
Jason tugged at the collar of his tuxedo, uncomfortably. He couldn't believe his sister had forced him to come to this boring dinner. At least she hadn't made him pay the 150 dollars for it, not that he would have been able to. He had to admit that the monkey suit wasn't all bad, though. He wouldn't be mistaken for a girl for once which, in his usual attire, was a common occurrence.

Jason was incredibly slender with fairly effeminate features, and it had caused him nothing but grief. He had often thought about getting a much shorter haircut, but he didn't think his dark brownish red hair would look right that way. As it was, it wasn't super long, not past his shoulders at least, but it was still a tad on the shaggy side. He often mused darkly that people would just confuse him for a dyke instead. He couldn't count the number of fights he'd gotten into over guys teasing him about being girly or gay. The latter was especially bad, because it struck a very uncomfortable chord.

"I'll have the steak," Jason told the waiter when he came by. He didn't hear what his sister had ordered because he had already gone back to trying to forget she even existed. It was all her fault he had to sit through this crap anyway.Apparently, the news had gotten back to her that he had been seen at a party hugging up on another guy. He had been blitzed out of his mind at the time, and he used that to excuse it, but he hadn't been drunk enough not to remember it the next day like he claimed. Still, it unfortunately gave her enough leverage to convince him to come. She had said she wanted him to meet someone she knew and maybe do a little work for them. He just hoped it wouldn't be anything too craptastic.

An eccentric fashion designer had been the head of this party, a man of many words but few morals. He was known for his drug habits, his excellent designs, and the fact that call boys seemed to be a hobby of his. He embodied everything wrong with the fashion world, but he was able to keep his rich life from his genius. He wasn't the most endearing of celebrities, nor was he the most loved. The paparazzi tried following him, though they had little success. Somehow this famous designer was able to keep under the radar, using every single person he could to keep his location hidden.

Though, that is not to say he wasn't out of the tabloids. From being caught snorting coke off of the belly of a rent-boy, to being half nude in the streets, there wasn't much the public hadn't seen of him at one point or another. This particular evening though, he was at least mostly sober, his feminine frame a mixture of starved fashion model, and holocaust victim. He preferred to call himself the trendsetter of the 'nouveau holocaust' mindset of beauty. Then again, when one pukes up more than half their meals, and refuses to eat anything that isn't extremely healthy... well, they tend not to gain a lot of weight.

It's not as though his personal life was that much healthier. Vincent's pets included various crustations, such as crabs and lobsters. All of them had names, and he occasionally walked them. Some of them were even held in a nearby tank that of course looked extremely expensive, and had the most state of the art accessories to go with it. His outfit was rather surprising though, as it wasn't a suit at all.

It was pinstripe slacks with a matching vest. Under the vest was a white button down shirt, and he wore dark shoes to go with it. A tophat was worn upon his head, along with white gloves. It was Victorian for his tastes, but he figured that it was dressing down enough for this event. He didn't consider it to be a big event, since the mere success of a new fashion line was old news.

Red curled locks bounced slightly as he looked to the familiar face of a girl. He considered her a kiss-ass, but she owed him some money. She also promised a new model to pay off her debt, which he would gladly accept if the one she offered up looked good enough. "Hello, hello, hello." He spoke when leaning over her shoulder, looking at the uncomfortable guest. "Is this it? I'll take him, but he'll need a bit of a makeover." Apparently he didn't feel the need to introduce himself, or anything of the like. He just wanted to stake his claim and get this rolling.

"Oh, of course. I totally agree. He has no real fashion sense, but I knew you would be able to take care of that part," Jason overheard his sister say to the man who had appeared at her side. He swore she sounded like a talking vacuum cleaner and, while he knew she was trying to insult him, he really didn't care about what she thought about his fashion sense. All he could think about was how much he wished she wasn't such a bitch.

Jason took a better look at his sister's aquaintance, and suddenly he felt anxious for his food. The man was even skinnier than him! Just looking at him made Jason feel like he should eat something. Unfortunately, he would have to wait for the host to make whatever presentation he was going to make, as the food wasn't being served until after.

"Hi, my name is Jason," he announced as he inserted himself into the conversation. He followed up by standing and offering the man a handshake. He figured this guy was the one his sister had made the arrangement with or he wouldn't have been brought up in conversation, so he might as well find out what he was in for.

It seemed as though the man didn't become kinder by the moment, as he merely replied, "Oh goodness.. quite the hick, aren't you boy?" He couldn't help but rudely snicker at the other's interjection into the conversation, and how he put his hand out. "I'm sorry, I don't shake the hands of farm boys... I don't even shake hands." It was true, Vincent was known for the fact that he hardly ever touched people, unless he was just trying to get rid of them, or sucking up. Considering how high he was on the social ladder, he didn't need to suck up anymore.

"You're so charming... in an ignorant sort of way. Your sister is right, though. We're going to need to change you completely. You also need to lose some of that baby fat you have." The way in which he carried himself had shown that he was completely stuck up, and assumed he was better than everyone else in this room. "Only after he loses that baby fat, he can model. Till then, I'm going to have to cram pills down his chubby little mouth." Of course it was apparent to everyone else, that Jason was hardly fat at all... it was just that this fashionista had a different perception of people.

Back
Top Bottom