Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can We Be What We Used To Be? |Baby & Storyteller|

Dimples

Star
“Ivan Marcus Davis! Put your jacket back on, you’ll catch a cold!” Lilly Davis, a worried mother demanded

“Oooooooh! She used your middle name Ivan. You’re in troubleeeee” His slightly older friend teased causing the young Ivan to pout with his arms crossed.

“Andrew, don’t tease him” Bella sat on the bench next to Lilly as she scolded her son in return.

“Children” Both parents ended up speaking in unison. The two then looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

Bella and Lilly met at some ridiculous support meeting for single mothers. The two clicked right away! After all, they were going through the same suffering of raising a child on their own. The group gatherings would help, but it was the support that the two gave each other that really made it easier for Lilly to get out of an empty bed and care for her son alone. Her son she loved so much from a man she once was in love with before leaving… And yet, Lilly still wonders what she would do if she met him again. How would she feel? Would all those feelings come running back? Would she take him back? But most of all, would she actually tell him that she found out she was 3 months pregnant with his son soon after he left. He probably wouldn’t believe her it was his anyways… Besides, the chance of meeting Marcus again was slim to none.

The pregnancy was long and hard. she had never felt more alone in her life. The decision to keep Ivan was difficult with family insisting on giving advice to put him up for adoption since she was still so young and alone. Disowned by her parents having to take shelter at her disabled grandmother’s, no father, and no clue on how to even change a diaper. Then the stress of the drama around her complicated her pregnancy causing Ivan to be premature. The first week of Ivan’s life was spent hooked up to machines and in a plastic box. Not where he was meant to be, in his mother’s arms.

Although the moment She was able to finally hold Ivan, Lilly knew every decision she has made so far was worth it. He was precious and he was part of her…. and a part of the man she once loved…

Now Ivan has recently just turned four and is a splitting image of Marcus. Ivan had her eyes and spunk to him but that was really about the only thing you would tell that he was her child. Other than the birth certificate of course! Things were better now. Well, better. Not great. She still struggled to support her and Ivan finically. The only way they have made it this far was because of the job she picked up at a late-night club as a stripper. Sure, she wasn’t proud of it, but there was no other choice if she wanted to feed her child. Besides, having Alex come by to keep the handsy men away helped a bit.

Alex was a mutual friend of her and Marcus back when they were together. When Marcus left, Alex was there for her. He was there for it all. When she found out she was pregnant, through the harsh pregnancy, he even babysat for her when she really needed time to herself. Honestly, if it wasn’t for him, she wouldn’t have been able to make it. But… There was something about him. Something… she just couldn’t put her finger on it, but it made her always have her guard up around him. He had always talked down about Marcus every chance he got when he was supposed to be his best friend, and he was just… too understanding of her situation. Even so, she couldn’t deny he had helped her through the darkest time in her life and she was thankful.

“It’s about time we head out,” Bella told Lilly as she began to gather her stuff. “What do you plan on doing today?”

“I’m going to go and get Ivan something to eat and spend some time with him. I have to work tonight.”

“It must be tough for you, having to work so late and get up early and take care of Ivan.”

Lilly chuckled awkwardly. No one other than Alex and her knew of the real details of her job. For all anyone else knew, she was a bartender at a bar. No one would understand it if she told them. “It’s not as bad as you think. It’s all worth it in the end.”

“Just don’t overdo yourself. If you ever need some rest, I’ll watch Ivan for you for the weekend.” Bella told her with a look of concern.

“Thank you.”

“Andrew!” Bella cried out, “Come on baby. We are leaving.”

Andrew groaned in response as he ran over to his mother. They got up and left. Sighing, Lilly sat back against the bench, watching her son as he giggled and ran across the playground.

“It’s hard you know,” A older man said from the park bench next to him. “Coming back to civilization. After you’ve seen the things you’ve seen. Done the things you’ve done.”

Marcus wasn’t sure why the old man decided to have this particular conversation with him. Was it really that painfully obvious that he was a veteran? His efforts to hide it by dressing down in a simple white T shirt and jeans hadn’t worked near as well as he wanted it to it seemed. It must have been the duffel bag he was trying to hide underneath the buss’s bench that gave him away.

He knew he should have gotten a suitcase.

“Yeah,” He grunted not really wanting to talk. “Sure.”

