Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can I send myself a private message?

Mathim

Star
I'm at the point where I need to start making an index of people I've messaged, how long until I get replies, what the result of the discussion was, and such, but I don't want it to be anywhere that others on the forum can see it just so I'm not publicly shaming anyone who ghosts me or anything like that. Is there a way to make either a thread or PM that only I can see and edit?

I don't think you can! But let me offer an alternative?

A lot of people keep that information in journals and stuff, there's a whole section dedicated to it! Here is a link. It's a great way to jot down and keep notes.

Hope I helped!

Before I click, is it something private or will other users be able to view it? I don't want to have anyone seeing who ghosts me or is otherwise a bad communicator.

Before I click, is it something private or will other users be able to view it? I don't want to have anyone seeing who ghosts me or is otherwise a bad communicator.
Ahh, yes, in that case I would no longer recommend that. It is not private, I'm sorry but I'll let you know if I come up with an alternative solution.

I know Elliquiy had that feature, I loved having my own PM index for character profiles and such.

Hypothetically, you could create a secondary account and use it as a mule for PMs. Most folks around here just use stuff like google docs though.

Well if I could bypass the waiting period for full access on a second account, maybe.

Yeah, I suppose. It's just going to be a pain having to log in and out of one and the other to make it work since I can't edit the messages in it after a certain amount of time and will have to start a new thread to keep it from getting too voluminous.

You should be able to send yourself a message. Just enter your name into the field and go.

Oh, I didn't think of that. I tried scrolling over my name in my profile and it didn't offer the same Start Conversation link it does when I scroll over others' profiles.

The thing about adding that is it becomes a bit redundant after the first one?

I can add it though, of course. Maybe give it a more specific term. >_>

It's fine, I can figure it out. I just need to be able to repeatedly send myself brand new ones so it all stays at the top, otherwise I will have a harder time keeping track of which one is which when I need to update things.

Back
Top Bottom