Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kings and Gods 2.0 (Myself& Greeneyed23)

Phoenix Rising

Supernova
Jefferson Stone stood in the middle of central performing for the children, their parents. He did the usual tricks. But Jefferson was a real magician, could do far more then he was letting the general public see. It was getting late, he had another engagement. Packing up his stuff he bowed to his audience, spoke very clearly. “ That’s it for tonight come back tomorrow afternoon, maybe I’ll have something new for you!” After his statement he started to leave the park. He had managed to shrink his briefcase so it fig into his jacket pocket, wasn’t exactly watching where he was going. Jefferson was in a bit of a hurry, nearly lost his balance when he bumped into the most beautiful woman he’d ever see in his life. He rubbed his eyes thinking that maybe he’d made it home, was dreaming but when he felt the brick of a building behind him he sighed.

The council of the Gods rarely met in full anymore.

In the two millenia since their primacy they had faced many incursions.

And much of every faith had changed.

Polytheism was dying out despite the attempts of both the faithful and the deities.

So much so that the 'lesser' faiths had all combined councils.

It was something of a nightmare just to invite everyone as there were so many.

Getting them together was utter madness.

But it hardly mattered. Humanity had discovered so much and was always digging. Ever getting closer and closer to finding a way to chip that spark of the divine.

Thus was in 2020 was to be the greatest summit of divine and infernal powers ever.

The Titans, the Gods of every polytheistic church, and the singular Gods of half a dozen others and their immense armies, not to mention the various evil powers were all gathering in Antarctica, in Janurary when the meeting was not until the middle of June.

And the political gamesmanship had already begun.

Every demi god and other lesser power was being identified, to count amongst their various ancestors numbers.

And the other children of power were being identified as well.

And marked by some for elimination.

Hera was absolutely furious at her husband's continued infidelity. Still.

He had dozens of children.

But so did all the dieties, including herself. But she was always good at ignoring that which damaged her point.

She agreed with many that all the children of power should die.

She cared little if they went to Hades, Hell, or any of the various other afterlifes. She just wanted them gone.

Athena, ever the strategist knew that at this rate war inevitable. And summoned a nymph.

She spoke in private to this tiny beauty, then vanished her from the halls of the Divine conference building.

It was certain to prove interesting.

~

The flash of light startled even the apathetic New Yorkers enough to make them look. But little more.

A beautiful young woman,
340px-Elven_Nymph.jpg

Tiador, walked onto the streets of the city, having no idea where she was. But ready to do her best.

Then she bumped into a mortal and squeaked in fright. "My pardon good sir!"

“ No need to be sorry My lady. I wasn’t watching where I was going. I‘m Jefferson Stone, you are!?” He asked as he pulled himself off the brick wall, looked her up and down. She was definitely beautiful that was for sure, he felt a bit uneasy seeing that he had startled her. “ Are you hurt? I’m such an idiot sometimes. “ The dark haired man asked stating that he clearly watching where he was going, he felt obligated to take her back to his place for some tea or something. He still thought he was dreaming because her words echoed in his head as he continued to stand in her presence ignoring all the people that walked by them, he rubbe the back of his neck then spoke again. “ Perhaps I could interest you in some tea. I hear it’s good for the soul.”

Last edited:
She shied away. "I..."
She shook herself. "I...wha...what is tea?"
She studied him, clearly frightened of him.

“ No need to be afraid. I’m not going to hurt you can trust me. Tea is a drink that calms the nerves. “ Jefferson said with a soft light tone to his voice, he hoped she would trust him. The streets of new york City weren’t the place she wanted to be especially as it got dark, he’d do what he had to to protect her even though he barely knew her. He just had a feeling she had a particular reason for being in the middle of the New York streets.

She slowly nodded. "Alright...i will have Tea with you."

She studied him closely, her eyes uncertain.

But also knowing she had to start somewhere. And this human had reached out.

Back
Top Bottom