Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mx Female Looking for story, mostly craving human/non-human sci-fi pairings right now (Updated 2/29/2024)

ShadricXeon

Error
Hello!

I'm [redacted], but you can call me Shadric or Xeon. Never both, for that is bad luck.

I am aware this is quite a bit to read. I do not expect anyone to read all of this, but it will help you get a better feel for the kind of writer I am if you do.

I've been roleplaying for quite a few years. I won't give too many details about myself other than the fact that I am a male who lives in the Eastern time zone of the USA and I'm primarily active in the afternoon and evening. I prefer to RP with people who have some overlap in active hours as I prefer shorter posts (1-2 paragraphs) at a faster pace and like to get a good back-and-forth of replies going when we both have free time. I'm fine with those who I'll get once a day or once a week replies from.

About me:
  • I check this site at least once per day, so you will get a reply. Unless your message to me is obviously of low effort, unsettling, copy-pasted or suggests you didn't read my thread...
  • My friendly nature has given people the wrong impression that I'm trying to pursue off-site relationships with them in the past. I just enjoy striking up friendly conversation with RP partners as well as bouncing ideas back and forth for an RP going forward. I just want to make it clear that is not the case so this doesn't become an issue down the line.
  • I have a strong preference for drawn reference images for characters and will not use photos of real people. Under rare circumstances, I might be willing to go off of descriptions alone.
  • I am not fond of AI art, nor do I hate it. That said, if your character concept is something unique and the only way to get art of it is through AI, then I'm not bothered as much by it. But if it's very similar to something that's already out there, then I might not be as interested in it.
  • I'm very patient about replies as long as I know a reply is coming. If I don't hear back from you after a week or two (varies by the impression of how active an RP partner gives prior to their silence,) I might reach out by OOC message and ask if everything is okay.
  • Communication is important. Whether it's letting each other know if life is going to keep us busy, clearing up some confusion in a post, exchanging future ideas for our RP or just chatting, consider OOC messages an open line for me.
  • Fandoms are not something I do often, but they're not off the table if we're both playing original characters in that setting and you're okay with it being a zero smut RP. That said, it's still a hard sell for me.
  • I do not "double" in the sense that I will not look at our characters as parts of a trade. I play what I want. You play what you want. I do have stories where I can play as two characters, some where I play two protagonists and ones where I play one protagonist and an antagonist.
  • This one is kind of important, given the nature of this site. My ability to write smut has an unusual limit that I'm not comfortable posting out in the open. If you message me, I will explain it and see if this limitation is acceptable for you.
    • Additionally, I do not really have a "ratio" as it ends up feeling more like a quota when you think of it that way. I just go where the interactions between our characters take us. Sometimes that creates a story that has little to no smut while other times it creates a lot. I'm fine with either, or anywhere in between, so long as we have an engaging story first.
    • I do not have an F-List. If you want to work something into the RP, don't be afraid to ask. I won't judge if you're into something I am not. There are some things I won't really suggest unless I know you're into that beforehand, so I might take a peek at your search thread (if applicable) to get an idea of what you like. That said, I might suggest things I want based in the story we're plotting.

What I am not okay with:
  • Any RP that breaks the rules of this site.
  • I do not enjoy playing both sides of a fight with your character spectating. It's boring to me. If combat happens in our RP, I would prefer we split NPC duties. I'll play stuff fighting your character and you play things fighting my character.
  • Due to an incident with a past RP partner, I do not share off-site communication details. If I really enjoy our RP, I might ask for Discord tags so we can stay in touch if Blue Moon ever shuts down unexpectedly (like a previous RP forum I was on,) but I would prefer to keep our RP here until that day comes.
  • I will not play a character under the age of eighteen, nor will I match my characters with a character under eighteen. I won't play with or against characters or in plots that feel designed to circumvent the rules, either.
  • I don't really want to say I have a minimum post length, but if our RP dips below a paragraph in length for an extended period of time, I tend to get bored and lose motivation to continue our RP.