“No one really wants to talk about combat and all of that stuff,” The old man grunted continuing despite the almost literal waves of “leave me the hell alone.” That the young veteran was giving off. “To busy thanking you for your service and honoring you. They’d rather do that because it’s easier you know? Easier to honor you then ask how you’re doing and have an honest conversation with you.”

Marcus’s one good eye closed. How in the ever-loving HELL had he been given this man? Wasn’t the loss of his left eye enough of a burden? Now he had to deal with this old fucker? Hi hand ran through his hair, longer than it had been in five years. His calloused fingers hit the bands of his eye patch an he winced. Last thing he wanted to think about was that fucking eyepatch and his wound. It was almost as bad as the old man who refused to shut his mouth.

“Whatever it is you think I’m interested in talking about,” Marcus Kaine finally said with a snap. “I’m not okay? I’m just waiting for my fucking friend.”

Where WAS Alex anyways? He told him specifically that he would be in no later than 1300 hundred hours. He would have thought his best friend coming home from the Middle East would have been enough to make him on time. Maybe he was being to hopeful, to think that a guy who’d never been on time once in his life would do so just for him. No doubt he was probably chasing this woman he talked about in his letters, the one with a kid.

Honk honk

“Thank god!” Marcus murmured as he saw his old charger appear around the corner. He was happy to see that his best friend had taken care of his old love. It’s powerful body rumbled and shook as Alex guided it to a stop on the curb across the street from the bridge. Marcus rose plucking his duffel bag up as he watched Alex lean half his body out of the car through the window. The blonde haired one time football jock flashed him a big grin as he waved at him.

“Listen son,” The old man said as he started to walk away. “You be careful reintegration can be a bitch okay?”

Marcus turned eyes softening somewhat. He took a deep breath pushing his lanky hair back once more as he drew himself to his full height. He was rather impressive a solid wall of muscle and meat and not afraid to show it! “I think I can handle it but… thanks.” He said nodding his head before turning and moving across the street. He swung his bag up balancing it on his shoulder as he reached out to clap his best friend on the back.

“My man!” His best friend Alex Heartfield exclaimed with a laugh. “I thought you were ugly before but-“

“Shut up!” Marcus shouted with a snort. “Chicks dig scars! Don’t you know that?”

“Chicks dig eyes to.” Alex shot back earning him a friendly slug in the arm. “Come on man… let’s get you back home. Got you spot on the couch already cleaned up.”

“Thanks for that,” Marcus said moving to the side and opening the door. Seconds later he slid in, slid into a car that had a life time of memories. “Staying with the folks is…”

“Say no more brother man,” Alex said as the car roared to life and he pulled out. “About that though…” He trailed off for a second focusing on getting back on the road. Once they were racing down the high way he sighed and leaned back.

“Your pa’s been asking about you.”

Marcus swallowed hard. “Yeah?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

“Hell man,” Alex said coughing. “The MC’s only grown since you were gone and-“

“Save it,” Marcus said shaking his head. “I don’t want to be involved in…” He trailed off looking out the window. They both knew what Marcus was going to say. In their town the Motorcycle Club was best akin to two sides of a coin. On one side was the various charity events, toys for tots, and other fun things they did. Then there was the other side of the coin the side that ran guns and low impact guns to the town itself and the surrounding ones. A criminal organization that worked for the people but was still VERY much a criminal organization.

And his dad was the Chapters leader…

“What about Lily?” Marcus asked turning to him. “How’s she doing?”

“Lily?” Alex asked in shock. “I’m surprised your so interested in her given what she did to you.”

Marcus shrugged hi mouth dropping in a frown. Memories of the night he went to see her before he shipped off flitted through his mind. He knew what Alex was talking about, the guy in her room that she was kissing. Back then that had been enough to swear off seeing her again and run to the army with open arms. Now though? A part of him thought it was rather… silly.

“There are plenty of enough girls in this town man,” Alex told him as they barreled through the welcome sign for their small little town. “Aside from that, once you see what Lily does know your not going to want shite to do with her!”

“What she does now?” Marcus said turning and looking confused.

“What are you talking about?”

……………………..

That Night

It was only because of the MC that Lustful Liaisons was a GOOD Strip Club instead of a bad one. The club used it as a way of funneling and laundering it’s money for one thing. However even more importantly it was sort of the home away from home for the MC. The men of the MC might have been a little rough, but they wanted their woman world class and so no one with drug problems was allowed to work in the MC. It was also a place Marcus wouldn’t usually step dead in… but Alex insisted there was something there he had to see.

