Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vyce's RP Journal [Updated 03/26]

Vyce

Star

TABLE OF CONTENTS

source.gif

LAST UPDATED: 3/26/2024

1 | Ons & Offs

2 | Writing Samples (Regular)

3 | Writing Samples (Pokémon)

Last edited:
1 | ONS & OFFS

ONS & OFFS

giphy.gif

When it comes to sexy funtimes, I have three main requirements...
F.R.I.E.S. (explicit knowing, willing and enthusiastic consent, as Hozier puts it here).
Mutual collaboration and satisfaction (participants actively work on pleasuring and getting each other off).
A focus on shared enjoyment (the sex is something our characters do with each other, not to each other).

There's plenty of room for kinks; it's the motivation I want to be "wholesome" ;).

⭐ ONS ⭐

kevin-hart-give-me.gif
⭐ Oral (giving and receiving)
⭐ Body worship in general
⭐ Light bondage
⭐ Interracial relationships (no racism or raceplay/racial stereotypes)
⭐ Copious foreplay (I admit liking to focus on this more than the penetration itself)
⭐ BDSM with a loving, caring vibe
⭐ Double penetration
⭐ Aphrodisiacs (only to heighten sensitivity and pleasure, not cloud/blunt judgment or remove free will)
⭐ Ladies with a praise kink
⭐ Use of magic/powers during sex (no mind control or removal/subversion of free will)
⭐ Anal/assplay and rimming (100% clean at all times)
⭐ Curvy women
⭐ Uniform/outfit play (women wearing lingerie, seductive nightgowns, power suits/skirts, office wear, heels, skirts, etc.)
⭐ Women wearing nylons/pantyhose/stockings (whether with lingerie or hidden underneath a skirt/dress)
⭐ MC making YC orgasm via aggressive/forcefully-given cunnilingus
⭐ Bossy/bratty female powerbottoms
⭐ Clothed or partially-clothed sex
⭐ Light foodplay
⭐ Orgasm control/denial
⭐ Sensory play

Equal/"switch" pairing dynamics!
WnwJ55EenU.jpg
This is my favorite character dynamic for the most part. Set-in-stone, unchanging "sub/dom" roles don't really appeal to me. I vastly prefer pairings where both parties are in a constant flux of give-and-take and equally capable of taking charge in (and out) of the bedroom: Swapping roles according to situational wants and desires, engaging in regular one-upmanship and power plays, simply sharing sex as just that and tossing aside the sub/dom dynamic altogether, etc.

Confident badass females!
tumblr_nkbzp6MDLI1tk22j8o1_500.gif
In short, I'm looking for partners who'll play strong-minded, adventurous, confident, capable Action Girls with fire in their hearts. Ladies who will challenge and be challenged by MC as rivals/friends/lovers in a positive fashion [iron sharpening iron to make each other better], rather than a negative one [each looking to degrade/destroy and ruin each other].) Some specific archetypes I love seeing partners play:

Non-toxic romance and relationships!
11ca202c5627a03ab77826a5a5507348--meme-maker-fun-cards.jpg
Wholesome, loving fluff where the characters have a healthy and generally positive union, they mutually support each other, and living happily isn't the same thing as living boringly? I'm game for that. A rivals-turned-partners where the heat of said rivalry extends to their love life? I'm game for that too.

Female-led relationships!
5XnPTuX93M.jpg
Pairings where the female is the more assertively/aggressively badass one who generally takes the lead, has no problem making the first move or taking charge in the bedroom and can be fiercely protective, and the guy's totally fine with that. (That said, I wouldn't be playing the male as some painfully helpless/pathetic mess.)

Gentle, loving/seductive femdom!
3FxT2ZGehP.png
Femdom devoid of abuse, degradation/emasculation, humiliation or negativity. The female's satisfaction is contingent on mutual desire and bliss, built upon a healthy, equally loving and respectful relationship. (Naturally, I'd love to combine this with the above entry. ;)) MC would have no problem falling to his knees and worshipping his partner from head to toe. It wouldn't be so much about the male "submitting" as it is about him pleasing the female, stroking her uppish prideful desires while satisfying some of his own.

Clean footplay-particularly craving!
FGDO5pP4Ct.gif
Foot worship, massaging/caressing, footjobs, licking, kissing, toe sucking...basically, the male character giving focused attention to a female character's bare or nylon/pantyhose-covered legs and feet. I'd want this to be something both partners are comfortable with and genuinely enjoy: Sexy teasing between lovers (or rivals), a welcome extension of foreplay and general body worship in fully savoring the female form, an exploration of something new that the recipient finds to be very much to their liking...that sort of thing. Not interested in unhygienic/gross feet, or having footplay be used to degrade/humiliate/abuse someone and make them "less than".

Battle couples!
f7g0yMN5Bf.png
Two equally/complimentarily-skilled badasses who love each other, challenge/motivate each other to be the best version of themselves, and (most importantly) always have each other's back. Yesssssss. (That said, this doesn't automatically mean the couple has to be virtuous.)

Domme dissonance!
EnUUvHHYC8.jpg
A dynamic where MC is ordinarily subordinate to YC, yet they maintain the pretense of their original power dynamic in the bedroom (such as MC calling her "Miss/Boss/Empress" even as she's at his mercy).

Rough loving passion (with general consideration for the other party as the governing philosophy)!
passion-love.gif
Biting, whipping, scratching, Interplay of Sex and Violence, fight-fucking, electric toys, Destructo-Nookie...I'm fine with these elements as long as sensual aftercare (if needed) are involved. Pounding someone into the mattress—or against a wall—without treating them as a worthless slut or fucktoy is the key here.