• Prudent characters, maybe not completely chaste, but someone whose moral code keeps his desires under control (especially fun if paired with a character who is the complete opposite.) Or characters who think they are prudent, but find out that changes when they're around the right person.
  • Protectors, caretakers, guardians, bodyguards, etc.
  • Characters who put up a hard exterior, but have a gentle side towards friends and romantic partners. (I also like playing against this character type!)
  • Characters who seem strong and confident at first, but turn out to have an Achilles heel when it comes to women or the right woman.
  • Characters who are in a scenario they do not understand very well, the "fish out of water" type.
  • Characters who start out weak and with little confidence but develop confidence and strength as the story goes on.
    • Especially if paired with a character who starts out in charge but regards my character as an equal as he becomes stronger and more confident.
  • Exiles, outcasts and other characters who might not fit in with the contemporary society of our setting.
  • Cyborgs, especially ones whose cybernetic components are damaged.
  • Tech savvy characters in already high tech setting.
  • Lone survivor, burdened with the guilt of not being able to save any of his people.
  • Magic users, typically mages or healers.
  • Characters who have a "berserk" button, something that drives them into a violent rage
    • Usually triggered by seeing someone they care for being hurt/killed.
    • Can be supernatural in origin as well.
  • Someone trying to escape a past choice that led them down a dark path, now seeking redemption or simply an escape.
  • Characters who are very powerful in terms of magic or supernatural ability, but have a reason to not use their powers. (Also fun being paired against this character type.) Some examples reasons:
    • Being afraid of their own power
    • Fear of collateral damage
    • Barely in control of their powers once tapped into
    • Power slowly killing them or otherwise costly
    • The source of their power is immoral to tap into
    • They don't want the attention using their powers would give them

This is a bit of a trial of having a gallery of images for potential RP partners to sort through. I'll expand it over time. Both galleries will be updated over time. We are not required to use any characters from this gallery for an RP, this is just so my taste in character reference images can be shown since I'm not always the best at describing what I like to play against. Images are in no particular order.
Character types I'd play AS
Character types I'd play AGAINST

Current Cravings:
  • Primary Craving: Scifi and Mecha! Pretty open craving right now, but I have a few starter ideas we can build from or mostly ready plots listed below:
    • Ideas that lean into a human/alien pairing
      • I've been reading a lot of HFY stories, so anything that leans into that is fun! Something where humans are strange to the rest of the galaxy.
      • Optionally, one where an accidental bond is formed between them that leaves at least one of them drawn to the other.
    • Open to any of the sci-fi or mecha plots listed below. Also open to hearing what you have in mind.
    • Also been readying a lot of HFY stories, so something where humans have that kind of "we come in peace, but are prepared for war" vibe to them.
    • A few basic starters we can build from:
      • Your character is of a species humans have never seen before, the surprise of a species so similar looking is surprising.
      • Humanity has turned back the would-be conquerors of Earth and are pushing into their territory, liberating slaves along the way and rallying those who can fight to their cause. Your character is among those liberated. (Your character doesn't necessarily have to become a fighter.)
      • Your character is a primitive of an unknown species who was abducted from her homeworld and rescued by my character. My character cannot return her home, so he helps her adapt to life among the stars.
  • Secondary Craving: Any other human/non-human pairing.
    • I'll admit I'm a little burned out on medieval fantasy settings, but could be convinced to do one if you have an idea that really resonates with me.
  • Aside from that, here's a few other things I'm looking for: (all optional, just things I like to play against)
    • Your character is flirty, possibly even trying to seduce mine.
    • Playing my character as a human against a non-human character.
    • Our characters are quick to become affectionate towards each other.
    • Your character is in danger and my character is there to protect her.
  • Going to list a bit of odd one-off things I like seeing in a partner's character that don't really fit anywhere else in my thread. You re not required to play any of these, they're just nice-to-haves:
    • High energy and affectionate personalities or at least has moods where they express those personality traits.
    • Petite characters. They can be really cute. (They still have to be adults, of course.)
    • Unrealistic hair colors.
    • Kemonomimi (animal eared) characters who have more than just animal ears and a tail. Can be clawed fingers and toes to patches of fur. Go wild.
    • Heterochromatic or unnaturally colored eyes, even better if it might have special meaning in our setting.
  • Always open to hearing your ideas. Generally speaking, the more room I have to explore ideas for my character (or room to adapt one of my existing characters,) the more likely I would be to go forward with your ideas. Don't be shy to point me to your own search threads (or copy/paste ideas from said thread) if you have a specific idea in mind. Just make sure your introduction doesn't looks copied and pasted.
    • The more freedom I have to make my character my own; giving him his own backstory, appearance and personality, the more likely I am to be interested.
    • Generally speaking, if your plot idea is longer than one of the ones listed on my thread, you might have trouble selling me on it. Try to keep it to 1-3 paragraphs on the story idea.
  • On top of the plots listed on this thread, I do have several unlisted plots that I don't openly advertise. I only share these ideas if something that comes up in discussion suggests you might be looking for something that has overlap with it.

