Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

last seen and privacy stats

Salix

Planetoid
Hi,

I'm curious about the "last seen" status and other updates for users. I have to admit, I used to have a different user name here. After real life took me away from RPing for several months, I recently tried to sign onto my old user name to contact an RP partner I enjoyed writing with before life took over, and had an old "sorry I don't have time for this/am not interested anymore" RP partner contact me out of the blue rather insistently. To the point I created a new account. They can obviously see I've been online on the other account recently despite the fact it's been months since we've RP'd, I clearly said I wasn't interested in RPing anymore, and I thought I had my security setting locked down as tightly as possible. Is there a way to stop this beyond outright ignoring a user? Can people see when they've been ignored? Any guidance on how to be anonymous on this site when desired is helpful!

Thanks!
-Salix

In short, yes, a user can see when they've been ignored by another.
Ex: a line would appear through my name if I ignored/blocked you.

If anonymity is your concern, your best options are to limit your viewability (which, it appears you've done).
As for other users knowing you're online etc, your best course of action would be to let them know, clearly, that you aren't interested and that you'd like them to not contact you further. ...which it seems like you've maybe done also. As for how they were able to deduce you'd made an appearance on that other account , I cannot say.

Which brings us to...

If the problem persists, I'd highly encourage reporting the problematic user to Staff. We don't tolerate harassment (of any variety). And another user not accepting a firm No would fall into that category.

Thanks for the helpful clarifications on site privacy! I'll contact a staff member if the problem persists, but it's good to know what other people do and don't see.

Back
Top Bottom