Erotic peril and damsel-in-distress kink/play with a campy Saturday morning villain cartoon feel!
giphy.webp
I'd want to maintain a tongue-in-cheek—even sweet—vibe where the male "inflicts" pleasure on the "distressed damsel" to tease and (enjoyably) please her into submission. Copious caresses, kissing, fondling, blindfolds, ropes (especially if the bonds have special qualities, such as psychoactives, weakening, electricity, or otherwise supplementary effects due to being bound), spanking, teasing-and-denial, strip-teasing, ladies in lingerie/dresses, sensory play, gentle domination, possible use of sex toys, forced orgasms, forcibly-given pleasure, aftercare and seduction...that sort of thing. Not looking for "bad ends" or scenarios with a genuinely non-con/"rapey" vibe (the female character sincerely hating the experience or being brutalized/"broken" into compliance.

⭐ MAYBES ⭐

we-can-discuss-that-we-can-talk-about-it.gif
⭐ CNC play and consensual feigned resistance
⭐ 3+ penetration
⭐ Anal sex (MC receiving)
⭐ Heavy bondage
⭐ 50s housewife aesthetic (partner character)
⭐ Pegging (MC receiving)
⭐ Prostitution
⭐ Light weaponplay
⭐ Forcibly given pleasure
⭐ Transgender females (partner character)
⭐ Unusual semen
⭐ Ladies with cocks
⭐ Voyeurism
⭐ Somnophilia/sleepy sex

Lighthearted forced pleasure/orgasms?
A scenario where the female is teased and (mutually enjoyably) pleasured into submission, it being an enjoyable—even eye-opening—experience for her. At best, I'm open to a dare between willing rivals, or something where explorative teasing and surprising pleasure is the endgame. This is the closest I'll go to doing dub-con. The woman being annoyed, snarky and aggravated about the situation is fine. Her totally and sincerely hating the experience, or being brutalized/tortured/"broken" into compliance? Not fine.

⭐ OFFS ⭐

tenor.gif
⭐ Characters under 21
⭐ Non-con and rape
⭐ Lines and scenarios where "asshole vs. asshole" is the main conflict
⭐ Virginity (both as a fetish and as a plot focus)
⭐ Innocent naïve ingenues
⭐ Passive, helpless damsels-in-perpetual-distress
⭐ "Pillow princess" submissives
⭐ Emasculation and degradation
⭐ Bimbofication
⭐ Infidelity
⭐ Shaming or bashing "vanilla sex"
⭐ Fetishizing/glamourizing/romanticizing trauma or abuse

Grimdark.
Aggressively "dark" and angst/tragedy-driven lines focused on hyper-cynical and nihilistic self-seriousness, bad ends or general toxicity. Existence is 24/7 Dickensian-level suck and brutal systemic oppression, every display of altruism invariably lays the foundation for future cynical treachery or horrific atrocity, virtually everyone's a loathsome barely functional pile of desensitized sociopathic assholery, and mercy, hope and emotional attachment are actively sneered at--or constantly punished--by the setting and writer's narrative choices.

Sex negativism.
H86x48QBUD.jpg
Situations where sex is frequently portrayed as an intrinsically corrupting/sinister/evil act, a vindictive punishment, a degrading/manipulative power play, or a miserable begrudgingly-endured obligation.

Raceplay.
Racial stereotypes and anything associated with romanticizing/eroticizing racism or themes of "racial superiority".

Discrimination.
I'm not looking to have any form of discrimination (racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, etc.) be romanticized, glamourized, fetishized or normalized in a line.

Femdom (cruel or hateful).
Femdom centered around sadism, genital violence/abuse (CBT, castration, ballbusting, etc.), emasculation, sissification, or having the male character be degraded/humiliated and stripped of his self-worth. Leave all that stuff at the door, please.

Aggressively antagonistic/miserable/desensitized "2darkntortured4u!" edgelords who lovvvvve their pain.
QB6iEDpNMn.jpg

Female un-friendly sexuality.
Settings and situations where a woman who enjoys sex on her own terms is invariably punished, lessened in status, brutally humiliated/degraded or raped to "learn a lesson/learn her place".

Toxic relationships with a victim-and-victimizer vibe.
Relationships built on a foundation of serial betrayal, romanticized abuse, hateful/cynical dickishness and concentrated emotional sadomasochism, where one character regularly dehumanizes/humiliates/degrades their partner and takes their pleasure at said partner's expense.

Filth and general grossness.
"Slobby" characters, bad hygiene, graphic/extended torture, gore, bodily secretions, STDs, anything that is expelled through an ass, and anything that belongs in a toilet or biohazard waste container. (Sweat's fine, but let's assume characters have showered within the past few hours.)

Mind control and creepy coercive trickery.
Brainwashing, hypnosis, overriding magical or psychic compulsions that subvert/remove free will, impaired awareness due to being drugged or stumbling drunk, and anything that alters a character's right mind.