Here's a few example stories of what I like to play. You don't have to pick from these. I'm just showing these to give an idea of the types of stories I enjoy. If you like one, let me know. If not, share similar ideas of your own. I tried to design these plots so that your character is mostly blank, someone you can change to your tastes.

For some time, colonies at the fringes of human space have been going dark. Any ship sent to investigate never returns. For a time. Eventually, whatever struck moves on, leaving devastated fleets and deserted colonies in its path. Whatever this force is, it doesn't want to be seen and it does not seem keen on leaving survivors.

My character is a mech pilot in the navy of his colony. He takes part in the first and final fight his colony is able to put up against the invading fleet only to be eradicated. His mech is left adrift in space. Before his life support runs out, he's picked up by a small fleet that is intent on tracking and studying this marauding fleet. They want to find out what they're after and how to stop them. My character offers to join their cause, not wanting to see another colony erased like his.

What they eventually learn is horrifying.
  • Your character would be among the fleet that finds my character. It could be an expeditionary fleet from a neighboring species that has (or hasn't) officially made contact with humans yet or a patchwork fleet of survivors. Or it could be a patchwork fleet of any who survived previous raids.
    • I may be open to reversing the roles with your character being found adrift.
  • My idea for the hostile force was that they were a parasitic hivemind that were hunting for suitable hosts and killing everything else. Some small percentage of any sentient species are suitable and would be captured for conversion.
    • Possible setup for your character being captured and needing to be rescued before she's converted.

My character is a soldier/pilot for the military of a remote colony world. They are extremely withdrawn and militaristic due to the events following the collapse of the human interplanetary government. Because of this, they don't think twice to begin attacking unknown forces that seem to be amassing in remote regions of their world.

What they don't know is that these unknown forces are refugees of a humanoid alien species that had been driven from their homeworld. With few worlds that they can inhabit, they are forced to colonize an already inhabited world and have to fight to defend their new home. Without proper intelligence, the humans believe they are invading forces of a rival faction and attack.

Technology on both sides has reached the point where casualties are rare and prisoners are a thing of the past. Emergency teleportation devices are fitted onto the combat gear of all soldiers which can teleport a soldier to safety in any potentially lethal events or possible capture. Even in the event of death, the remains are teleported back to safety to avoid letting either side learn biological weaknesses. Because of this and the concealing nature of combat gear on both sides, neither side knows what the other looks like beyond features suggested by their equipment. This all changes when, for the first time in the war, an emergency teleportation device fails to activate and allows the capture of a soldier of one of the two sides. The alien refugees have a psychic bond they form with lovers, but what happens if this bond accidentally forms between captive and captor of the two warring peoples? Will this be the key to peace? Or will it simply complicate the life of two enemy soldiers?

• The psychic bond is also intended to be how the alien learns the human's language.
  • Can be either character capturing the other.
  • Could be played out for one of them switching sides or trying to open diplomatic channels between the two races.
  • It should be noted that my current craving for any degree of animal-featured characters is where I was hoping the alien character would be taken.
  • Potential sub-plot of the race that destroyed her people's world showing up to the colony or already having a hidden presence there and the battle awakens them.

Your character is a protective spirit who has watched over a small village for several generations. Her magic protects the land and people from magical threats. She, however, is quite vulnerable when she is in the physical realm. As part of a mutual agreement made when she first became the village's protector, the village allows her to choose a guardian among the warriors of the village. They are bonded to her by magic, giving them longer lifespans and limited magical abilities to aid in their job as the protector of her physical form. These protectors believed themselves unworthy to be romantically tied to her and would often shut out such ideas, instilling a sense of loneliness in the spirit.

My character is the most recent chosen to be her protector after the last gave his life to save her. During the ritual that would bind the two together, an evil sorcerer/witch sees an opportunity. Minions of this dark magic user storm the shrine and capture the spirit before the ritual can be completed. She is dragged off to a fate that villagers can only guess at. The would-be protector now has to learn to use the spirit's powers without her to teach him how to use them as the village soon faces new threats without her protection.

