Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

"You promised you would never leave..." (Pand0ra and Sylvis)

Sylvis Moonwreath

Once upon a midnight dreary...
“Bella!”

“BELLA!”

She jerked her head up as the sound of Charlie's shouting finally broke through the haze of dreariness about her. “What?” She asked Charlie quietly. Dark brown eyes glanced around the living room doing a quick inventory. Floor cleaned; couch arranged properly. Everything was at is should be. She looks at Charlie quizzically, unable to determine why he was shouting at her.

“I’ve been talking to you for the last five minutes, have you heard a thing I’ve said?” He asks with a sigh of frustration. Bella had been under a cloud of depression ever since the day the Cullens left. He had hoped that after a month or so she would get over the odd boy and move on with her life, but his daughter was a lifeless husk. Sure, she worked, she ate, slept, breathed, and talked. But that spark of life, that… will to live, was simply absent.

“Sorry Charlie, did I forget to do the dishes?” She asks with concern. Bella had been on her best behavior for a while now, she couldn’t imagine why he was yelling at her.

“No…” He responds with a sigh. “When are you going to go out with your friends? All you’ve been doing for months is droning around. Maybe I should send you back to Renee…” That woman could brighten anyone’s day. This thought sparked a pang of pain within him as he thinks back on when they were young and in love. Shaking his head, he looks back up towards Bella, taking in the lifeless pale skin, the darkness under her eyes that marked long sleepless nights, and the book in her hands that she had been staring at for the last thirty minutes.

Bella frowned, tilting her head, which caused her dark brown locks to shift before saying.
“Mom and Phil aren’t even in Phoenix right now. I would just be living in an empty house.” Breathing out a long breath, she asks. “Did I do something wrong? I’ve been getting good grades... going to work, staying out of trouble…” She closes the Calculus book she had been reading, visibly giving Charlie her full, undivided, attention.

Charlie shifted uncomfortably in the recliner across from her.
“No, you haven’t done anything wrong, but, when are you going to get over that boy? You’ve been moping around for months. You haven’t gone out with friends, or brought anyone over in all that time, the only times you leave the house are when you go to work or school. Staying inside all the time isn’t healthy.” He had more he wanted to say, but for now, that would have to do.

“So, the problem is I don’t have a social life?” She states with a flat tone. Unbelievable, she had been doing everything right, and now he was going to get on her case because she wasn’t wasting time on frivolous things? “Fine Charlie, I’ll… I don’t know, go to the next party on the beach, is that ok with you?” She tossed that out there because honestly, she couldn’t think of anyone she wanted to hang out with off the top of her head. At least if she went to a beach party, she could just hide in the shadows thrown by a flickering fire and work on homework without Charlie getting any more annoyed.

Sighing, he says.
“That will do, for now, but you need to remember, you have friends you know.” He looks outside, then down at his watch and starts to stand. “It’s getting late, I have work in the morning. Try to get some sleep Bella.” With those parting words, he started to make the way up the stairs.

Once Charlie’s door shut, Bella sighed, standing from the rather warm seat she had been sitting in, crossing to the light switch by the door, she turned off the lights before going up stairs to her own room. It was going to be a long night. Every time she fell asleep, she would dream about that party that had ended it all. About the boy she loved. Even many months later, she still remembered the feel of his icy cold, marble smooth lips on hers.

Last edited:
"Ah, young love," Victoria sighed wistfully as she trailed her fingertips over one of the three framed photographs above the fireplace. Each photo showed the same couple - two smiling, happy young people. Newlyweds. "It's so nice while it lasts, isn't it? But then the years pass and he starts to get restless and reckless and soon you'll find yourself wondering what you ever saw in him in the first place," her tone turned bitter as she stared at the young man in the photograph. Blonde, like James had been.

"Could be his persistence. The way he hunted you, chased you for years and years, never giving up. There's something to be admired about that. That's what drew you in - his persistence. But his cruelty, the beautiful, intoxicating way he could turn even the most basic hunt into a game of terror and pain - that's why you stayed." Behind her, she heard a whimper, followed by a muffled sob. She didn't turn around and instead made her way around the room, trailing her fingers lightly across the furniture and decorations. It was all very 21st century. Very modern and banal. Victoria's lip curled in distaste.

