Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Avatar Korra Healing (East and StarSiren)

east

Supernova
"Hey Mako, Just wanted to send this letter. It's been about three months since I last saw you after you went off to be a cop in republic city. I'm still in the south pole with Korra and Tenzin, you know your girlfriend who has also not heard a word from you since we beat back Amon." Bolin leaned back in his seat for a moment stretching out before he continued to scratch his pen against the parchment and write his letter to his brother. "Honestly I don't blame you for ditching us in the last three months Korra hasn't been able to move any element other than Air, and I think it's getting to her because she is becoming unpleasant. It's also cold, miserable and almost always night here. Meanwhile you and Asami get to pal around in the big city with it's warm summer, and nice food while I'm stuck eating boiled elephantseal blubber and whatever else Katara makes us for dinner... I just want some roast turtle duck. Seriously Pabu is starting to look delicious."

The fire ferrit jumped up from it's pearch like it heard what he had been writing jumping down onto the letter and spilling the ink that Bolin was using onto his shirt. Bolin exasperated just tossed up his arms. "Fine I take it back, your a filthy rodent who... probably needs a bath." He sniffed and his nose scrunched up for a moment. He got up from his seat and pulled his jacket back on, walking towards the door. His letter would just have to wait.

~~~~~

Tenzin set up a meditation room, the smell of powerful incense emanated around the small cabin room, the heat from the various candles helped to dry the cold damp of the south pole. He had been trying to help Korra with almost daily sessions of meditation trying to connect her to the deeper spiritual side of the avatar, but even as a spiritual adviser it seemed he had no real power to help. He had been doing every trick in his book, but considering that book was pretty incomplete based around the few scrolls and teachings of his father that survived a hundred year purge there was very little left in air nomad culture about healing the spirit and mind.

Today however was a bit more strange Korra was late, like actually late to her session. Tenzin huffed and after another few minutes passed realized that for whatever reason Korra wouldn't be coming here. So it was time to go find her. Stepping out of the room, and blowing out the candle he grabbed a warmer robe and stepped out into the cold dark day, the aurora the main light illuminating the sky with it's dim, but vibrant colors lighting the sky. He closed his eyes and started to walk through the snow covered ground.

The morning sun shimmered over the icy Southern waters. From her perch on the cliffside, Korra had a front row seat to the beauty of nature. Daylight brought sparkle and color to the usual blues and greys of the South Pole. The rays danced across snow and ice alike, creating a prismatic display of wonder. Elephantseals splashed in the bay beneath her cliff. The glimmering colors brought the curious catfishes swimming below to the surface, providing a tasty meal for those who were fast enough.

Korra sighed and expelled an overdramatic puff of air as she let herself fall back into the snow. Naga whimpered and nudged Korra with his cold nose. "I'm sorry Naga. I'll be ok." Korra pet his snout and huffed again. Everything was awful. Nothing helped. And all she could do to vent was blow a little air. Dumb. Stupid. Aggravating. "Ughhhhhhhh!!! Why?! Why air?! Aarrgghhrr!!!!"

Korra flung her arms and legs into the snow and screamed. Her voice echoed far beyond the cliff where she sought solace. The elephantseals scattered as Korra's booming cry cracked a sliver of ice and sent it crashing into the bay.

For a moment a bald, older monk seemed to fade into Korra's vision, a familiar body that was eternally connected to her, Aang reached out a hand pointing toward the still waxing moon, and opened his mouth as if to speak with Korra, before the vision seemed to fade just as quickly as it had come to her, and by the time she blinked it was replaced with the kind face of Tenzin. The former avatar's son arm outstretched towards her rather than away from her as he knelt down touching Korra's arm softly as she laid on the ground. "Air isn't that bad an element." He said with a tender kind smile as he looked at the young woman.

"You would know it has many applications if you didn't slack off in your training." He reached out a hand to help Korra back to her feet. "Honestly though... we have been going through healing sessions for the last three months, you seem to be in prime physical condition." He paused for a moment trying to think about how the switch to air had occured, the attack on her person, he wanted to suggest that perhaps something less physical in nature was blocking her out of her bending. A more spiritual or mental block?

Bolin shouted as he walked up to them. Waving at the two of them. "Sorry if you wanted to be alone, but your scream made it really easy to find you." Bolin walked up to Korra, and wrapped his arms around her pulling her into a tight hug with his broad strength and shoulders. "Listen... I know that you are going through a lot right now Korra, and it's rough, but I just want to remind you... that you don't really gotta go through this alone."