Years later, a strange demon begins showing up around the village. A perverse creature of deceit and lust who feeds on the life energy of any man whose lips meet her own who bares little resemblance to their lost protector. Using a combination of illusion and charm magic, she lures her prey into isolation to feed on them and flees back into the forest with their life energy. Eventually, she finds my character and finds herself strangely drawn to him and his strange powers. Even stranger, should she manage to get her lips to his, she would learn that his life energy is different. It feeds her like no other could. Even stranger, he is the first mortal to survive her kiss.

What he eventually learns is that she is the same protective spirit who once watched over the village, corrupted into this perverse monster and stripped of her memories. The incomplete ritual formed a bond that has strange effects on the two of them. While she is trying to get him under her control so she can feed on him whenever she wishes, he is trying to help her remember who she used to be in hopes of freeing her from the dark influences that drive her.

Notes:
  • Where we start in this story can be discussed. We can start as early as her capture, the process of her being corrupted or as late as her ambushing my character to feed on him for the first time.
  • I figured she would start out as trying to control my character, but that dynamic would change as she remembers her old self.
  • She would be well suited to someone who does play dominant types, but won't lose interest in the RP when our characters come to a more mutual arrangement.
  • I have a specific image in my head for what she would look like, but you are not required to use it as a reference. Mostly figured she would be a kitsune.

My character is the loyal knight or samurai of a local lord. After serving that lord for years, the lord passes away and is succeeded by his son. The son is a power hungry brat and regularly gives orders to my character that he can't follow with a clear conscience. After refusing orders and being threatened with execution, my character is forced to exile himself and survives off the land. The lord's son has since destroyed the warrior's reputation by spreading lies to the neighboring villages and towns through his messengers. My character takes on whatever mercenary work he can find to get by.

One day, while he is resting in his his camp in the woods, he is approached by a kitsune who seems curious about him. As they talk, he learns that her kin had been living in an abandoned castle in the mountains, giving refuge to various non-humans who had been displaced by the other kingdoms, but were not a threat to the humans. She explains that, recently, the castle had come under siege by creatures that are nearly impervious to the magic of the kitsune, but are vulnerable to ordinary weapons which they lack the training in. They've never managed to kill any of them, only drive them away after rallying their numbers. The two quickly strike up a deal; he is offered food and shelter in their castle in exchange for his protection.

A darker alternate start: He doesn't leave for the castle right away, stating he has other business to take care of first or he is hesitant to take the offer immediately. Eventually he departs for the castle. The day he arrives, he finds out that the kitsune he had befriended was slain or captured in a recent raid by the creatures, but the others are willing to honor the deal that he made with her as it seems to benefit all involved. (In case you would rather play a character who doesn't trust mine at first or set up a rescue early on.)

NOTE: Your character doesn't have to be the one who makes the offer. You can just as easily have your character be one of the kitsune residing in the castle if you want them to have a different response to my character than what is set up in the backstory. Could be fun if your character doesn't trust mine at first. I leave it up to your imagination as to why the castle is being raided by these strange creatures and whether they're trying to kill or capture the residents.

My character is an apprentice mage who has been hired out by his mentor to assist a group of adventurers/hunters in their hunt of a mighty creature with a bounty on it. He is specifically sent by his mentor who wants him to get experience using scrying magic to track something that may be on the move. Your character is what they hunt, a powerful humanoid who has caused untold destruction, though my character is left in the dark as to what they're hunting. Things seem to be going well, they track the monster to a remote cave.

She was being followed, so she tried to lead them to somewhere she thought they wouldn't follow. How wrong she was when they turn up at the mouth of the cave, leaving her cornered. A fight ensues, but something happens that splits up the hunters from their prey and leaves the young magi isolated with the being. The two realize they must work together to survive and he begins to learn that she was not as evil as he had been lead to believe.

Ways it could go wrong: (Open to suggestions)
  • The hunters realize their quarry is more powerful than they thought and retreat, leaving the young magi to fend for himself.
  • The fight triggers an avalanche/landslide which splits up the group, leaving my character isolated with yours. They can choose to work together for survival, maybe even make my character aware of something that isn't right about the hunt.
Alternate start:
When the group of hunters set up camp for the night, my character goes off by himself for a moment. While separated from the group, he encounters the being they were sent to hunt, but he does not know that yet as he has not been given information to what they were hunting beyond what was needed to track it. The two have a friendly conversation, but neither is aware of who the other is until he leads the hunters to her hiding place later on.

