Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Small RP habits you’re guilty of doing

WaveVelour

Star
Hey~ So, this is about self-criticism, evaluating and admitting some of the small tendencies you often perform. RP related practices you regularly find yourself doing =) Only for fun though. Little things that would make your partners say; ‘Mhmm, oh yeah, he/she does that~” Not necessarily faulty stuff, but mostly innocent quirks you add into an RP or even OOC chatter.

Like; adding filler so that the paragraphs have similar length, inverting sentences so that it doesn’t start with a noun/pronoun, not starting a new paragraph when you really should, picking the same name for your characters in different RPs, sometimes doing IC rants in your posts instead of reaching out to your partner OOC, overuse of that little wave/tilde character~, judging people for starting a paragraph with the name of their character, being picky about face claims, not sending an OOC reply until you’re finished with your RP post, writing sounds in dialogues etc.

Yeah, things like that =) Do you have any?

I have a nasty habit of being either TOO detailed and making an A4 response to a quick firing roleplay or I'm trying too hard to to cut all that stuff out and end up failing to progress the RP I'm supposed to continue the events of 😂😂

I’m awful at fight scenes. I can’t write a fight to save my life some times, as I’m too scared to god mod so I always write really bad “oh boy if you don’t dodge this will hurt!” Crap.
I find the best way to deal with fight scenes is to keep most of the events themselves quick I.E "Matt pull his leg back into a heavy swipe at John's legs~" then use the extra time to detail the reasoning or showing an opening for your RP partners I.E "~he knew he needed to end this quickly, but if he missed or was blocked he could continue his rotation and kick again with his other leg, he would have to hope John was unprepared"
This might not help, but give it try once or twice; you never know 🤷‍♂️

I use waaaaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many m-dashes and semi-colons and end up having run-on sentences like crazy. They're mainly grammatically correct, but they sure are long-winded.

I just saw this and related too heavily too it.

emdash.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom