Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Sections in the forums based on what you're looking for

J473X

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
When I go through the forums I have to weed through a lot of RTs that aren't what I'm looking for, and not everyone uses the prefixes so using the filter tool doesn't always help.

I was thinking there could be a SFW and a NSFW section with Gay, straight and Lesbian subsections to help others find more specifically what they're looking for.

I feel that just an option to search for threads without a prefix specifically would be a simpler solution that would dilute searching into so many different categories. Or make a prefix mandatory though I'm not sure how others would feel about that.

I feel that just an option to search for threads without a prefix specifically would be a simpler solution that would dilute searching into so many different categories. Or make a prefix mandatory though I'm not sure how others would feel about that.
I agree with the idea of making a prefix mandatory. I feel like that could also serve to simplify things.

I originally made prefixes mandatory but people bitched. >_>

I have a different idea for how to do things, after I'm done upgrading Elliquiy. I think/hope people will like it.

Rather than a ton of additional sections that kinda splatter threads out and about, perhaps a system of tags (predefined, from various common queries and selections and prominent) and the ability to filter them would be the cleanest, as well as most accurate structure where you can search for openness to particular kinks, writing styles, relationships, and so on.

And I mean an actual tag system where you pick out of multiple categories and it's applied to the thread mostly for searching purposes, not just prefixes, which I believe have quite limited flexibility as far as being useful even if they do a pretty good job for elimination on a super basic level.

Another concept drawn from elsewhere that, while not entirely optimal there, would actually be very useful for the kind of browsing one might do here. Their loss for those who ignore it if made sufficiently prominent and useful, while for those who do use it, almost downright essential.

Last edited:
Even when people use the prefixes, many RTs aren't exactly clear. I've seen plenty of F x Any or M x Any RTs where they say they're "up for anything", but then later on find that they only do MxF pairings. You have no idea if they're open to LGBT content as some threads don't mention it at all and you're left to guess.

I second the OP's suggestion, and I would also like to see separate forums for offsite content. It's frustrating to read through a RT, only to find out at the end they will only write over Discord.

I like Skyfetcher's idea of tags, a tag system would be great to quickly find things you would be most interested in. Of course, some people wouldn't use them but then that's on them if they get overlooked by a great potential partner because they didn't bother adding a tag.

Back
Top Bottom