Your character is a near-human alien fugitive whose ship is crippled and crash lands on present day Earth, a world not unlike the world she was raised on. Her ship crashes in a field near an old airfield that has been repurposed into a repair shop for historical aircraft. The owner of the repair shop rescues the alien from the wreckage and, after learning of her situation, he offers to let her store the wreckage of her ship in his workshop so she can attempt to repair it or at least get communications working so she can request a pickup off of his world. The two quickly discover that she was tracked to this world.

Notes:
  • A few ideas of who she could be:
    • A runaway slave who stole a ship
    • A spy whose cover was blown
    • A mercenary whose job went horribly wrong
    • A bounty hunter who has been targeted after they claimed a bounty on a high ranking criminal
  • I had intended for her to be a race that is human-like in appearance, enough so that she could pass for a human with a simple disguise. This could potentially be:
    • a strange coincidence that their two races are similar, but doesn't need to be explained.
    • because her race are actually descended from humans taken from Earth long ago who were genetically engineered and bred to serve a purpose (could work with the runaway slave or set her up to be a warrior/soldier of some kind.)

I'm leaving what your character is open-ended so you can make her whatever sort of non-human you like to play.

My character is a smuggler who has a strict code of what he will, and will not, take as cargo. Among those are a refusal to take part in trafficking of people of any species. This reputation has often gotten him some leniency with law officials, allowing him to more easily talk his way out of customs inspections that would end the careers of other smugglers. A client offers a hard to resist amount for transporting a single crate. The crate has him curious, at first, but he is paid well enough to not ask the questions he should. During his journey to delivery the cargo, his ship is struck in an ambush and the jolt damages the crate. He quickly realizes that the cargo container was a disguised cryogenics pod, carrying a woman of a species not known to any public record.

From there, there are a few ideas that branch off:
  • The cryogenics pod is damaged and begins an automatic awakening process to prevent harm or my character is forced to start the awakening process himself (depending how you want the scene to be set for him to see her for the first time.)
  • The passenger is a genetically engineered being, a sort of "custom pet" being transported to a customer by my character. Possibly even add in conditioning that causes her to be drawn to the first person she sees (intended to be the customer, but ends up being my character.)
  • The passenger is of an alien species from a faraway world that hasn't been in contact with this region of the galaxy. Perhaps a captured explorer or someone who was abducted from their homeworld? Could be familiar with technology or be a more primitive species, your choice.
  • They are now on the run from both the client and the customer as he refuses to make the delivery and has chosen to set her free (or let her live with him as part of his crew.)