"I know it's not really practice, but if you ever wanted me to just chuck some rocks at you to try and dodge them or send them back, I'm always willing to help." He felt a little out of class in all honesty. He was more the funny rock throwing guy, and this felt more out of his element.

Avatar Aang? Korra blinked. No, it couldn't be. She hadn't felt that connection in months. Not that it was broken, just weakened. She could still feel the old Avatar if she focused. Meditated. But she didnt feel the warmth of his fire, the strength of his earth or the rush of his water. Those were long gone. The whisper of his advice on the wind was all she had left. It wasn't enough.

But it wasn't Aang. It was Tenzin. Korra let out a heavy sigh and took his hand. "I'm sorry Tenzin. I know it's not a bad element, it's just not my element. I can't connect with any of them anymore. Ive tried everything and nothing helps! Nothing works! How am I supposed to be the Avatar if im just a stupid airbender?!" Korra let her words get away from her. She saw Tenzin's reaction and hung her head. "I didn't mean- It's not stupid. I'm just frustrated."

Bolin appeared at that awkward moment and offerrd his quirky assistance the only was he knew how. Awkwardly. The smallest smile trickled across Korra's face. "Thanks Bolin. I just thought maybe being out here, watching nature, i might feel something. Anything. But no. It's all just..." Korra flicked her hand and bent a small puff of air away from her. "...air."

Korra looked up at Tenzin. "I'm scared. What if i dont get them back? What if im like this forever? What am i supposed to do now?" There were tears in the corners of her eyes but she fought them back. Who was she without her water, fire and earth bending?

"Perhaps you can't." Tenzin said with a soft hmm, and he brushed his beard for a moment as if he was thinking, Korra explained that she didn't feel the other elements the way she used to be able too, but she was fully healed, Lin after a month of similar treatment acupuncture and such had been able to recover, though her skills had been noticibaly impacted. It was possible to recover from the blood bending, it just took a lot more time and effort, Still another idea was brewing. "My father was able to access a power that connected him to the experience and strength of each avatar before him, in times of great stress and panic it was the single greatest tool, If you could be connected to the avatar state that power could probably jump start a connection between you and the other elements."

The avatar state however only triggered as a defense mechanism, and not one that they could just bring out in Korra. He shrugged, it was a theory, but not one they could test, he marked it down as a last resort sort of deal. Bolin on the other hand was focused more on what Korra had said what were they supposed to do now? it was a good question.

Bolin blinked for a moment. "What if, instead of forcing the previous avatars to connect with you, we brought you to the previous avatars?" Bolin said in his usual confused yet excitable way.

Tenzin rolled his eyes. "The previous avatars are all dead Bolin."

"Yeah, but like the places that they cared about are still around right? Like in Republic city there's that park? Yangchen national park right? It was a place that was dedicated to the preservation of nature, and has a shrine where you go ring a bell for luck once a year. Burn some paper fly a kite? Me and Mako used to watch the festival. And Kiyoshi has an island." Bolin was looking between Korra and Tenzin for a moment. "Korra, you're worried about what you are supposed to do now right?... Road trip?"

Korra rolled her eyes. "Oh sure, let's just fly away and hope that an adventure solves ALL our problems. Great idea, Bolin." Her hands waved in the air before landing on her hips, fingers balled into fists. She made the most sarcastic face she could think of and didn't wait for a reply.

"You know what else is a great idea? Let's bring the whole gang along. That way everyone can laugh and stare when i fail at waterbending. Oh yea, what a great Avatar I am. I can't shoot fire from my fists or make the earth quake with my feet but you should see me blow air around. Woo." As if to prove a point, she let out two lackluster air blasts.

Korra was ranting now, pacing around in the snow and letting her hands flail about wildly, illustrating her points. "But hey, who cares if i cant bend fire or earth or water. Let's all go travel the world and try to learn some important lesson aboit how great airbending is!"

As she finished, Korra crossed her arms over her chest and huffed. She went to far. She probably hurt Bolin's feelings. Whatever. She was so distraught, she didn't care.

Bolin was a little suprised, his eyes were wide, and it was clear that there was a small tremble in his body language but despite being sensitive and the type who would normally cry he was still standing there for Korra after she was done. He moved towards her, he at least could recognize that this outburst wasn't really about him. Korra was wounded, he at least could understand that she wasn't really attacking him or even the suggestion of leaving, she was wounded.

