Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Collapse of the Coalition of Worlds (Extremeophile x Wretched)

Extremeophile

It had been days since the Centauri fleet had failed to report back, and thus far there was no sign of them. It would take weeks to get to their last known position in space to start scanning for them, and everyone in central command was uneasy. A fleet doesn't just disappear without so much as a warning signal or SOS. They would have reported if they had seen some enemy ships or even some dangerous anomaly. But instead all there had been was a missing daily report, followed by another, for the last 5 days. Whatever happened it could not have destroyed 5 galactic class battleships... Could it?

Suddenly a man burst into the central command offices, holding a report tightly in his hand. "Commander!" The male shouts, running up to his position. "This report, it doesn't make any sense. It appears that our off planet sensors have picked up something heading for our planet!" He handed the readout over, but he was correct, it definitely made no sense. A non-metalic object seemed to be approaching the planet at a speed no known ship should have been able to match. In addition, it seemed to be unrealistically small, only 5 feet at it's longest dimension. It had to be some kind of fluke, a bug in the system, but after losing an entire fleet to an unknown entity, it wasn't prudent not to do SOMETHING about it.

The ships course diverts to chase down the strange unknown object, but even as the ship converts into warp drive and continues to climb in speed the object continues to move more quickly than what should have been the fastest ship in the fleet. "General, we can't give it any more power, we'll blow out the engines and possibly destroy the ship." Says the head engineer. Another voice from scanners pipes up. "it's slowing, no, it's stopped? How!?" The man behind the console shouts in confused anxiety. Checking his dials to confirm his readouts were correct. What could possibly be going faster than a deluxe cruiser in open space... Then stop on a dime at a moment's notice? Instant deceleration should mean immediate destruction. "General, were approaching." Says the head navigator, dropping out of warp speed and switching to impulse engines.

Now the ship was in range to use it's light scanners to actually see what this strange object was, and what now showed on screen seemed impossible. A single humanoid like creature floating in the empty vaccum of space. It seemed to be about 5 feet tall, covered in pink fur, with two long ears sprouting from the top of its head. As it turned around, it seemed to have features similar to that of a rabbit, completely naked, and somehow staring at the ships sensors with cold dead eyes. By all appearances, the being should have looked adorable, but somehow the eyes being the way they were, sparkling like emeralds and showing an expression of disdain and rage as they did, served to be incredibly off-putting.

"It's approaching." Says one of the science officers. Putting shields to maximum as the creature floated towards the ship at a lazy pace. Now the whole bridge seemed to be panicking. "It appears to be a life form, it has internal organs, but how is it floating in space?" Says one in a panicked tone. "It should be frozen, depressurized, it makes no sense!" He shouts hurriedly at the general. "What kind of monster is it?" Says another in a hollow, weak, and terrified tone, staring at the monitor. "What shall we do general? Give the orders." Says the second in command, looking at the general with a confident gleam in his eye. He trusted that the man he had served for so long would know what to do next.

"Yes general, right away." The lieutenant says firmly with a nod running off to scramble a small contingency of 6 fighters to position themselves between the mothership and the strange creature floating in space. Each ship was a marvel of modern science, 30 feet long and 10 feet tall, with multiple outboard engines and mounted industrial phasers. The ships blasted off with incredible speed and acceleration, forming an array just as they had been trained to do.

The creature seemed to stop it's slow approach towards the large ship, staring at the smaller ships that approached him with mild look of annoyance and disdain. This was why he had come here. They had to be taught. He lifts his paw casually, before the command center erupted with alarms and reports from the fighters. Simultaneously they had all lost access to their thrusters, unable to move.

The next scene was one of pure horror. The ships started to move closer to eachother as the paw of the rabbit slowly started to close. The pressure of the ships pressing together caused them to fold and collapse like empty cans of soda. Screams from the comms filled the command center, and then the signals from the ships disappeared one by one. In the span of 2 minutes, the rabbit had turned the entire squadron in a 2 inch cube of compressed matter.

The rabbit seemed to look ever so slightly, subtly, angrier, as if the whole thing had offended him. He stopped moving, staring at the ship without an ounce of fear in his eyes as if challenging whomever was on it to dare attempt to oppose him a second time.

The ships cannons start to glow, warming up for what would be an onslaught of firepower. The being floating in space could easily have ripped the cannons from their places on the large opulent command ship, but it would undercut the message he was trying to convey. That the pathetic resistance of such a remedial species was laughable to an entity such as himself. He does not move, not an inch, waiting for the ship to fire it's first attack on him.

Inside the weapons bays, batteries were being fired up, and proton missiles were being loaded into their launch Chambers. Each one would have the same devistating impact of a nuclear bomb, capable of destroying cities, lettlone other ships. All of them levied at the inexplicable presence in the cold depth of space. All lasers and cannons focused on the feint heat signature coming from the mysterious being before the head of weapons command gave the order. "Fire all weapons." He commands, as a barrage of incredible power focused on such a small looking target.