“I’ll stay an hour.” Marcus grumbled still wearing his jeans and white T shirt. His heavy steel toed boots clunking as he walked across the wooden flooring.

“Alright alright,” Alex said huffing. “Come on! Let me buy you a drink at least.”

That Night​

Lilly hurried through the doors of the dressing room. One of the girls rushed over to her, handing her some clothes. “You’re late! You’re up next you know!”

Lilly quickly began to undress, wasting no time to slip into the rimstone dancing outfit the woman had given her. “I know! The babysitter was late. I got here as soon as I could. I’m sorry…”

The woman sighed, a look of understanding on her face. “Just get out there and kick ass.”

A smile crossed Lilly's lips. “Thanks, Rose.”

Rose had started here around the same time Lilly had. She had her own reasons for doing this, but they looked out for each other.

Finally, her music began for this set and she walked out from behind the stage, keeping her eyes fixated on the goal ahead. The pole. Unlike most of the other dancers who picked upbeat songs, Lily’s choices were always sensual. She was rather popular here for her seductive dances and stripteases. It helped that she had quite a few years of experience of dancing under her belt. After all, she had taken dance throughout high school and college.

As she made her way across the stage, her stride was slow, her hips swayed. Then, finally, her hands met the pole and the dance began. She just danced, showing no signs of removing her clothes. Money began to fall upon the stage as men began to whistle. Then finally the song began to come to a close. She dropped to her knees, rolling her hips and arching her back as she reached behind her back, unstrapping her bra, letting it fall down her shoulders.

The men went wild, throwing even more cash at her. She twirled up the pole, hooking her thong with her fingers and slowly began to pull.

“Look man,” Marcus said with a huff. “I don’t know how many more times I can tell you that I hate this place.” He turned his eyes at the topless waitresses and MC members taking the girls off for private parties in the back. Given the MC ruled this place, strippers were more often than not used as prostitutes as well. Not that many of the girls were complaining, they laid down thousands for such a thing and more than a few were hoping to be taken to a better life by the lustful biker thugs. Which to Marcus just served as reminder of their corrupting influence on the town.

“I promise,” Alex said shaking his head. “Your going to want to see this.”

“I doubt it.” Marcus said sliding into the chair and crossing his arms over his chest. People were starring but he was at the very least thankful they were staring at his eye and not at his face. The longer people starred at his eye the less likely they would realize who he was. If his father found out he was here no doubt he would tear ass getting over here which was the last thing Marcus wanted.

“Here it comes.” Alex said leaning forward in his seat as the lights dimmed. Marcus shot him a weird look. Since when had Alex been so into Strippers? It was weird given they stayed clear of this place before but he seemed a regular now. What would this girl he was talking about think? Maybe she worked here? Marcus shuddered at the thought and fell back to watch the stage.

Someone came out, and instantly Marcus realized why Alex wanted him to come here. There was NO WAY in hell that Marcus would have believed anyone if they told him that the one time love of his life was now working at a place he hated as a stripper. It was truly something he had to see to believe and as she moved on stage slow and sensual like he began to blink rapidly. His mouth worked up and down, trying to think of something to say as she began her dance. He was so dumbstruck that she got her bra off! It was when the thong was starting to come down her hips that he sprang up. Given how close he was to the stage, this made several people shout and holler. Even worse, his chair flew back from the sudden movement. Now every eye in the room was on him.

“Hey!” Shouted one of the bikers getting up. “Isn’t that the boss’s kid?”

“Holy shit,” The guy at his table said with a laugh. “It’s Duke’s boy!”

Marcus felt his adams apple constrict. His dad knowing he was home, combined with seeing her ex in nothing but a thong and stripping was enough stress to make him want to pass out. Rather quickly he turned on heel, marching towards the exit. He heard the bikers calling after him but ignored it as he pushed outside and into the cool air.

“I forgot you were working tonight,” Alex said pretending to look sheepish. “He was uh… looking for danger.”