As she let out her vitriolic anger however there was a dark shadow that passed around the ice. A dark intangible wave causing the ice around the four of them to crack and shift underfoot subtly.

Korra huffed and crossed her arms up, and he walked up to her. "Korra, no one is laughing at you. I mean come on korra it's still us, we are still your friends."

Tenzin was practically red in the face for a moment. His demeanor was anything other than what a monk would normally be. He had been trying his best to train Korra and change some of her outlook on life, and it seemed that he had been a complete failure in that regard. "Well I for one am tired of your attitude young lady, we are trying to help you, yet you have blown every lesson and attempt that I have made to help you! You haven't even tried to learn any of the proper airbending forms I have been trying to teach you. As you are right now even Meelo would be able to beat you and he bends farts!"

Tenzin was shouting at her by the time he was done. The anger and noise reverberating around them, before the ice fully broke apart sending the four into the dark freezing depths below.

Bolin understood. He really was a good friend. She wanted to tell him, to thank him, but she didnt get the chance. A moment later, Tenzin was in her face ranting once again about her lack of... well, everything. She balled her fists as he berated her shitty attitude and ridiculed her ability. Korra was ready to airslap Tenzin right in his stupid face! He was the absolute worst teacher in the whole world and she would have told him so if the ground didnt give way beneath her. Before she could react, she tumbled down the broken cliff face and impacted the water with a splash. She quickly spun her arms above her head, moving the water around her fingertips with her momentum but the water bubble she tried to create didnt happen.

Korra panicked and accidentally breathed in the ocean. She coughed and sputtered, forcing the breath that remained from her lungs. She was sinking! Drowning! Her wide, blue eyes searched for a way out. She kicked her feet, but wasn't propelled towards the surface. Her arms flailed as she struggled to swim upward. She had to get to the surface before she ran out of air!

The shore broke away, and the three of them were dumped into the ice water. Tenzin was able to control his fall, years of training allowed him to push the air around him and pull himself out of the fall, but Bolin having no ground or footing fell into the water and was shocked immediately by the cold. Tenzin had a moment to center himself as both Bolin, and Korra fell under the murky black waves, taking a deep breath and diving down into the water he was at the least able to hold off the shock of the freezing artic waters and keep his eyes open.

As Korra felt darkness surround her, another vision of her past life, a young Aang, back before he had learned all four bending arts in a pond surrounded by warmth under the glow of the moon watching two Koi fish swim circles around one another in a pond, back and forth push and pull of the tidal forces.

A moment later she would feel a sharp yank on her arm, a burst of air and wind practically throwing Korra's body back up and onto the snow covered shore, landing hard as tenzin tossed her with a burst of air launching her out of the cold waters, and back onto the surface of the snow, landing with a dull thud. A moment later Bolin was thrown upwards from the black waters as well, literally landing on her body his back smacking against her stomach and his head landing on her soft round breasts for a moment.

Tenzin resurfaced afterwords landing with a soft gust of wind as all three were soaked, and stuck in freezing cold.

The vision flashed before Korra's eyes. Is this what it felt like to die? Would she soon see all the past avatars as her consciousness faded away? She felt the water swirl around her body. Yes. This was the end. She surrendered herself to the icy current and felt it's pull on her arms. It was more like a yank. On second thought, drowning was a terrible way to die and all the tugging on her limbs was really unpleasant!

Moments later Korra landed on the snow bank with a thud. She coughed up seawater and let herself sink into the snow. Air! She could breathe! She'd been saved! As she gulped in precious breaths, her blue eyes opened just in time to see Bolin hurdling towards her. Korra quickly protected her head with her arms amd Bolin flopped unceremoniously onto her wet body. After a moment, Korra opened her eyes and relaxed her arms. Bolin was laying atop her, his rear protected from the snow by her pants and jacket, his head nestled comfortably between her large, wet breasts.

"Wah! Bolin! What are you-" She caught sight of familair yellow and red robes in the corner of her eye. "Tenzin! Watch where you're throwing people!" Korra waved her arms about angrily, which caused her breasts to rub and nudge against Bolin's head. Her large nipples were already hard from the scare and the movements she made had them pushing against Bolin's ears. Flick. Flick.

Back
Top Bottom