"But of course, there's always something new and exciting out there. A new revolution, a new war, a new girl with a mouthwatering scent that drives him to the point of obsession." Nearly black eyes rolled in resigned annoyance. "I mean, it was fun the first time around. She only had one vampire protecting her. An easy kill. But seven? What in God's name was he thinking?" she asked her own reflection as she came upon it in the long, thin mirror against the wall. The inhumanly beautiful redhead in the glass stared back at her with the same look of anger and incredulity on her perfect features.

That look was quick to fade though as Victoria paused for a moment to admire her own beauty and reached up to brush a stray curl away from her eyes. "Men," she muttered. "Even after four centuries, I still don't understand them. When they're not thinking with their cocks, they're thinking with their bloody noses. Who needs common sense when you've got supernatural strength and beauty, right? Wrong!" she shouted, the glass of the mirror cracking beneath the tip of her index finger. There was a muffled, startled yelp from behind her, then more sobs.

Victoria took a breath and continued in a calmer tone. "That is the type of reckless thinking that can get you killed." Turning away from the mirror, she sauntered over to the couch where two people were seated next to each other. These were the same two people from the picture frames above the fireplace. A man and a woman in their mid-twenties, both rather average looking by human standards. Both had their arms and legs broken in various places so that they couldn't get far even if they were brave enough to attempt an escape. Both were gagged with bundled up items of clothing to muffle their screams and sobs.

"I warned him," Victoria told her captive audience. "I begged him," she hissed, speeding closer to the man, enjoying the way he flinched at her sudden close proximity. There was nothing more intoxicating than the look and smell of fear on a human. "But he didn't listen, did he? He never did. And now he's dead." Pouting, she reached out to brush the damp blonde hair from the young man's clammy forehead. "All because of her - an insignificant human girl. I have to wonder, what is it about her that would make a coven of vampires kill one of their own kind just to protect her?" she muttered thoughtfully, searching terrified blue eyes as if she truly expected to find the answer there. She didn't.

Disappointed, Victoria sighed and straddled the young man's lap, taking great pleasure in the muffled gasps and grunts of pain brought about by the movement. "I bet you're wondering what any of this has got to do with you, aren't you, Pete? You've never even met Isabella Swan. Don't worry, you're not missing much," she assured as she caught one of the tears rolling down his cheek with the back of her finger.

"I have to kill her, you see. I have to avenge my mate. Even though he was a fucking idiot, still loved him, and he's dead because of her. So, I have to kill her, to make them pay for what they did, to make her pay for the role she played in it. But I can't make it too quick, you know? Where's the fun in that?" Victoria grinned, an excited gleam in her eyes. "No, it needs to be slow and painful and beautiful," she added with a whisper, framing his face gently with her hands. "I can't risk losing control and ending it too soon. So, I need to make sure I'm properly fed before we start. And that's where you come in, Pete. You see, you and Laura are the main course," she told him as she leaned in and brushed her lips against the side of his throat.

"Isabella Swan will be dessert."

A few hour later, when Victoria silently made her way into the Swan home through an unlocked window, she was freshly showered and dressed in a lacy purple dress, courtesy of Laura Hansen's closet. It would take days for anyone to notice that the Hansens were missing, weeks for their dismembered bodies to be found deep in the woods, and by then, the animals would have taken care of any evidence that could point to a vampire attack. Their deaths would forever remain a mystery.

There were two heartbeats in the house. Victoria knew that the girl lived with her father, who served as the Chief of police in Forks. It was amazing, how easy it was to get information out of humans, even before one started breaking bones. She had considered killing the father - Charlie Swan - before having her fun with his daughter, but ultimately decided that killing the Chief of police in such a small town would draw too much unnecessary attention. Perhaps once she was done with Isabella and ready to leave the area. But until then, he was nothing more than a mild annoyance.

Victoria had been suspicious and careful at first, when she heard that the Cullen coven had disappeared from the area. It seemed unlikely that they would leave their precious human pet behind. But after weeks of careful surveillance, she had determined that they were, in fact, gone. At least for the time being. The faded scents around the girl's bedroom confirmed that there hadn't been a vampire around to visit in at least a month. Victoria's powerful sixth sense told her that they wouldn't be back anytime soon - so she wasn't too worried about her little game being interrupted tonight.

