Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In search of an MMO.

BlisteredBlood

The Crucified Angel
That's right, my fellow Blue Mooners. I, as your esteemed moderator have seem to come across a bit of a problem when I'm not posting in my RP's with people and doing something else to entertain my mind for a while.

So apparently, I've taken up a few MMOs. Of these include Wonderland Online (snicker and I shall disembowel you with a wooden cooking spoon) and City of Heroes/Villians (up until April 8th, due to the trial period). Both of which keep me pretty much entertained, but lately, I've been finding myself needing something else.

So now, I turn to you, my fellow BMers. What's out on the market for me that's cheap to pay for in the long run (or free) had has the kind of graphics that would make my jaw drop?

I personally greatly enjoyed Age of Conan and Tabula Rasa.
I hear the LOTR MMO is decent.
then of course there's WoW, FFXI.

Oh, and Guild Wars, which is just the initial cost of purchasing the game.

if you want free MMOs I would suggest:
Gunz
Ragnarok Online
Silk Road Online
Maplestory [yes, I play it occasionally, I find it to be enjoyably cute.]
and a few others I suddenly forget.

Fly for Fun isn't too bad actually.
Fiesta is a bit laggy but aside from that it's decent.

I heard Warhammer AoR is just a WoW clone with a different art style. Just what I've heard.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.warhammeronline.com">www.warhammeronline.com</a><!-- w -->

instead of spreading rumors lets take a few minutes and do a bit of research mm?

DJBayview said:
I personally greatly enjoyed Age of Conan and Tabula Rasa.
I hear the LOTR MMO is decent.
then of course there's WoW, FFXI.

Oh, and Guild Wars, which is just the initial cost of purchasing the game.

if you want free MMOs I would suggest:
Gunz
Ragnarok Online
Silk Road Online
Maplestory [yes, I play it occasionally, I find it to be enjoyably cute.]
and a few others I suddenly forget.

Fly for Fun isn't too bad actually.
Fiesta is a bit laggy but aside from that it's decent.
Well Tabula Rasa is dead, so there's no point in suggesting that. And I do mean dead dead. They're officially shutting down their servers.

Guild Wars is fantastic though.

But as for a wonderful MMO I'd suggest City of Heroes/villain.

Or wait until Star Wars: Old Republic or DCU Online or Champions Online comes out.

Or Aion for that matter.

awh bummer. mind you it's been a couple years since I've played TR last.

City of Heroes/Villains is awesome, but she already listed that in the 1st post.

-drools- Star Wars: Old Republic....
I hope I have spending money when it comes out.
I haven't looked into DCU Online or Champions Online.

or Aion for that matter. =/
I must be falling behind.

Aion is mostly just pretty.

DCU Online promises to be amazing though. The game is written by Geof Johns and the character designs are done by Jim Lee.

With a team that powerful I almost can't imagine how good it's going to be.

COH/COV: As I said, I'm currently playing that, but up until the 8th of April.
Ragnarok Online: Heard about it, need more info.
WarHammer Online: Same.
FlyFF: Heard about it, didn't think of it much, though.
GunZ: Looked at it, doesn't appear to be all that good, but I'll give it a shot.
Maplestory: Heard about it everywhere, never looked into it.
Fiesta: Never heard of it.
Star Wars KoTOR: Heard about it, though it was definitely worth checking out when I get the chance.
DCU Online: Need more info.
Champions Online: As in Champions of Norrath?
Aion: Aion what? Come on! I need info!

Most things I can't accurately describe and make them sound as good as the images and publicity does.

So I recommend the Google.

I have to say 2Moons. pretty good graphics, and it's free, just have to download it. And sigh up for acclaim games.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.acclaim.com/index.html">http://www.acclaim.com/index.html</a><!-- m -->

start from there and go to games - 2Moons after signing up.

If you do join, i'm under the Abaddon server, usually on boneweaver. character has the same name as this.

I would recommend Flyff and Trickster Online. Those are the two games I've been hooked on for years. Both are free to play, but Trickster Online is a lot nicer to its users. The have the whole cash shop thing, items you have to pay for with $$, but various events award you some of the better cash items.

I would really recommend Trickster because it's easy to level, depending on the class- really easy to get money, and something you can play by yourself or in a party. Graphics aren't great, but it's pretty fun for me :D

Hrm... MMO's that I've played, tested or even been in Alpha, Beta or free releases for:

The Realm (Retired)
Miridian 59 (Retired)
Ultima Online (Retired)
EverQuest (Retired)
Lineage II (Retired)
EverQuest II (Lucan D'Lere Server)
World of Warcraft (Icecrown Server *Alliance*)
Final Fantasy XI (Retired)
Eve
Anarchy Online (Retired)
FLYFF
Maple Story
Perfect World
Rappelz
Age of Conan (Cancelled subscription)
Hellgate: London (Gone)

There are a plethora of other free and pay MMO's that I have either tried, looked at or tested and couldn't really get into, The ones that I am currently playing on a fairly regular basis are EverQuest II and World of Warcraft (mainly because I am playing with people in both games that I have known for 10 years or more).

I actually prefer EverQuest II, but wish that more people would play it. If you are interested in playing it, let me know and I'll email you the information so that I can get some credit if you decide you like it. One other thing is that the guild I am in there is a heavy evil role-playing guild, we don't appreciate drama and our guild is small, so if anyone is interested in a good role-playing guild in EQ2, check out the Lucan D'Lere server and the guild Blood of Hate.

My email address is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:loviotor@hotmail.com">loviotor@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> and my character in EQ2 on that server is Loviotor (level 73 Inquisitor)

I just started playing a MMO called The Chronicles of Spellborn, it's pretty good and has really good graphics.
It's still in Beta, and it's free... for now at least, I didn't really read much about it.
>_< Just got bored and downloaded it....
It seems good enough so far... I've managed to play for half an hour earlier then had to go out.
But it's good for a free game. :p

Ah, another one just came to mind. It's called Granado Espada. It's kinda like Everquest except you get to play as a party of three people at once. I didn't really take to it well, but if this kinda thing interests you, then by all means. Check it out.

Back
Top Bottom