Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Oh, the Games Gods Play... (JamiexLuna)

Jamie_the_Brown

Supernova
In time immemorial, gods have been revered... And in many cultures, there have been a celestial war. How could a war among beings omnipotent go without destroying the world which they created? What if the war took place even today? What if a treaty that has kept the world safe, what if this holy pact between man and creator is about to be breached?

"She sure does take a while," complained a thin, wiry man, legs hooked over the top of the fence as his back pressed against the criss-crossing metal itself. "Will you shut up?" droned his monotone-cursed companion, a thin, severely dressed girl with a pair of binoculars to her eyes. “I mean-“ started the man, before the girl glared at him. “Didn’t I tell you to shut up?” she asked. “Didn’t I ignore you?” asked the man cheerily. He unhooked his legs, falling to the ground into a handstand. “Let’s just goooo,” he complained, before her hand caught him across the side of his head. “No. We have to wait until she switches classes… I’d rather get her when no one is around,” she stated simply. They’d watched Athena for weeks, and had her schedule pegged… Including her taking of an old stairway down into a cobweb-riddled hallway, which was a shortcut to her next class.

As the bell began to ring, Sepht huffed. “About time,” he said. “Awaaaaay!” he cried as he leapt onto Alicia’s back, his arms and legs contorting around her thin frame. He began to meld into her back, becoming a simple leather backpack. Alicia rolled her eyes, and pushed n her contacts to hide her crimson eyes. “Let’s just get this over with,” she muttered, as she began to jog down the hill to the school door they’d destroyed the locks on the previous night. It was held closed with a bookcase now, but that would be little trouble for someone as strong as she.

The goddess of death, and the god of change, disguised as student and bag respectively, made their way through the old hallway, and onto staircase F, which Athena would be coming down any minute now…

Athena wasn't very happy today. She was always a good student. She made straight A's and she never spoke out of turn. She thought she had been flying under the radar, enough so that the other students wouldn't bother her. But that stupid delinquent had screwed her over and got her in trouble with the teacher. She wanted to help him, but he was so obvious about copying her homework that she regretted it, and sure enough the teacher caught him with her paper. She had to go to detention after school, and for some reason, the delinquent didn't even care. How could he take that slip without a change in expression?

Perhaps it wouldn't be as bad as she thought. Maybe it would be just like school. Just overtime. Yeah, that seemed to be the best way to put it. She walked absentmindedly as she thought. It was her fault, so she had to make the best of things, even if they weren't that great. If she simply behaved herself she wouldn't have any trouble with the teacher that ran detention. She began walking down the stairs, and she saw a girl she had never seen before at the bottom. She was good with faces, and since no one took this path it was strange.

She didn't mind it. Maybe they would become friends if they passed each other enough. She didn't really have any friends because the females in the school avoided her. The males only eyed her from a distance, and she could always tell that they talked about her in vulgar what vulgar ways they could.

Alicia waited patiently there, at the bottom of the steps... The door down the hall lay in shambles, and her knuckles were busted, blood forming a very small puddle at her feet. She tapped one finger on her crossed arms, humming to herself as she simply waited. She had infinite patience as a godess... but everything was so much... weaker, as a human.

As Athena finally crested the landing above her, Alicia smiled softly to herself. "Hello there," she said, taking a step toward the stairs, as her straps broke, the bookbag folding out into a fully naked human behind her. "Hi there, Athena!" he piped up cheerfully. He was an odd man, with mis-matched eyes and silvery hair. He leapt up the last few stairs, coming to stand right before her. His arms wrapped around her waist, and he jerked around, throwing her to Alicia. One hand went over Athena's mouth when she was caught, the other binding her arms behind her back as Sepht bounced on down the stairs. He reached out, humming lightly to himself as he jerked her school uniform shirt apart, buttons ricocheting off of walls and stairs. "This'll be fuuuuuuun," he said to himself with a smile as bright as day.

Athena stopped in her tracks as she heard her name. Who was this girl? Suddenly her trail of thought broke when her back pack transformed into a man. She froze, her eyes widening as she looked him up and down. What was going on? Suddenly, she was face to face with him, and then she felt her feet leave the ground. She screamed as she was tossed to the girl and was relieved when she had caught her. But that relief suddenly left her body as the man ripped off her top, leaving her in just her bra and her bottoms. Who were these people that they would dare try to rape her in the middle of the school grounds? She tried to scream, but the girl had her hand on her mouth and so she began to struggle against her binds. They had done this all rather quickly that she hadn't noticed when they had did it. These people were not human. They moved to fast to be human.

Sepht merely grinned at the half-naked demigoddess, reaching out to grasp one of her breasts with a stark white hand. “Come onnnn… You’re going to like this,” he said, as he reached down to her pants. As his length hardened, he started to pull them down, humming to himself. Alicia rolled her eyes. “Just get on with it or I’ll find a broom and do it myself,” she snapped at him. “Oh hush, can’t I enjoy myself?” he asked, grinning widely.