Just before Lilly slipped the thong down, a man stood abruptly, catching the attention of everyone in the room, including Lilly’s. Quickly, she turned to look at the man, locking eyes with his one-eyed stare. Even though he may have looked a bit different with his eye patch and longer hair, she knew exactly who he was instantly. Her eyes grew wide with shock, lips parting. “M-Marcus?” She was lost for words. The man she had loved, would’ve given up anything to be with, the father of her son, was standing right in front of her again after so many years.

Then the sudden realization of the situation she was in, where she was, hit her. Quickly, her arms moved to cover herself, feeling more exposed than she ever had than standing naked on this stage. Then, like that, he was gone again, rushing out the exit.

I forgot you were working tonight… He was uh… Looking for danger…

Lilly’s eyes glared down at Alex as she opened her mouth to speak. She wanted to scream, chew his ass out for what he had just done. She didn’t want anyone to know about this place! And for the love of God, never Marcus! However, she snapped her jaws shut, and only glared at him in silence a few moments more before rushing off stage and back to the changing room. Never before had she got dressed so quickly in her entire life. But right now, she needed to feel the security that clothing gave her. Why was Marcus even here? She thought she would never see him again, so why now? Why here?

“Here’s your earnings for the night. You got a large haul this time! Good job.” The person who collected the money after the dances told her.

“Uh… Yeah… Thanks…”

“Are you okay?”

“Huh? Oh. Yeah. I’m fine. I… Just gotta get home.” She said as she pushed her jacket over her shoulders. “Thanks, see you next time” Lilly headed out the back exit. However, the moment she walked through the door, she bumped into someone. “I’m sorr—” Her eyes met with Marcus. “Excuse me. I’m in a hurry.” Quickly, she turned to try to leave.

He was out in the back-ally way pacing like mad when she QUITE literally ran into him. He was replaying the moment over and over in his mind. The moment when he saw her on that stage and she started striping. He was TRYING to focus on the fact that she was stripping and not how good she looked doing said striping. She always had the most incredible body, so seeing it on display was VERY distracting to say the least. So far his homecoming was anything but simple and the vet was pissed as hell at Alex for letting him walk into that.

“You want to explain what the hell is going on here?” He growled at her his hands on her shoulders as he pushed her against the wall. This would be far from the first time he used his strength on her. One might consider him abusive; he’d never hit her but he was known to use his body to manhandle her or stop her from leaving. However, Marcus had hi anger issues under control anger issues he feared and people like his father embraced.

“I mean,” He said with a huff. “You’re supposed to be gone from this town! You’re not supposed to be-“

Whatever he was going to say was cut off as the roar of bikes filled the air. Powerful headlights cut across the alleyway as a convoy of bikes pulled into the alleyway and stopped. The man on the lead bike reached down switching off his bike as he got off and came over to look at them.

“Son,” He finally said a large smile breaking on his face. “I see you’ve reintroduced yourself to......." Clayton head of the MC paused and turned to look at her. “You told him yet?” He asked point blank.

Before she could get away, Marcus grabbed her and pinned her against the wall. Of course, why did she think he would let her go so easily? Well, it was a possibility since it was pretty easy for him to just walk away from everything they had back then. But because he found out she was doing something he disapproved of, he had a thing to say now? No, he didn’t get to do that. He had no claim on her now. He didn’t get to tell her what not to do. Not anymore.

You want to explain what the hell is going on here?

Her glare snapped to lock up to look into his one-eyed stare as her lips parted to tell him she had nothing to explain to him. However… The truth was, that was a lie. If anything, he should know he was a father, no matter how much he hurt her in the past, he deserved to know about his son. Then, he began to speak again, about how she was supposed to be gone and not in town anymore. She furrowed her brows in confusion. That made no sense. Not once had she tried to leave town, let alone spoken about it. That took time, plans, and quite frankly, money. Lilly had nowhere but here to go too and with a child now, this was the only place she could call home.

Just when she was about to speak and try to explain things, the sound of bikes pulling up caught their attention. Lilly rolled her eyes to Marcus’s father’s voice. Just great. It had to be him. One could say the two didn’t get along. However, had an understanding with each other to keep out of each other’s way. When Lilly really needed help financially, Clayton allowed her to work here.

You told him yet?

Lilly sent him a glare, “Not yet. Of course, if you would have just reached out to him and told him when I asked you to he would already know.” She spoke through a clenched jaw.