Last edited:
2 | WRITING SAMPLES (REGULAR)

WRITING SAMPLES

free-samples-yas.gif

• Writing Sample 1 | Supernatural Fantasy
    Scene-Setting Music: "Super Mario 64-Ultimate Bowser Epic Orchestral Cover" (T.L.B. Orchestration)​

dbwmo1l-3c132ff0-26ab-43fa-ac3b-6de5aaeb66da.jpg
    It had taken quite a while, taken a bit more effort than he had liked, but it had finally happened. Sitting on his throne, a glass of wine in his hand, the ebon-skinned archdevil Iblis lightly sipped from it as he watched a large bed-like platform appear from the darkness. The figure lying prone on the bed, who would likely be waking up within mere moments, had been glanced at covetously by his generals, reflecting respect and more than a hint of naked jealousy for his magnificent prize. This was no regular woman he had bested in combat, had captured and brought to this palace of crystal and shadow. This was the feared and vaunted High Priestess Princess Candala, one of the most powerful mortal servants of the Lords of Good.

He had little need to read the auras of the E and D-class youma to know what they would enjoy doing to the raven-haired woman; simple-minded creatures such as they were ruled by their lusts and animalistic natures. But this priestess...both a heroine of justice and a priestess to boot; purity radiated from her like heat from a star. Red eyes closed as the plot he had in mind reverberated in his head. Once she awakened, he'd see for himself just how 'pure' this woman was. For after all, the brightest lights often cast the darkest shadows.

As if on command, as the glass of wine was sipped once more, the beauty began to stir. It spoke well that her expression changed from sleepy confusion to fierce defiance in a heartbeat, a holy word on the tip of her tongue and body alight with divine energy.
    "Stay your hand, priestess." A thin smile graced the man's face, a face that was perfectly human save for his bright golden eyes. Turning to the chattering demons around him, many hungrily gazing at his captive, one snap of his fingers had them disperse. Though some rumbled discontentedly that they wouldn't see their lord destroy one of their greatest enemies, their respect and fear of his power far outweighed any minor indignation. Within a few moments, it was only he and the fiery nemesis within that 'room', dark purple flame providing just enough light for them to see each other clearly. There was no need to read her mind; the questions were clear enough in her eyes.

"You are in my personal domain; thus, your spiritual flames are...suppressed by the darkness. And to presume the second, I have little desire to kill you. If I had," here Iblis glanced at the woman with a wry toothy grin, "you would have been the first to know."

Rising from his throne, the arch devil prowled close to the glaring woman. "As for my desired endgame...hmm." That low rumble echoed through the seemingly endless hall, his boots clacking as he approached the baleful princess. Placing himself on the massive bed, one hand caressed the unearthly rich scarlet silk as the other stroked his chin pensively.

"I would consider it more a service, than a desire. It is, simply put...to expose you to truth, priestess." That quiet smile never left his face as he moved even closer to the brown-eyed woman, smelling something spicy and utterly intoxicating. Small wonder the lower-class demons were chomping at the bit to get at her, beyond mere vengeance at the goddess she swore herself to. "I'm going to free you up, and reveal your true self."

His clawed fingers caressed her cheek gently, teasingly. "I assure you this will be quite an enlightening evening for us both."

• Writing Sample 2 | Medieval Fantasy
    Scene-Setting Music: "Ramirez's Theme" (Skies of Arcadia)​

HxO5wy5Sls.jpg
    The hoarse pleas for water, light—for death—went unregarded; long experience taught Veil to not acknowledge such whimperings. Unconsciously, one black-gloved hand gripped the hilt of his ever-present longsword, both as a personal comfort and a public warning to those whose tongues would slip along with their minds. Veil far preferred a clean, quick death. Swift and painless deliverance to whatever god his target prayed to held much greater mercy than throwing them into a bleak tomb to die in squalor, torture and solitude. Even better for a man to die unjustly yet swiftly and receive peace in the Heavens than to justly suffer for years, lingering on in this world with no hope of sampling its delights ever again.

This grim place brought little joy to his heart; confining people to wither away in the oppressive darkness, forgotten yet not allowed to fall into death's embrace. Living...no, existing knowing that every day spent here was one away from the light, from the loved ones and family whose hearts were undoubtedly scarred or broken from their fellow's fate. For out of the hundreds of men and women that have been placed in this particular prison over the centuries, only a literal handful received clemency. The rest were condemned to lingering deaths, their names and deeds erased from the histories at best, their entire family slain for "being complicit in enabling treachery" at worst.

Steel eyes surveyed the meticulously clean halls, the bleak gray stone, guttering flame and chill in the air a perfect match for the ominous surroundings. Unlike mundane prisons, where the typical criminal would do penance for their sins then be--eventually--released back into the world, this prison contained traitors of considerable power whose crimes were against king and country. Because the majority of prisoners were demonologists and others of great sorcerous power, special methods were taken in the prison's construction, the least of which being the very material blunting all magic save those with the royal blessing. Combined with seasoned knights trained in neutralizing and countering many common magics, clerics able to reveal—or tear—the truth from liars and torturers that operate with an artist’s eye and templar’s conviction, and it was no wonder that many here pleaded for immediate execution or attempted suicide. The latter occurred often enough in the past that a small legion of skilled white mages revivify those attempting to speed on their demise, to later receive a proper lesson in pain from the torturers. There would be no escape from the proper justice.

Yet, a tiny part of him couldn't help but notice that, once bereft of their magic, more than a few arrogant sorceresses, haughty devil cultists and prideful mages fell into despair, offering false information on royal conspirators or more...personal favors in exchange for freedom. Once torn away from whatever divine, fey, infernal or abyssal force powered their magic, a surprising number crumbled, reduced to pitiful wretches willing to betray their former allies—even families—for their own survival. (Not that such a thing was restricted to magic-wielders alone, of course.) The Slayer of Domiel knew such thoughts required sincere confession to a priest once his business here was concluded, but he lightly reveled in confirmation of a long-held belief...