Isabella appeared to be asleep. Judging by her rapid heartbeat, it wasn't a very peaceful slumber. Did she dream about James? Did Victoria herself ever feature in the girl's nightmares? She could only hope. Smiling at the thought, she closed the distance between them in the blink of an eye and hovered above the sleeping girl, careful not to touch her just yet. Victoria inhaled deeply and felt the familiar flames in her throat, slightly dampened thanks to the wonderful meal she'd had earlier. Some part of her even enjoyed the burn of the unquenchable thirst.

Satisfied with the knowledge that she'd be able to control herself, she placed a hand carefully over Isabella's mouth and lowered her hips, trapping the girl beneath her weight. "Wakey, wakey, little bird," she called in a sing-song voice. "Nap time's over. Tori wants to play."

Bella proceeded to get ready for bed, slipping off her jeans, the jacket and shirt she had worn all day. Grabbing a set of clothes and a towel, she headed for the bathroom. Turning on the water she finished getting undressed and stood under the steaming water as it beat against her bowed head, her neck and shoulders, as it slipped down around her flesh she felt the tears starting again. Heart in her throat, tears burning, she lightly hit her head against the wall. “Why did you leave…” She sighs to herself.

Standing there for a time, memories flashing, the time that damn fool boy thought he could trick her into not thanking Him for saving her… The first time he had carried her… Months and months of memories flashed through her, the pain was like a knife, every time. Even when James had stalked her, and when he tricked her, she still remembered the control it had taken for Him to pull the poisoned blood out of her body without draining her dry.

“If you had just turned me, it wouldn’t have been a problem any longer.” She muttered to the shade of the boy she loved. Finally, realizing that the formerly hot water pouring over her had now gotten distinctly cold, she pushed herself off the wall, swiping a hand across her tear stained eyes, she got out of the shower, proceeding to dry herself, and slide on her pajamas before dropping the dirty clothes into the clothes basket.

Walking softly into her room while carefully drying her hair, she looked towards the window. The one that He had snuck in time after time. With pain stabbing into her heart, she looked around, not really expecting Him… but she could always hope right? Nope, the boy she loved was no where to be seen. Same as he had been for weeks.

She still left that window unlocked in invitation, begging him to return in the only way she knew how. They had all gotten rid of their old phones, even Alice… She looked around and then said to the empty air.
“Please come back, Alice.” At least there was an even chance the psychic vampire could ‘hear’ her. Not that it would help. He wouldn’t come back just because she begged Alice to convince him. Stupid boy’s nobility had sentenced their relationship to the gallows.

Sighing morosely, she finally crawled into bed, curling up into a ball, she closes her eyes and starts to breath deeply, keeping her mind carefully blank, it was the only way she could get to sleep these days.
“Bella.” A smile creases her lips as she looks around the indistinct clearing. Ah, she recognized this one. This was the day He took her for a run in the woods. Turning on her side she was leaning in towards Edward when she realized… Those eyes weren’t a lovely golden hue, nor even the pitch black of hunger. No, this was the red of a hunter. Eyes widening as she takes in those blond locks, the slender hand caressing her cheek.

“Hello again Bella…” James stated with that cruel smile. Bella screamed and bolted to her feet, attempting to run away. Strangely, he let her go. As she was running, the forest clearing lead to a room all on it’s lonesome, mirrors on all four walls, a wooden lacquered floor… four pillars, and in the middle of one wall, a familiar voice called out.

“Bella, Bella no, come back.” It was her mother’s voice; this was how he had drawn her in last time. Tears streaming down her face she turns, realizing in that moment that... somehow this dream space had her in the middle of a now infinite dance studio. The sound of nails on a chalk board came to her ears, as her stalker walked along the nearest wall of mirrors, drawing a screeching line through each priceless glass panel.

“You know, it’s not half so fun without your protector around to swoop in to the rescue.” James stated while eyeing the doe eyed human paralyzed at his approach. A razor-sharp smile offered, just as she turns to run into the indeterminate distance, the vampire practically flew to her, pinning her down to the floor, he leaned in and whispered in her ear with a strangely… feminine tone “Wakey wakey little bird. Nap time’s over, Tori wants to play.”