Then an alarm could be heard going off from her phone and panic could be seen from her expression. “I have to go or else I’ll be late. My son.” Her voice hardened, Our son, the son you left me to take care of on my own is at home with a babysitter.” She shoved her hands against his chest, pushing him off her. “Why the hell do you think I’m doing something like this Marcus? Do you really think I enjoy it?” She laughed sarcastically. “Is that what you think of me? I’m a single parent raising a child on my own. Children aren’t cheap, you know. This is the only way we can survive finically.” She looked up at him, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. “So go ahead, judge me. Look down on me. I don’t care. But it wasn’t like I had his father around for help!”

The alarm went off again, the tears finally fell as she looked down at the phone. “As fun as it’s been catching up with you. I really have to go.” With that, she turned around and rushed off to her car.

A child?!

A CHILD?!

Marcus was absolutely struck dumb by what she was proposing. The idea that HE was a father, and had a kid with the love of his life. The whole thing was so utterly surreal, so implausible that he thought they were playing a trick on him! Like some really weird, sick fucking joke he hadn’t been let in on. That was something his dad might have done but not Lily. No she was a good person, and seemed genuinely upset about having to tell him that way. Herr car coming to life napped him out of his thoughts and he turned to watch her leave.

“Women,” His dad said coming over and placing a hand on his shoulders. “Can’t live with em, can’t live-“

CRACK

The cracking was the sound of his dad’s nose breaking. The man stumbled back holding it was he looked up at him in shock. Marcus finer came out, underscoring the punch he just threw as he growled. “You stay the hell away from me and my family.” He told his dad with a hiss before he moved to his own car. Before Clayton could even get up he was out, pulling out and running over two of his lackeys bike as he chased after Lily. The drive gave him time to calm down, to clean his bloody knuckles, and most of all figure out what he wanted to say to her. Whatever house she pulled into his signature muscle carr was pulling into as well.

It didn’t take long for Lilly to notice the muscle car tailing her. Damn it. He was following her. Of course, he was after finding out. Still, she just wanted to get home, kiss her son good night, and go to bed. It had been a long night and would most likely be an early morning, knowing Ivan. She was already lacking in sleep and now the stress of Marcus returning? It was way more than she could handle right now.

Finally, she pulled into her driveway, watching as he pulled in behind her. Taking a deep breath to prepare herself, she opened the door and stepped out. “You know it’s creepy to follow people.” She commented as he opened the door of his car. Sighing, she spoke again. “Come inside. Let’s talk. Properly. Ivan should be sleeping already.” With that, she turned and headed for the front door, unlocking it before opening it, gesturing for him to head inside first, then closing it behind them.

“I’m home. Sorry I’m late, I’ll pay you extra for tonight.” Lilly called out.

A young woman looking to be around 19 peeked around the corner with a smile. “Oh! Welcome back! No, Ms. Lilly. That’s not Necessary. Ivan is a good boy, so I don’t mind. I already put him to bed. So, he’s sleeping soundly.” She looked over at Marcus curiously but didn’t comment on it.

Lilly pulled out some cash and handed it to her. “Here. Thank you very much for your help. Be careful on your way home. I’ll see you next time.” She guided her to the door and let her out before once again closing it behind her then locking it. Finally, she turned to look at Marcus with a sigh before removing her jacket as she moved to sit on the couch in the living room. “Please, sit. I’m sure you have a lot to say. Now’s your time, I’m listening.”

His sons name was Ivan…

Marcus almost fell over from that piece of knowledge. It was such a simple thing, the naming of a child he’d never met. However it was the name of HIS child, his boy that she’d birthed and raised without him. A deep shame filled his soul as he realized all he had missed. How could she not have told him? He would have come back MUCH sooner if he actually knew what was going on. Was his dad hanging out with the kid?! That thought made him even angrier and he tried to keep the malicious look off of his face as he waited for the teenage kid to leave.

Eventually they were alone, and with a push off of her jacket she indicated she was ready for him to talk. Not one to beat around the bush she just outright asked what his questions were! He laughed his body throwing back over the chai he was in as one large arm draped across the headboard.

“If you think I have a plethora of questions to ask you then your wrong,” He told her shaking his head. “I really ust want to know one thing.” He said to he outright as he leaned forward.

“Why didn’t you ever tell me?” HE asked her outright. “You have to have known that neither Alex nor my dad told me about this. Alex…. Alex has been telling me for months about this girl he’s been seeing. This girl who works as a striper and has a kid. Does that sound familiar?” He didn’t wait for her to speak instead continuing.