Magic was as much a crutch as it as a tool.

• Writing Sample 3 | High Fantasy
    Scene-Setting Music: "Dark Egyptian Music-Mists of Egypt" (Fantasy & World Music by the Fiechters)​

b8a7e41e1d517424c0901e9b2b092395.jpg
    Though merely a crescent moon this night, its light from high above shone over the desert kingdom like a freshly minted coin, a blanket of night and twinkling stars wrapping itself above the city and the people within. Below in the surrounding towns, lights began to flicker out as families tucked their children into warm safe beds, the day's tasks brought to a close. The soldiers quietly walked through the sandy streets; aside from those seeking to roister in pubs and alleys—not to mention those seeking more personal entertainments with a madam's ladies—the streets were calm and peaceful. Even the royal guards within the castle, men and women sworn to the protection of the Sultan and Royal Family, felt their edge blunted this night by the refreshingly warm air and tranquility. In short, there was no need for concern or worries, vigilance able to be relaxed if just for one night.

It only made things blessedly easier for the young man currently prowling through the marbled halls.

Making it to the Princess's private bedchambers, Lucien placed one gloved hand on the door, only to swiftly draw it back with a wince. While it seemed she temporarily disarmed the silent alarm spells, the wards were still in place; even with enchanted gloves and a moment's contact, it felt like he had touched lightning. Small wonder there were no guards; any solid contact would reduce a would-be assassin to ash without disturbing the royal slumber. Fortunately, though the mage taught everything she currently knew about warding and protective magics, he hadn’t even come close to teaching her everything he did. This he swiftly proved by pulling out a long raven strand of hair, plucked from Isis’s head during her swordplay lesson (or really his, since she was the Blademaster; that hair had nearly cost him a hand). Having a personal item was essential for a tracking charm, and the spell he had in mind he calculated would be strong enough to place him right next to the Sultan’s daughter.

Normally sedate robes of blue with a dash of silver were replaced with richly crafted robes of deep crimson, stitched golden flames dancing amidst obsidian that literally swirled as if the fire was real. A quick glance at a silver mirror before the teleportation cast a reflection of the archetypal evil sorcerer from childrens' tales, seeking to corrupt and ruin all at the command of his infernal lords. Since Isis wanted this to be authentic--and peering at the door to ensure she wasn't in hearing--the brown-eyed male gave a practice evil laugh.

"Hm hm hmm...feh."

The would-be dark mage sighed. That just sounded odd. It lacked true villainy, like a child half-remembering a particularly jaunty tune. He tried again.

"Hyoh hyoh!"

His reflection looked cross. Still no good. The rough textured croak was more fitting a thirsty hag than a malevolent sorcerer. And what inspired him to go "hyoh"? This time, he took a deep breath, drawing in from the gut for a true try.

"HA HA HA HA HA!!"

Lucian nodded in approval. That was a laugh. Powerful and confident, with just enough cackle to show he was a bit unbalanced and seriously dangerous, but not enough to make him utterly insane.

Muttering a chant to have his hands and body wrapped in thick obscuring black mist, the newly minted diabolist appeared right in front of the startled royal. Lucien fixed a wicked smile on his face, eyes raking Isis up and down in a shamelessly lascivious manner (an effect slightly blunted by the hot blush on his cheeks). While he may have been the sorcerer, it was the Sultan's daughter who was hotter than the desert. Immediately getting into his role, the mage schooled his lips into a smug grin, his tone feigning offense as he stepped forward.
    "It is very late, Princess Isis. And the guards sworn to your safety have all gone. Do you not know the threat of the night, or do you simply choose to ignore it in hopes bored diabolists decide to visit?"

• Writing Sample 4 | Modern-Day
    Scene-Setting Music: "A Cup of Coffee" (DJ Okawari)​

modern-apartment-smart-glass-wall-130718-152-01-800x481.jpg

"I say you don't need a thing from foreign countries!
    Here's your coffee, Bert!
    Coffee?! Ha ha ha ha..."

Every Thursday afternoon, Marcel St. Croix had a ritual that had been taking place for three years running. From 3:30 to 5 PM, he would just sit in his apartment suite, bathing in the sunlight as one of his favorite songs filled the air. In a world increasingly interconnected, where privacy was fast becoming a luxury even billionaires couldn't afford, sometimes you just needed to get away. And while he was fairly well-off, he wasn't could have a vacation on the drop of a dime well-off, so this was his method. His cell phone was switched off, his desktop computer closed; even his flat-screen TV was switched off so as to not intrude upon this refreshing of body and spirit. It was just the writer, his thoughts, his pad (in case inspiration hit) and his stereo playing smooth tunes. Odd and eccentric? Perhaps. But in a society where eccentric was often a euphemism for deranged or asshole, it was an essentially harmless practice.

Pale green eyes glanced at the door, a dark-skinned hand waving away at the intruder (as if it could actually seen) in mental dismissal, returning to drinking his spiritual cup of coffee. Whatever it was can wait. Or so he would have thought were it not for the very familiar aristocratic voice, bone-deep exhaustion creeping through her well-kept tones.