“No,” came a voice from just up the stairs. Nathan Vale… He was known as one of the school’s star athletes, a genius when it came to… well, just about everything, particularly history. He was also one of the more quiet members of the student body, certainly a model student. “Oh, poo,” Sepht said, as he turned about, looking up the stairs. “Say, is that –you- Horion? It’s been for-“ he started, before Nathan’s foot, which had only moments ago left the landing above, smashed into his face. Sepht stumbled back, his face open, looking quite like a can split open. This went even further by his head turning into, in fact, metal. “Run, Athena,” he said, as Alicia let her go. Her hand glowed a sickly green as she reached for Nathan. His skin melted away as he brought his right arm up, revealing pure metal beneath. Clearly, he wasn’t the only one who wasn’t fully human. “RUN!” he yelled, looking back to Athena as he parried Alicia’s next attempt on him.

As goddess of death, it was no surprise that on her hands rode a killing energy.

Athena had nearly lost all hope before she heard Nathan's voice. He moved with the same speed as the other two and she was once again stunned, especially when she saw the naked mans face. She nearly fainted. However, she heard his second command to run, and thats what she did. She nearly stumbled because her skirt was still at her ankles, but she quickly recovered and ran into a nearby storage closet under the stairs and shut the door before locking it. Afterwards, she backed away and stared at the door.

Outside the storage closet, the sounds of battle continued, including the crashing of bodies through the walls of stone just outside... Soon after, though, yelling could be heard, and running footsteps... At last, footsteps would approach the closet door. A knife blade slid through the crack in the door, and the lock was cut clean through; the door was pushed open, at last, revealing Nathan, minus synthetic skin on a metallic arm. "Shh," he murmured softly to her, closing the door as footsteps pounded past.

Nathan breathed out, looking back to her with eyes as light and as blue as ice. "Athena, are you alright?" he asked, trying his best to hide his metallic arm.

This couldn't have been a great day for the established things Athena knew, or her sanity.

Athena nearly had a heart attack when the door opened but fortanately it was only Nathan. She was still shaking, and when she caught glimpse of his arm she knew he wasn't human. So she kept her distance. She didn't really know Nathan personally, so she didn't trust him. "Nathan..what's going on?" She asked, doing her best to keep her voice under control. "Who were those people? Why did they want to rape me? And..what are they? What are you?" She was surprised that her voice stayed even.

Nathan, meanwhile, was doing his level best to keep his own head clear, his voice calm... Sepht... He had a long-standing grudge against him for destroying his old body, his old life. If it weren't for Sepht's posession, he wouldn't have been spliced with the robotic guardian Sepht, in his body, had destroyed. "Athena... You wouldn't believe most of what I'd say if I told you now," he said, looking over to her. "Suffice it to say... I'm a cyborg, created by your father, for the express purpose of protecting you against those two," he said, as he looked over his metallic arm. Everything seemed to be alright... Hairline crack from Alicia's blows, but that was all. He looked back over to her after several moments, before he sighed. She needed to know why she was hunted, didn't she?

"Listen, Athena... You saw their powers... You have similar powers to theirs. Your father's blood, you see. They wish to rob you of your powers, which will leave if your body tastes the sins of the flesh, lest they be tasted with love... In any case, he had me begin to guard you once he died," he said, clearly uncomfortable over the last few sentences. "But rest assured, I am on your side," he said at last, a sheepish smile on his face. Quite possibly the only smile anyone at that entire school had ever seen from him.

She looked at her feet as he explained the situation. It was unbelievable, but from what she had seen and what was right in front of her she couldn't deny it. "I assume they'll be after me until they get what they want." She said quietly. She smiled a bit and shook her head. "Isn't there anyway to protect my...powers from being taken so easily? If you aren't around I'm in trouble." Part of her wanted to ask why she had never really done anything out of the ordinary. As far as she knew, she was normal.

Nathan nodded. "There's little they won't do to take your powers away. Your power keeps them from using all of theirs here on Earth, as your father's did before you... And," he said, with a bit of a sheepish smile, yet again a rare sight, "your father's the one who set up the condition for your powers. As any father would want, I suppose, he wanted to make sure you stay pure. I was asked to ensure that you, and your abilities, stay safe," he explained. It really had been a a stupid way to keep her powers. But... he was a father. "And you don't need to worry; I'll stay around. Unless they kill me, they won't get to you."

"So...I'm suppose to sit back and let you risk your life?" She asked rhetorically. She shook her head. "Oh father..what were you thinking?" She whispered. She got up, still shy from being in her underwear. "Can I go back to my dorm..? I can't parade around like this all day. And..um..does this mean I can't go to school anymore? I would hate to put my classmates in danger. And we only have two classes together." She wasn't too excited with leaving her school, but she couldn't risk other people getting hurt.

Nathan nodded, as he pulled off the rest of his jacket, and took off his school shirt beneath. He passed it over to her, before he pulled his jacket back on. "Go on back to your dorm. I need to get another jacket, as is, since only you know that I am like this. And no, we won't leave this school. The more people you're around, the safer you are... And I know you do not wish to put your classmates in danger, but the fact is, if Sepht gets you alone for five minutes, everyone will die anyway," he stated, as he brought his robotic arm before his eyes. He smoothed his hand over the metal, frowning... He also had to fix a brace in there. Dammit. "Go back to your dorm, then run down to lunch. I'll meet you there."

Back
Top Bottom