“It doesn’t matter though because I would have thought YOU would tell me,” Marcus said huffing angrily. “What? Were you to busy going behind my back with that asshole Bryant?” Bryant was the one he’d seen inside of her home the night he came to say good bye to her.

Lilly had expected him to bombard her with questions, denial, something, anything. She had prepared herself for this for almost four years, imagining how this conversation would go if she ever met Marcus again. However, there was no denial from him. Instead of the are you sure it’s mine question, a why didn’t you tell me question came instead. And the more he continued the more she was starting to get the picture of why she was never able to get him the message.

When she had first found out she was pregnant, she tried to figure out a way to contact him. Tried to call him on the number she had, disconnected. Even gathered the courage to beg his dad for his address so she could send him a letter. Of course, he refused. So, she told him the news, hoping that would give him the initiative to at least let his son know something. The man literately laughed in her face, making it very clear he didn’t care and had no intention of doing what she asked.

So, she turned to Alex. Who this entire time had been bad-mouthing Marcus, telling her how she deserved better. However, when she asked Alex he quickly told her how he had lost contact with him soon after he had left. Throughout the pregnancy and about a year after, she would ask if he got back in contact with him again, but he would always tell her now followed by a just forget about that asshole. He left you when you really needed him. You should just focus on raising Ivan now.

Then, tonight happened… Here Marcus was with Alex and quite obviously rather familiar with each other as if they had never lost contact. It didn’t make much sense… Alex, the one who had helped her through so much, couldn’t have lied all this time about talking to Marcus right? He knew how hard she had tried to contact him. Knew how important it was that she wanted Ivan to know who his father was. Her eyes met with Marcus’s “I tried to tell you.”

What? Were you to busy going behind my back with that asshole Bryant?

Lilly looked at him confused for a moment. “Bryant? What the hell does he have to do with this?” She asked, her look of confusion shifting to anger. “I don’t know what you are trying to insinuate, but I was nothing but faithful to you throughout the six years we were together! Bryant was just some guy Alex set me up for a home-study session in college. However, I was feeling really drowsy that night and fell asleep before he came, so I missed it. There is nothing more to it. He told me he got your permission for it first.” Her voice rose a bit. “And I tried to tell you. I tried for years to get Alex to tell you. But he said he lost contact with you, all the while, telling me all kinds of things about how much of a dick you are so I would forget you. Maybe you shouldn’t be accusing me of cheating and start asking your boy Alex some questions!”

Last edited:
Ever since Marcus rolled into town he suspected something was up with Alex. He was cagey about Marcus his supposed best friend being back and now Marcus suspected the girl he was talking about so freely was his ex. There was something there, something that Marcus didn’t know the whole story to just yet.

He was damn sure going to find out though.

Marcus blinked as she spoke about Bryant. What the hell?! Again Alex seemed to be involved in… something and he recalled that night in question. He recalled Alex being the one to push him to go over there and seemed VERY aggressive about it. Matter of fact thinking over it now Alex wouldn’t take no for an answer!

“Mother fucker,” Marcus said falling back further on his chair and shaking his head. “It’s been him this entire time.” His hand slapped her table hard enough to jostle it and he rose quickly. “I’m going to fucking kill him.” It was clear Marcus was BURNING with anger now! Anger issues and him went together like fire and water and if she didn’t intervene chances about even on him killing Alex tonight.

“We could have had a life together all this time,” He growled stomping towards the door. “Could have known about my kid to boot! I swear to god I’m going to fucking kill him for this Lily!”

It’s been him this entire time…

So, Alex was up to something. She had suspected it for quite some time now. It was the reason she had never given in to any of his advances. However, she was honestly shocked to learn the extent of his betrayal. Unlike Marcus, Lilly felt hurt. Alex had helped her. He had genuinely helped her when Marcus was not there. However, now she knew he had only done that for his own benefit. Not because he actually cared about her wellbeing. It hurt, she felt betrayed, and it really hurt. The sudden slam of Marcus hitting the table caused Lilly to snap out of her thoughts an jump back to reality, quite literally.