This had to be important, given it was A) Brittney breaking through his Thursday ritual (not even she was exempt), and B) the lack of confidence in her voice. Unable to ignore, Marcel strode over to the door, unlocking it to see the slightly shorter woman waiting for him, playing with her braid. The lingering droplet from her right eye caught his attention, as did the near look of...defeat? Stepping aside to allow her to enter his apartment, his private time could wait.

"Jesus. Had a rough day?"
    There were few things that could soften Marcel's heart faster than a crying woman. Though Brittany appeared largely stoic, every bit the regal "ice queen" with the stiff upper lip, those two droplets were the equivalent of anyone else collapsing on the floor in a bitterly-sobbing heap. That she even allowed him to see that much...it was touching.

"Sit down on the couch." While the words were a request, his tone indicated he wouldn't take a no lightly. Fortunately he'd gone grocery shopping yesterday, so he could pour her a glass of ice-cold ginger ale. Pouring two glasses for them both, Marcel sat down the couch next to her, giving the blonde a compassionate smile. "I normally don't bring out the good stuff, but you need it. Tell me what's wrong."

• Writing Sample 5 | High Fantasy
    Scene-Setting Music: "For Instance, a Building Steeped in Animosity" (Bravely Default 2 OST)​

463634460c35990ac5439637925c960d.jpg

A pleasantly warm sun shone high above the realm like a freshly minted coin as a blanket of crystal blue wrapped itself above the castle and the people within. Below in the surrounding villages, lights began to flicker on as families tucked their children into warm safe beds, the day's tasks coming to a close. The soldiers and knights quietly walked through the cobblestone streets; aside from those seeking to roister in pubs and alleys—not to mention those seeking more personal entertainments with a madam's ladies—the streets were calm and peaceful. Off in the distance within the royal palace, the Templar Knights—those royal guards sworn utterly to the protection of their Emperor and royal family—felt their edge blunted this day by the refreshingly warm air and tranquility. With the great wars at an end and peace established among the Seven Kingdoms, there was little concern for outbreak of conflict. Even three decades on, none of the Seven wished to break the peace, lest they risk the combined vengeance—and assured destruction—at the hands of all six of their neighbors.

It was a peace the sorcerer-merchant Aliste savored, warm purple eyes gazing at the various islands below through a tower window. From his position, an archer with a keen eye could have had a clear shot of him if resting atop one of the thick platinum-white walls in the morning’s light. The eerie radiance was partially one of several powerful—and subtle—security enchantments placed by the tower's lord. Any would-be assassin attempting to ascend the tower walls would only get a little over halfway up before a blinding flash melted their climbing equipment and dispelled any magical flight on their person, giving them only seconds to pray to whatever god would have them before hitting the ground far below. The treasures within his domain, both material gems and magical artifacts, were said to rival the hoard of an ancient dragon; thieves throughout the land solemnly swore on their mothers that merely a handful would guarantee an entire family’s fortune for at least three generations. Privately, the mage found such tales overblown--doubtlessly by bards looking to impress audiences rather than espouse fact--but oddly flattering; everyone liked to feel a bit important. Being one of the most influential mystical merchants in the Seven Kingdoms had to have some advantages, after all.

There were just as many tales of would-be robbers attempting to help themselves to his goods. Most of Aliste’s wards were enchanted merely to chastise thieves and leave them with empty pockets, destroyed tools, and painfully bruised egos. Other mystical defenses were set up to banish thieves; those few with the wisdom—and skill—to attempt teleporting into his tower swiftly found themselves chest deep in the unspeakably vile Bog of Eternal Stench several miles away. And, if necessary, the mage's magical wards could easily be used for more lethal effect. As he reasoned while sipping a cup of cocoa, those aware of their existence and attempting to ply the cross-trade anyhow were either dangerously ignorant (making them a severe danger to all around them), dangerously arrogant, or purely dangerous (and their undeniably-sinister intentions needed to be quashed to maintain the peace). Even as he favored diplomacy in dealing with others, far preferring to use his magic for protective purposes rather than offense (thus why he chose residence in a tower where clientele could come to him), Aliste privately acknowledged it was far easier to maintain such a stance having the power of an archmage at his fingertips. There was also, of course, the mile-long list of favors owed him, from powerful princes to humble farmers, he could call upon if necessary. Knowing that a powerful mage was in the neighborhood tended to make most villains and cutthroats try their luck elsewhere, even though he rarely had to intervene personally. (Reputation truly had its own magic.) An entire knightly order, let alone some common rogue, stood a snowball's chance in Hell against all of that.

Of course, there was more to power than raw might. Those who walked the shadowy path of the rogue had their own proverbial saints and legends. To them, such a place was a treasure house ripe for the plucking. Beyond just the material gain, the gleaming tower of white and gold stood in quiet defiance...a challenge that they could not help but see bested. And as the old saying went, too bright a shine often drew eyes of envy.

It all seemed too quiet. That unspoken awareness, one which had saved his life on more than one occasion, was alert even as Aliste lazily sipped from his cup. With such a calm, warm spring day as this, even he found it hard to remain truly vigilant. That was the danger; as his soldier mother would describe it, it was too quiet for sleeping. Then, that well-honed awareness kicked in moments before a silent alarm pinged in his room.

Someone had broken into the tower far below.

The black-haired mage continued to enjoy the fragrant mid-morning breeze, mentally activating some non-lethal traps to greet the uninvited guest. That they made it through the basic wards at all indicated they were either somewhat seasoned, or merely blessed with inordinate luck. Either way, grudging admiration--and more than a touch of curiosity--colored Aliste's thoughts. Who would attempt to steal from him this time? What cutpurse or gutter mage had the reckless bravery, the nerve…indeed, the brass balls required to think him a suitable mark?