Brown orbs open on a darkened room as she screams in horror mentally. It took a moment, the transition from sleep to wakefulness made all the rougher by the fact that her dream state, and reality where meshing strangely. A cold strong hand was laid over her mouth, an equally cold, marble hard body pinning her down. She smelled a strange scent. It wasn’t His, but it shared a quality with His. She looked into the red eyes perched above her.

Bella screamed into the hand, suddenly thrashing as she tries to dislodge the vampire. It was useless of course; she probably didn’t even make a whimper loud enough to wake her father in his room. There was no shifting that immovable shape pinning her down either. So close to help, and yet… so far. It took her a long thirty seconds to realize her helpless situation, but, when it sunk in, the girl finally relaxed into that calm that comes from knowing you can’t do anything to help yourself.

Victoria waited patiently as the girl screamed and thrashed beneath her. She tilted her head curiously, wondering what could possibly be going through a human's mind in a moment like this. Most humans didn't know what she was, when she first attacked. This girl was well aware. She had to know how dangerous vampires were, how utterly hopeless her situation was. The thought brought a smile to Victoria's face. "There, there," she cooed in a deceptively tender tone, using her free hand to brush the hair ever so gently from Isabella's face.

The human calmed down much quicker than Victoria expected. She wasn't foolish enough to think that the girl wasn't afraid of her - after all, she could smell it - so the sudden calm must have come from the girl accepting her fate. It was almost impressive. So many of them didn't stop fighting until the very end.

"I'm going to move my hand. You're welcome to scream for help. I'm certain your father would come running to your rescue at once. Of course, I'd have to kill him too then," Victoria said, sounding almost regretful at the thought. "I'd have no choice. It would be over quickly, for him, if that makes you feel any better," she assured. "I have no need to see him suffer. Although I would make sure that he knew why he was dying. That it was all your fault. Would he forgive you?" It was a genuine question born of true curiosity.

Her memories from her human days were very faded now, but Victoria still remembered her own father - a cruel, sadistic man. James hadn't been the only one to teach her about pain and cruelty. But she had lived long enough to know that not all fathers were like that. Isabella Swan didn't appear to be sporting any bruises or welts, although Victoria would have to get her clothes off to know for certain. Her gaze trailed thoughtfully down the girl's form as she considered it for a few moments.

Smirking, she lifted her gaze back to brown eyes. "I suppose you could scream and we'll find out," she told the girl with a wink before moving the hand from her mouth.

Bella’s eyes where locked with the crimson orbs starting down at her with inhuman hatred, a cold sweat breaking out over her body. She wasn’t even wearing the armor of sturdy clothing. So, if she tried to run, barefoot, and in such a flimsy outfit, she wouldn’t get far uninjured, even if Victoria was like James and enjoyed playing with her food.

As the hand is lifted away, the first words out of her mouth where.
“How did you get past Edward?” She asks, trying to brazen her way out of this. Maybe if she could bluff Victoria into thinking Edward was returning, she would focus on escaping instead of killing her? It was worth a shot. To bad she literally had nothing that would pierce that marbled skin. It would be satisfying to stab the immortal threatening her. Even if it ended with her dead in short order.

As she processes the woman’s threat against her father, she visibly rolls her eyes and fires back with a bit of a hiss in her tone.
“I’m not stupid enough to get anyone else killed, give me that much credit.” As Victoria gives a lingering look down her frame, she narrows her eyes. “If you’re looking for injuries, look at my wrist, and my x-rays. Though I’ve long since healed from James’ oh so tender mercies.”

Ok, so, Bella was being reckless to the point of insanity. But, in her mind, if she could provoke the vampire, maybe Alice would see what was happening and send Edward for her, before, Victoria made her suffer for weeks on end. Bella thought about James, his thoughts while tormenting her, and then applies that mindset to the woman perched above her, but with the tinge of not just the hunt and excitement, but also the desire for revenge. It was enough to make her already pale skin bleach white as she thought of all the horrible things the vampire could do to her… would, do to her, unless Alice saved her.

Back
Top Bottom