Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Discord Help (Anyone else get their account disabled for no reason?)

Meego

Moon
I was just logged out of Discord. When I tried to log back in I get a message telling me "This account has been disabled. Please check your email". Well, there's no email. All that I know is my account is disabled with no way to get it back. I'm posting here about it because I wonder if it's to do with my using it for BM role-playing and if there's some sort of automatic system in place which is scanning our RPs. To be clear, there's nothing illegal going on in my Discord. Nor am I sharing any media in it other than a couple of (entirely legal) face claims someone has sent me. I've only had the account for about a week - I created it to RP.

Is this something anyone else knows about? Anyone aware of if Discord have content policies that I might have infracted upon? I figure if this is a thing, then the people of BM would be the best place to ask.

EDIT: Someone asked me to create a server for an RP. I didn't flag it as NSFW or adult or whatever they had. There was only myself and the person who asked me to create it in there, but some adult discussion took place. Could that be it? I can't seem to get anywhere with Discord and searching for answers online is making it sound like I've lost my account for good.

There is nothing that Blue Moon allows that would get you dinged with an account disable from Discord.

It's possible you broke some ToS that you weren't even aware of that got reported somewhere else and got your account dinged. I would take a look through them and make sure you didn't do something to upset the discord gods.

I know the status E-mail for accounts shutting down used to be abuse@discordapp.com and may well still be, but I would check to make sure that's the case.

The long and short of it is that no, if you're following the rules of Blue Moon nothing would get you dinged with an account closure. You may have done something elsewhere that violated the ToS or your account may have been disabled through false reports or for some other reason. If anything involving Blue Moon got you pinged with discord we wouldn't have such a strong presence there.

That's as much as anyone here will be able to help, you'll have to speak with Discord specifically to find out the issues.

Thanks. I've emailed them but having read posts from others now on other forums, I'm not optimistic I'll get it back. I don't think I've broken any BM guidelines on there. Characters were of age and that's the only thing I can think of. And I can't imagine any of the people I'd been discussing RPs with would report a problem as they've mostly been the ones to ask me to play it.

Appreciate the reply. I know it's not a BM issue, it's just an issue that other BM users might have come across if it's some kind of adult content issue, I figure.

So I got a reply and I have to say they were pretty prompt and friendly. They said I accidentally "got caught in their spam filter". I don't know the details but everything is back to normal. So good one, Discord!

Back
Top Bottom