Last edited:
3 | WRITING SAMPLES (POKEMON)

WRITING SAMPLES (POKEMON)

a31b393458eb8c169ff3fee75a329c82.gif

• tumblr_inline_ovw3gy4u0M1u19mha_500.gif

Outside Cafe
    Scene-Setting Music: "Hyrule Castle Courtyard" (Legend of Zelda-Ocarina of Time)​

The outdoor café was full of trainers and Pokémon alike, so there was little notice of a chubby-cheeked, cream-furred squirrel gracefully alighting on one of the fences. He lightly sniffed the air in anticipation; after having missed breakfast and facing a pink-haired fighter named Maylene in an impromptu sparring battle—he could blame that battle-crazed Bisharp for challenging her Lucario—he was starving. Something...rather, some things smelled exquisite, but it was a sweet flaky aroma that drew his attention. He was going to get a sample before his master and the others showed up.

The squirrel took to the skies, lazily floating on the breeze towards the aroma's source. A few moments of looking around, and his eyes locked onto a small pastry, oozing with vanilla frosting and what appeared to be a red—mmm, strawberry—filling. Fresh from the oven, he could tell from the still light trail of steam. And the redhead at the table was too busy eating and daydreaming to even notice.

A sly smile on his innocent face, he landed on a polished street lamp and steeled himself. It had been so long, and he couldn't help a momentary walk down the path of nostalgia. A smooth downward descent from the lamp to the table, and a quicker Aerial Ace-powered escape would do the trick; he'd be in and out in a flash if timed right. It had been a while since he engaged in his first great love, but the Emolga knew he could shake off the dust. And besides, surely she wouldn't mind contributing to a Pokémon’s health by offering one of those desserts...

• giphy.gif

Pokémon League Tournament (Before the Final Round)
    Scene-Setting Music: "Android 17's Theme [Orchestral Arrangement]" (PokeMixr92)​

"Well ladies and gentlemen, what can I tell you?" the announcer spoke. From her vantage point, a petite blonde and her Pidgeot swept throughout the arena, quivering in a fever pitch for the battle to come. "This tournament has been a roller coaster of twists, turns and thrills! Friends become rivals, rivals become partners...even partners becoming partners!" Doubtless anyone would forget how that Biker pecked her Rich Girl tag team partner on the lips, or how the latter had dipped her down for a proper kiss that nearly melted what remained of the ice field. "But like all good rides, we've reached the end of the line! By the end of this final match, we'll know who truly is the #1! Let's hear it, everyone!"

Her enthusiasm was infectious, a roar of excitement and anticipation tearing from the throat of every onlooker that an Exploud would have envied. Most trainers would not have been able to even hear themselves think from nervousness, let alone focus. But this trainer was not like most; rather than attempt to dispel the bout of nerves, the young man embraced it. It kept his wits sharp and him living in the moment, and he knew every bit of his skill and ability would be required in this next battle. A deep breath calmed him as he remembered one key fact. If he let up on the gas even slightly, tripped up for a second, then his rival would devour him for breakfast.

He found himself looking forward to it as he stepped out into the blinding lights, drinking in the screams. Another chapter to add in the long-running epic between them, one traveling across years and regions alike.

◓ ◓ ◓ ◓ ◓ ◓ ◓ ◓

The road of becoming a great Pokémon trainer is one that demands a burning spirit and unquenchable drive. Every expert trainer, Gym Leader and Elite—from the swaggering and boisterous Lt. Surge to the quiet and gentle Salon Maiden Anabel, fiery Flint to the ice-cold Prima—share these qualities in their own ways. As in any field, whether it involved Pokémon or was something more conventional, desire was the necessity that separates the lazy dreamer content to be “adequate” from the skilled expert who wants to be “the best (s)he can be”.

Along that road, it would be impossible to come across fellow trainers with their own dreams; in many cases, rivalries would blossom between them. Some were born out of friendship, two kindred spirits dueling out of respect and the desire to test each other’s devotion to their dream. Others blossomed out of bitter shame, the winner’s utter domination of the loser fueling the latter to improve and avenge the brutal loss. Only by returning the favor and tying the score, in the eyes of many young trainers, is honor regained (though whether it was truly lost is up for debate) and one’s reputation restored. Still more proved the old saying of familiarity breeding contempt, or at least annoyance. The trainers share a near identicality of training styles and philosophies on Pokémon save for one major difference; the conflict stems from the desire to prove whose view is right. Moreover, there are many rivalries born not from such high-minded values, but from intense mutual disdain. Using their Pokémon more as tools of war than sentient beings, both trainers hunger to prove their dominance, preferably in a totally decisive manner that leaves no doubt to them—and any witnesses to the battle—who is the butch and who is the bitch.

Whether it is a bond formed of friendship or bitterness, respect or hatred, rivalries can change a trainer’s life in ways never imagined. It can push one trainer to new levels of skill to keep pace with someone who always seems a step ahead, or force one to discard excuses and justifications in defeat. And sometimes, the very thing one despises in a rival can be reflected in the mirror, highlighting character traits for good or ill. Nevertheless, regardless, one thing is undeniably true.

It is in the choice of one’s rivals that a Trainer truly finds himself.

