Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A sheathed blade. (Journal/A&A, comments welcome)

Revelations

He'll smite you with metaphor fists!
Staff member
Administrator
So, a few people on this site have journals and apologies/absence topics, and since I am a member of this site, I figure - why not. I could use the latter at least, especially at the creation of this topic.

In short, this is just a journal where I will ramble and discuss whatever's on my mind, and also explain any reasoning for absences and my apologies for such. As an Admin, I take the site and its livelihood quite seriously - lately i've been doing more admin work than I have been writing, and for a bit I was unsure why.

The answer to me right now is a little more obvious. I'm in a writing funk at the moment. Until recently i've been bumping my thread hoping discussion of a new plot would spark some creativity in me, but it really hasn't! I'm going through some changes in my life at the moment, and I think it's just negatively affecting my ability to roleplay/write right now. To my current RP partners, (Who I will PM this topic to just in case), I must apologize for frankly being a terrible RP partner right now. I don't intend to come across as if I am ghosting or avoiding, but I guess the issue is that writing a good post right now is being a huge issue for me, and I would rather not half ass a post to partners.

This hasn't just been writing, it's been other hobbies too, gaming or reading and such haven't been as exciting. Maybe it's a seasonal thing because until lately i was pretty fired up about writing and came across a few amazing partners who really know how to write, and they hopefully know who they are. Right now, i'm trying to work on replies for all my partners, so please bear with me, and I will deliver to the fullest extent of my capabilities. However, if it's been too long since we've last talked or RP'd, I do understand. Writing is a thing that should be a constant to stay in the story and the themes, and having to pause, catch up, and resume can be a hassle not everyone is willing to do, and that's totally okay!

As ever, the site however remains important to me, so I have been online more oft than not doing my rounds and making sure it's the most positive place it can be for every user!

Slowly putting out some replies, now that i've sort of discussed this to myself in this topic. Writer's block is the honest to goodness worst, but - moving past it is somewhat satisfying. The damage might already be done to a few writing partners but in the end, that's not something that can always be avoided. I hate the sensation of ghosting others nowadays though, and I can only hope they understand! I also hope everyone had a good weekend.

Thankfully most of those i've messaged in regards to my issues have been more than understanding. They're all amazing writers in their own right, I haven't messaged all my partner this thread yet due to not wishing to overwhelm them but I intend to message the last few later today.

I will probably attempt a bumping of my own request thread too, though I do feel it's sorely in need of a total replacement, it's been ages since i've really taken a serious look at it.

Okay, as of last night, i'm finally over this writing funk I think. Hopefully in the future, it won't happen so readily and for such a long stretch of time. To the partners that have stayed with me, you're all amazing and some of the best partners anyone could ask for! I'm not calling this a comeback yet but I do think this thread has been great for at least getting things off my chest, haha.

Got a few partners waiting on posts from me but i'll reply to them later tonight!

Haha, when it rains it pours. I got sick last week, briefly recovered, and got sick again. Stupid recurring colds. Going to try and do replies tonight after work, it's been really hectic the last week or so.

Back
Top Bottom