I’m going to fucking kill him…

Shit. This wasn’t good! She hadn’t seen Marcus this angry in a very long time and if she let him see Alex like this he very well might kill him! She had to do something! Stop him and calm him down a bit and clear his head before he met up with Alex. Then, his next words made her freeze. He spoke of how they could have had a life together if it wasn’t for Alex, how he would’ve known about his child. Wait… Was that really true? Would he had stayed with her? They could’ve been together even now if it wasn’t for that night? A night she didn’t even know what exactly happened even… Her own anger began to boil.

However, as Marcus began rushing to the door, Lilly returned to her senses. She couldn’t let him hurt Alex. Not when he was in this state of mind. She had to calm him down first. “Wait, Marcus!” Quickly, Lilly stood, rushing to follow him. “Please wait.” She grabbed onto his arm to make him halt. “Please, Just stay here tonight and clear your head before you see him. Please, don’t lea—”

“Mommy?” A small voice came from behind.

Slowly, Lilly turned around to see Ivan rubbing his eyes with his small fists. “Oh, honey. I’m sorry. Did I wake you?” She released Marcus and rushed over to Ivan, crouching down to his level before picking him up and perching him on her hip. He gripped her shirt and looked over at Marcus, hiding his face into her chest. Lilly laughed. “Ivan. I want to introduce you to… Uh… My friend…” She paused, giving Ivan the chance to lift his head from her bossum.

“You’re friend?” He asked, looking at Marcus curiously.

“Uh…” Lilly looked over at Marcus with uncertainty for a moment. “Yeahhh, Let’s go with that.” She shifted Ivan on her hip she he was looking at her. “Do you remember the story about your daddy?”

Ivan nodded. “Yeah. He’s on a long business trip. It’s very important.”

“Uh, right…” She glance over at Marcus then at Ivan. “Well. Daddy has finally come home from his trip.”

Ivan’s face lit up. “Really?! He’s home?!”

Lilly laughed, turning to Marcus. “Marcus, meet Ivan Marcus Davis…” Her eyes turned to Ivan. “Honey, meet your daddy.”

“It’s daddy!” He began to wiggle in Lilly’s arms. With a laugh, she bent over and let him loose as he ran over, latching onto Marcus’s leg.

Feel free to play Ivan

If not for her intervention Marcus would have surely killed Alex tonight. His anger was legendary and the simple truth of it was that he’d never BEEN this angry before. The sort of angry where your vision clouded with red and you can’t see more than your desire to maim and possibly kill. Marcus had a HELL of an anger problem. One that would threaten to take him down a very dark path if he ever let it get out of hand. Even though she was tugging on his arm he still wanted to go, and it was the combination of an offer to stay the night AND hearing a little boys voice that made him stop.

Marcus turned his head, catching sight of the little boy. HIS little boy! The anger swept out of him as he took a shaky leg back and tried to recover. His hand came to his collar tugging at it trying to keep his cool as he listened to her interact with their son. Again the reminder that this was HIS boy ran through him and made his heart skip a few beats. He wanted to reach out to the kid and take him but he had no idea what to do that would be considered proper so instead he remained rooted to the spot.

Then… she did something surprising! She outright stated who he was and Marcus’s jaw dropped in response. Did she really… just so casually reveal who he was?! Then to make the whole thing even more surreal Ivan their son ran to him and clung to his leg like it was nothing.

“I uh,” Marcus head dropped down to ruffle the boys hair. “I uh need a drink.” He said sounding faint as he moved to the couch and sagged down on it.

“You just told him like it was nothing.” He remarked to her rubbing his temples. “What if I’m like on drugs right now or something?” The idea was ridiculous given Marcus hated drugs but still.

Lilly watched Marcus’s reaction for meeting Ivan for the first time. It was pretty much what she expected honestly. Sure, she had pretty much just flung everything on them, but, Lilly wasn’t one to beat around the bush. Besides, she had never lied or kept anything from her son and she wasn’t going to start now. When Marcus shifted to the couch, Ivan tried to follow, however, Lilly grabbed his arm to stop him causing the boy to pout in response.

You just told him like it was nothing… What if I’m like on drugs right now or something…

His words caused Lilly to laugh. “Drugs? Never.”

“Mommy? What is drugs?” Ivan asked tugging on her dress.

Lilly cleared her throat awkwardly. “Uh… Don’t you worry about that. It’s way past your bedtime mister!” She crouched down and tickled him. He burst into a screeching laughter. “You can sleep in my room tonight. Go keep the bed warm for me.”