• froslass-pok%C3%A9mon-froslass.gif

Field in a Park, Goldenrod City
    Scene-Setting Music: "Theme of Black Knight" (Tactics Ogre Reborn)​

As one trainer sought to begin her journey in a strange land, another was knee deep in conflict. Thick blankets of freezing snow washed over a lone knightly Gallade, who—living up to his name—refused to succumb to the bone-slicing chill. The source of it came from his ivory-wrapped enemy, the Froslass's yellow and red eyes glinted cruelly as she intensified the arctic blast. The merciless winds of winter enveloped them both, as the scene itself did the appreciable audience. The younger onlookers were almost spellbound at the artistry before them; though the day was rather warm and the hint of salt in the area clear proof they were seaside, they could easily feel the terrible chill, see the endless ice, arctic tundra and rapidly rising snow that threatened to engulf the Fighting/Psychic type. The illusion took incredible effect, and even those who had been skeptical at first couldn't easily turn away from the sight before them.

Just as the bespectacled storyteller wanted. The cheers of an audience and the laughter of children may feed his heart and soul, but actual food was needed to keep him from falling out. Though from the hat being passed around courtesy of his Geodude, a hat growing ever more bulbous from the audience donations, that wouldn't be occurring anytime soon. Good thing too; the whole 'starving artist' shtick was cliche, even for him, and Coordinators did pride themselves on some level of style.

On silent cue, a thick cloud of icy Mist rolled from the Froslass's phantasmal arms, engulfing her body and obscuring her from the vision of all around her. Violet energy surrounding her—thanks to a well-used Ominous Wind—turned the fog into a cyclone, the winds howling and blowing with a truly inspired ferocity. Floating above her opponent, the twister then moved to envelop the 'knight', hoping to freeze him to his bones. As befitting such a warrior, the Gallade summoned psychic force through a sword arm to neatly cut through the biting cloud so it went on either side of him. The tree to his right was not so lucky, the imposing oak turning a stark blue from treetop to trunk before crackling into nothingness. Such a powerful illusion was it that a formerly disinterested Super Nerd stumbled backwards, momentarily convinced he'd just evaded death by an inch.

"So, brave warrior," 'spoke' the Froslass from within her icy cyclone, the malice in her voice more piercing than any winter cold. Anyone who turned to the far right would have seen the green-haired human's lips moving, obviously providing the voice for this scene. "You refuse power, riches, and even immortal glory. What do you strive for? For what reason do you challenge me?"

His arms folded in front of him to protect against the devastating wave, icicles forming on the blade arms as he was slowly pushed back. Even as he struggled, the Gallade's response rang out like a bell, the 'voice' strained but sternly resolute. "I fight for those unable to protect themselves, witch! Honor, respect, valor...concepts you would never understand even if you lived for another thousand years."

Though a few older and more cynical audience members rolled their eyes at the mini-speech, the Froslass's response was much less restrained.
    "A touching speech, but disappointing you chose those as your last words." The Ice/Ghost-type's 'voice' dripping with contempt as the twister swirled around him, the Froslass screeched amidst the howling winds. "May they keep you company in your grave!"

A shining light formed within to blind the Gallade to her next move, the Flash bursting to keep even the audience off balance. The air rang out with what sounded like hundreds of swords being drawn from sheathes, the Ice/Ghost-type's smile heralding a dangerous turn. The younger audience members couldn't help but gasp as dozens of icicles formed from her Ice Shard technique floated around the steely warrior's body, a wicked taunt. Sword arms swung out to protect himself as the Gallade saw the killing glow in her eyes. Each crystalline spear looked keener than a razor, each pointing at the blade Pokémon with a deadly intent; just two or three would be enough to inflict a fatal wound.

"Watch out!" one young girl shouted in warning, her Ponyta shuddering from the cool and what was to come.

An older woman nodded in admiration as, beside the little girl sat her older Biker brother, looking forward to see just how—or at this point, if—the Gallade would survive this attack. "The kid's not too shabby." Not too bad for the price of a few bucks.

The boy couldn't help but smirk at the command they had. Almost every eye in that crowd was watching them, drawn into the tale of life and death with but a few words and the skillful use of technique. This was the power of a Coordinator...no, of a Bard, one he would never want to lose.

• aef33fe6a9e6b957d58fb3cc25353f07.jpg

Hearthome City, Sinnoh Region
    Scene-Setting Music: "Theme of the Deadly Six" (Sonic Lost World OST)​

Though the morning was brisk, a lavender-haired male's eyes burned with anticipation and excitement. Even with overly curious Weedle and Rattata scurrying about, nothing was going to ruin his streak of good luck. Everything was set in place. It was a fairly classic Team Rocket ruse, one he—after having watched it be worked in multiple cities over three different regions—had mentally worked down to a science.
    1. Set up shop on a path. Simple in theory, but experience taught him the most fruitful spots were those regularly used by trainers but not adjacent to a Pokémon Center. (Even the most softhearted Nurse Joy or thickheaded Officer Jenny would notice a sudden uptick of injured Pokémon.) And if it was close enough to a Gym to entice recent Badge recipients high off of victory, or offer the chance of good training (or merely avenging a loss) for losers, so much the better.

2. Have some low-level grunts bait the trap. This, too, demanded some degree of thought. While having some Ace Trainers increased the odds of gaining truly exceptional Pokémon, several high-level experts popping out of nowhere would get all sorts of ill-needed attention. But using just low-level trainers was worse: The vastly larger payout was negated by the Pokémon being third-rate at best...even if it had a hidden benefit in drawing out candidates with a ferocious streak.