The rabbit floating in space meant to toy with them, humiliate them. He didn't want to destroy the ship, as he could sense that there were those aboard with true power and authority. Instead his aim was to show them, convince them, that their attempts to deal with him by force were a futile impossibility. The first laser fired at him the rabbit bent, curving it in a tight spiral around himself before letting it fly loose into the depths of space. The proton missiles hit against him, exploding into a massive fireball of death which lit up the commanders window. For a brief few moments the assault seemed victorious, until the fireball cleared leaving the mysterious being without a scratch. He had been hit with over 10 payloads, and he hadn't even been moved out of place. Here, to the horror of all aboard, the rabbit gave a small smirk of self amusement, smiling for the first time since he had been encountered.

From here the rabbit floated forward unopposed, even the weapons officer sat in stunned silence, moving towards the ship in the same slow and lazy line. When the alarm sounded for a complete drop in shield integrity, not a soul moved to adjust or increase power. A sense of futility had invaded the whole command structure. A loud crunching noise came from the airlock of the ship, as the rabbit tore his way inside to speak to whomever might be aboard the oversized vessel.

Screams erupted from the sealed off quadrant, banging on the large steel doors as the crew members attempted to escape what was coming for them. The creature who made it's way inside didn't seem to slaughter everyone inside, but rather to talk to them one by one, slaughtering those men who did not give him what he wanted. While it would not hold for long, it did buy some time for the general to plan his next move before the creature managed to reach the bridge.

It only took 3 horrific deaths before the rabbit was able to find a coward to grovel at his feet and to give him what he wanted. The doors between his position and the bridge were crumpled like sheets of paper and left balled up in the hallways behind him. He didn't seem to walk, instead floating a few inches from the floor and hovering instead. Meekly, a low level engineer would point in a direction, and the rabbit would lead him down it, having explained that if he had found he was being mislead that he would tear the skin from the man, just like he had done with the other three crewmembers before him.

Soon the rabbit had reached his final destination, floating a foot off of the floor. This was where he had desired to be. A lavish ship command center, even more lavish than those cowering pathetic creatures had invaded his space with. The smell of him was horrific and stomach turning, smelling of stale sweat and waste to such a degree that it was very difficult not to vomit onto the floor in front of the creature. He looks directly at the general, a figure with authority, exactly what he had been looking for.

"Who are you to be so decorated as you are?" He says in a warbling and uneven tone. His eyes looked full of wrath towards the commander, his breathing slow and deep, his pupils like pin pricks against his glowing green eyes. "Your species has invaded my sector of space, and it has made the poor judgement of firing upon me. I had given them a chance to swear allegiance to me and to pay me the respect that I was due and they scoffed, firing their weapons at me just as you have done here. It is now clear to me that your species has been infected by arrogance and must now be cured of it's disease." He says sternly. "You will submit to my will, or I will slowly and painfully destroy all every living creature on your planet, and any creatures in your interplanetary alliance foolish enough to resist me."

"You are not in a position to bargain biped." The creature snapped with some annoyance. It had come to expect respect and complete undying complicity due to its long history. "You do not understand your position in the world and your arrogance offends me. You believe yourselves to be at the top of your food chain, that you are the masters of your destiny. You, all of you, combined, are a spec in the known cosmos, a blip, a spec of dust which is possibly of some mild interest, but you believe yourselves to be the axis around which all worlds turn. You must be made to understand your place in our shared world." The creature says, stating things in an incredibly long winded way. He was just making his first introductory speeches.

"Let ME explain what happened to the rest of your incredibly pathetic bipeds on the edge of space. Your comrades entered my space without permission. I appeared to let them know they must turn around and leave, and yet they insisted that no single entity had as much right to claim as much space as I did, and that I had no hope of enforcing a protection of so much space. I gave them warning not to proceed any further or to face the judgement of their race, and they laughed at me." The rabbit grins, walking up to the commander. The small pink furred rabbit barely came to the commanders chest. "Do you still think this joke is funny? I don't think I've really started to tell it." He says looking up into the beings eyes with cold dead arrogance. "Comply, now, or the servitude of your remote biped species will be extended for several additional centuries. Continue to show arrogance to me and I will enslave your planets until they become semi-sentiant hunks of meat, evolved for servitude and harvesting rather than for thinking and exploring. Show me that your place in the universe is one of sentience and not one of servitude, or I will build your world over for the latter." With that the rabbit was finished, he would offer the general another chance, and if not the sentence would merely increase, and more people would be brought to slaughter before him.

Back
Top Bottom