His face lit up. “Okay!” Then quickly, turned and ran down the hall and into her room.

Sighing, she walked over to the couch, sitting next to Marcus, turning to face him as she spoke. “It had to be done sooner or later. I just chose sooner, than later. You should know me by now not to pitter around about things like this. I don’t keep things from my son and I don’t plan to start.” She placed a hand on his knee. “I know it’s a lot to take in. All I ask is you get to know him. Even if that’s bit by bit.” She removed her hand, “The couch reclines into a bed. Please, stay here tonight, clear your head. We can both go and see Alex tomorrow and get the story straight together. I would like to know exactly what is going on myself. But, I won’t force you…” Slowly she stood. “It’s your choice to stay or not. But, I do hope I see you in the morning…” She turned to leave.

Marcus blushed when his son (HIS SON) asked about drugs. Part of him just wanted to start pinching himself over and over again to wake up from this dream he found himself in. The anger had left his system, replaced with that icy shock as his mind reconciled with everything it learned. Hi brain was fritzing it felt like, going into over drive to try and normalize this situation. It allowed her a certain degree of manipulation with him and she could more or lesss move him anywhere right now as he was to deep inside of his mind to care.

“Where else would I go?” He finally asked sighing and running his hands through his long black hair. “You… I was staying with Alex.” He admitted unleashing a shaking breath. “I can’t even bear to see him right now because I’m afraid I might actually kill him.” He admitted turning to look at her.

“And you…. You’ve had to-“ He swallowed hard.

“You’ve had to dance to pay for our son and I didn’t know! I swear to god Lils I didn’t know! If I had I would have been giving you support or… or fucking something!”

Where else would I go? I was staying with Alex…

Lilly stopped, looking over her shoulder to silently look at him. She should have known it was Alex he was staying with. Her own anger began to boil. How could Alex do this to them, to Marcus. They were so close! How could he betray his best friend like that? He had to have known they would find out at some point, right? She didn’t know what to do. All she knew was she had to be there for Marcus, wanted to be there for him. No matter what their history was, this situation probably hurt him the most out of anyone. “You’re welcome to stay here as long as you need to.”

Then, he began to speak again, before stopping himself, as if not wanting to actually say it… Slowly, she turned to face him. Then, it actually came out of his mouth…

You’ve had to dance to pay for our son and I didn’t know! I swear to god Lils I didn’t know! If I had I would have been giving you support!

Her body visibly tensed to the subject before she averted her gaze. She couldn’t look at him, not right now. Shame and embarrassment filled her to her core. She never wanted anyone to know about her job, and never Marcus. Trusting Alex was the biggest mistake she bad. That, and allowing Marcus to leave… Finally, her eyes met his when he spoke of giving her support. She only assumed he meant it by financially. There was a pain in her chest. Of course that’s all he would be concerned about… After all, their relationship had ended a long time ago. She didn’t want his money.

Slowly, Lily walked next to him, sitting next to him on the couch, her eyes staring at the floor. “I do what I have to do.” Her voice was soft. “I’m not asking you to give me your money. I’ve done fine on my own so far. Even if I have to do things I don’t want to do, it keeps a roof over our heads.”

“I’m not saying you didn’t,” Marcus said with a huff. “It’s my child to… it’s my right and my need to give support and be there for you two.” He grumbled shaking his head as he rose up from the couch.

“You know me better than that,” Marcus said shaking his head. “You really think I’ve changed that much since I’ve been gone? No…. no I’m here, I know, and I’m here to stay.” He told her crossing his arms over his chest as that one eye of his looked at her stubbornly.

“You can’t tell me you want to strip for the rest of your life,” He told her shaking his head. “No… no you wanted to go to school for something didn’t you? Well let me start providing support so you can get away from the club and you can do something else? I’ve got money, saved up from being overseas where I didn’t need it as much. Hell I was planning on getting a job down at Mac’s Shop.” Mac’s shop being the local mechanics place.

He came back over to her moving down to one knee as he reached out for her hands. The smell of his cologne, which hadn’t changed even after all these year wafted out to her. “Come on,” He said to her his eye imploring her. “Let me take care of you. Let me do this for you please? I want to… no I need to! I know you and I went wrong and I suspect that ass hole had something to do with it but there’s no reason why we can’t be a team again is there?”

Back
Top Bottom