3. Offer wandering trainers to test their strength. This was the easiest part by far; most trainers were too cocky to allow a challenge to their skill go unanswered. Of course, some were hesitant, too concerned about their creatures' wellbeing; stressing it was merely friendly competition, along with implying a lack of faith in their Pokémon, usually took care of that. And where appeals to ego failed, potential financial gain more than succeeded.

4. Profit. Those who failed the challenge weren't worthy of further attention; as far as he was concerned. Only those that successfully ran the gauntlet were given the pitch: Join Team Rocket and be part of something big. Money, power, rare Pokémon...all these and more offered on a silver platter, which was often enough to blind the greedy and naive. As for the few trainers too stubborn or foolish to accept...well, facing several opponents consecutively without rest could tax even seasoned trainers, let alone the greenhorns that usually traveled this path.

"Cody, head's up." Pulling her hazel eyes away from her binoculars, from within the safety of a large bush, a cheery Lass spied a figure in the distance walking their way. "Looks like we've finally got some company. Got any more space in that bag?"

Pushing his shades up his nose, hair as green as the foliage around them, the addressed Rocket Commander grinned. "I’m sure we can make some room." The grin soured slightly as he added, "Provided Carter and those two idiots don't screw this up."

"They won't if they enjoy breathing unassisted." Three rapid, high-pitched Pidgey chirps was the signal. Whoever this was, they would encounter the trio of Grunts—though sacrificial Mareeps was more accurate in Melissa's mind—further up the road. Her hazel eyes narrowed in anticipation. It was time for those three pathetic wannabes to either put up, or shut up…

◓ ◓ ◓ ◓ ◓ ◓ ◓ ◓

LdRJ.gif

His gaze focused on the path ahead, visions of glory had endlessly replayed in Carter's head with Oscar-worthy detail. He couldn’t wait to see the jaw-dropping awe Cody and Melissa would display as he dragged back a massive sack stuffed to the brim with Poke Balls! Watching Shawn and Lily—those two pompous Senior Grunts—burn with jealous venom as he took his rightful seat at the Executives Table would be delicious. Truckloads of wealth, a private corner office, powerful Pokémon available at the snap of his fingers, his own personal army of Grunts who'd hang on his every word and obey his every command.
    Soon, we'll be the ones calling the shots! the purple-haired Grunt blissfully daydreamed. Soon, we'll be the ones running the show--

"Arceus, Carter, this is borrr-ing!"

His daydreams rudely shattered, Carter turned to his left. A disgruntled Jr. Trainer groaned loudly before plopping down on the grass; his mop of sunny blonde curls a direct contrast to his currently pessimistic mood, he gave an annoyed glance at the purple-haired male. "This was supposed to be an easy ticket to being Team Rocket big shots! We've been here all morning and haven't made a single score!"

"Quit griping, Francis!” Carter sourly frowned, convinced Cody and Melissa could hear every word from their hiding place. Whining was hardly a good look for a would-be Executive. “If you put as much effort locating marks as you do styling your hair, we'd be on Easy Street and Paid Boulevard right now. This is our last shot to show we're Commander material! We can't blow this!”

"But Francis has a point," a second surprisingly cultured voice asserted. Having tossed aside his net a few minutes earlier, the burlier Bug Catcher sulked in disappointment. "We've not seen so much as a shadow of a trainer in the past hour. This morning has been nothing but an exercise in futility." As if on cue, his stomach lightly rumbled. "And in hunger, too."

"Preach, Jeremy!" Francis added indignantly. "We didn't even get a breakfast bar before being sent out here! What kinda outfit does that?!”

Jeremy looked backwards longingly where the two Commanders were expertly concealed, taking their ease and watching their performance while the luckless trio toughed it out under the sun's harsh unforgiving glare. (That it was a refreshingly cool late morning was more accurate but removed the melodrama; it was the principle of the matter.) "Perhaps this debacle is the universe indicating Team Rocket isn't our destiny—"

"Will you two stop whining?!" Carter snapped, cutting through further complaints. His lavender hair whipped back and forth as he addressed them both. “Listen to me; nothing worthwhile in life is easy to get! Team Rocket's a top-level organization that's known all over the world! They only accept the best of the best, the creme de la creme! If we throw in the towel every time things get tough, we'll never be anything more than grunts!” A borderline-inspirational speech, though it was being used to motivate small-time crooks. Lightly glaring at his compatriots, Carter continued. "If we go back to Cody empty-handed, we'll be lucky if we don't get latrine duty for the next decade!"

Carter's eyes reflected fear as he brought up a far more pressing point.
    "And what about Melissa, huh? Either of you want to tell her you're sick of doing grunt work? What do you think she'll do if we screw this up?"

A shuddering Jeremy's face paled until it matched his cream-colored vest. "Such a fate doesn't bear considering."

"Sure as heck doesn't!” Francis gulped, recalling what happened to the last idiot who incurred Melissa's wrath. “Mikey wound up in the hospital for a month after pissin' her off! Yeah he was askin' for it, grabbin' her ass like that during a meeting...but still!"

"And Michael was a Commander on equal standing with her." The Bug Catcher's stomach plummeted. "I doubt she'd extend such professional mercy to us."

"Exactly!" Carter was satisfied the point had sunk in. Returning to Cody with no obtained swag would simply guarantee they'd be lowly grunts for life. But Melissa...the brown-haired woman would insist on having a long conversation with them concerning their ineptitude. And her fists would be dominating the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom