Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Piece of Your Heart (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

PoisonousIvee

Cluster
He had known her since she was young. Hell, since she was born, practically. Her home was on the outskirts of town, nestled just beside the thick forest he called his home. He was a fox spirit, old and wise with nine striking tails, and kept the forest safe from those who would destroy it. Her home was more than enough and there didn't need to be any more people who lived out this far.

When he first saw her, she was newly born and coming home, and he knew right away she was a pure soul. Nothing in this world would ever taint her; no terrible choice or person would rub off on her. She had a good heart, he could see it. Kaya, he heard her parents call her. Kaya. What a lovely name. Fitting. He watched over her as she grew older, keeping her safe in the large forest she loved to explore. He cared for her, wanted to protect her from all harm. He never let her stray far, and always guided her back home when it was too dark to see.

As a teen, she sprouted into a beautiful young woman, and he only felt his affection blossom further for her. Her hair was long and silken and the color of the setting sun, her skin porcelain and flawless. And her eyes. Oh, he could get lost in them for hours; her eyes were as green as the forest he lived in and they enchanted him. His heart ached for her every day, every minute he saw her, he wanted nothing more than to hold her and love her. He settled for watching over her, she was still so young after all.

She brought home a boy once and he felt his heart break. That could be him, holding her and making her laugh. Kissing her and whispering "I love you". Oh, how his heart ached. But these boys, each one of them hurt her in the end. Betrayals and lies and crying. Always did she cry. Why couldn't they appreciate her and love her for who she was? For the beautiful woman he knew her as? He wouldn't stand for it anymore. He would put an end to it.

Kaya was now 25 years old, working a boring job with big money and doing her best in life. She had moved out of her home recently and was out doing some shopping. Her emotionally unavailable boyfriend wasn't answering her texts and she all but gave up on reaching out to him for some quality time together. Why did she always attract the guys who were never there for her?

She sighed softly. It was always like this. She cursed her taste, and laughed a bit at it. "God I'm a sucker for the same type.." she said.

That's when she collided with someone and they both stumbled and grunted in surprise. "Oh, gosh, I'm sorry, I wasn't looking!" It was a man's voice, and when she looked up to apologize, it was almost like she was stricken. He was handsome, to say the least; his eyes were hazel colored - almost gold even - with layered char colored hair with a gentle gold ombre fade at the ends of his long hair. "Are you ok?"

She made a noise. Oh, shit not another one. "No no it's fine, I'm sorry I wasn't looking either..! I uh.. yeah I'm fine, are you okay?" She asked.

He nodded, smiling softly, "Yeah, I'm a total klutz sometimes. I'm glad I didn't knock you down."

"My name is Cayde...maybe I can take you out to a coffee sometime to properly apologize for crashing into you?" He offered.

Oh, he knew that already. But he gave a soft smile and offered his phone number, "I'll keep in touch, ok? I'm sorry again.."

"Well, either way, we'll plan for that coffee. Take care, Kaya, it was nice meeting you...!" He said.

After a couple days, he did get back to her. He seemed a little aloof, he didn't care where they got coffee or how expensive it was, he just wanted to take her out. It was way better than her current boyfriend.

She hadn't even heard from him in well, now about two weeks. She texted him, letting him know where and when to meet her for coffee.

Cayde kept up the aloof attitude but really he was thrilled. He was finally able to be with her. He could hardly contain himself.

He shook his head, "It's no trouble. I wouldn't miss out on taking a cute girl for coffee." He replied.

"Unfortunate.." He said. He didn't do a lot in terms of fun, either, except chase the rabbits and bugs in his forest. What did the boys she dated like? Music? That odd board with wheels? What was it called?? A skate board? How odd.

Back
Top Bottom