Just a disorganized list of other RP ideas and cravings that are not yet developed enough to get a dedicated section of the post yet. Please feel free to reach out to me if you want to try to bounce ideas and develop them into an RP we'll both enjoy.
  • If you have a fun character idea, but don't have a story for that character, do not hesitate to share that character with me. I love writing stories that fit our pre-made characters far more than I like making a character to fit a pre-written story.
  • Some fun character dynamics I'd like to explore:
    • My character is a reserved and prudent, but finds himself falling for someone who is quite the opposite; either lacking modesty, constantly flirting or just acting outright shamelessly on a regular basis.
    • Both characters quickly take a romantic interest in each other, but feel they cannot pursue it because of differences between them (race, culture, class, or one of them feels like it would be taking advantage of the other's situation and would be morally wrong to pursue a relationship.)
  • I really just like pairing my human characters with human-like races. Especially if I'm able to write the world to make humans stand out in some way.
    • I will admit here that I am a sucker for animal-ear type characters such as nekos, kitsunes, etc. I will listen to any idea where you play such a character.
    • I do enjoy playing against furries if you want to play one, but there are some limits on that, so ask or just share images of what you have in mind. (Mostly limitations around the face area.)
  • Something where your character is in an emotional tug of war with the feelings she's developing towards (or has for) my character and a dark force seeking to corrupt her.
  • Your character is a magical girl who has been fighting against evil for years. Magical girls like her would have had a knight who was their protector, but hers never appeared. As it turned out, he gave his life to save her before her powers awoken. Or so he thought. Years later, a new enemy appears, claiming to be created for her destruction. Soon it becomes apparent he is her knight, twisted into an evil reflection of himself.
    • This will be set up as a story that takes place later. She will be a young adult, 18 at the youngest.
  • Your character is a slave. My character works for her master, or is related to her master. After years of seeing her be abused, he can't take it anymore and sneaks out with her, planning to help her find a place where she can be free and happy.
  • A nice romance as a contrast to a twisted and dark world our characters have to survive in, particularly something where at least one of our characters are regularly in danger or hunted. Maybe something where our characters are the only source of comfort to each other in the dark world they inhabit.
  • I would love to play something inspired by the Spirit Realm event from League of Legends that they did last year. The idea is that my character finds himself trapped in the spirit realm, still alive, and has to work with one of the guides of the spirit realm to find a way home. Or maybe he can't go home and helps them with their own local issues? (I would love if you could play something based on the Fox Spirit from the event, but I am open to hearing your ideas.)
    • Plot idea: My character was battling a foe who banished him to the spirit realm. Said villain intends to invade the spirit realm himself and conquer it. My character fights back against this villain.
    • Plot idea: A living human in the spirit realm is a terrifying thing. Much like ghosts can break the rules in our world, a living human in the spirit realm operates on a different set of rules from the spirits that makes them a demi-god.
  • My character is a dark magic user who masquerades as a mercenary in hopes of finding powerful magical items for his collection. He joins a group of adventurers who are out to defeat an evil witch. The mercenary runs into an agent of the witch, a contractually bound demon in human guise who was sent to throw them off the witch's trail. He's able to see right through the human disguise and decides that this demon is more interesting than any trinkets the witch may have. He convinces her to betray the witch and join him, unbeknownst to the rest of the party.
  • I also love playing the hero type, saving someone from danger. I am not asking you to play a damsel-in-distress, unless that is your thing (I can work with that, too.) Something where a competent character has just gotten in over her head and needs a hand is a good way to push our characters together.
  • Our characters are of the same race, a demi-human race, but on opposite sides of an old divide between their people that ended with about a third of their race exiling themselves. Those who didn't exile themselves a now found themselves as second-class citizens under the Elven Empire, finding themselves taken from their parents as slaves and pets if someone bribes the right people. Your character is the pet of an Elven family and was trained in healing magic to keep their eldest son alive when he joined the military to expand into the lands their kin had exiled themselves to. The camp is raided by fierce warriors, leaving your character as the sole survivor. The leader of the group of warriors speaks to her and offers to take her into the care of his people in return for her healing magic.
  • Your character is a powerful magic user. She has been experiencing whispers in her head or has been tormented by an evil being seeking to take over her body or dark forces that seek to twist her to be their puppet. Either way, they seek to make her serve their cause and will go to any lengths to break her. My character, an adventurer or her bodyguard, is the last thing giving her the strength to fight it, even though she has to keep it secret from him. Some ideas:
    • It could be just a whisper in her head or an evil spirit inside of her that was fighting for control, could be something more physical like a cursed item that she can't separate herself from.
    • The evil entity is your character's old mentor, who was an agent of evil. He had been trying to groom her to serve the same dark powers as he did, but it was clearly not working so he turned to more drastic measures to control her. Perhaps he seeks to claim her body as his own, seeking to extend his life and claim her power for himself or just to break her will and turn her into a servant of his dark masters.
    • My character could be a childhood friend from the village they grew up in. Maybe even have it be hinted at at least one of them had a crush on the other before they were separated when she was sent away for training in the arcane arts.
  • What starts as a random encounter in a fantasy setting takes a turn for the worse. My character comes to the rescue. After saving your character, he finds out she's caught up in something much larger and either has to deal with enemies he made by saving her or is driven to continue protecting her.
  • First encounter with characters: My character finds yours caught in a trap made specifically for her kind, leaving her unable to escape. My character frees her and she decides to help him out in some way to return the favor using her powers.
  • Idea in need of further development: Your character is an android who suffered for years before finally lashing out and attacking her owners. She "haunts" the place her former owners once resided in, attacking any who get too close as she falls into disrepair. One day, she is subdued and left to die only to be found by my character. He tries to rebuild her body while trying to heal her tortured mind.
    • Could have been an android built for music that was discarded or sold to a collector once her popularity waned.
    • Intended to be human or human-like (she can be human or have animal features, might be open to anthro if you have a good look in mind.)
  • In a near future setting, technology has been integrated into every aspect of life. You can barely cook a meal without using the internet. In such a world, someone can be stripped of their livelihood and rights with the push of a button. My character is a "ghost," someone who was de-personed by those who hold the true power in the world in a world where everything is dependent on interconnected technology. Officially, he doesn't exist and has no real rights anymore. Unable to find traditional work because his official records were wiped, his career turned to the underground, subverting the systems that took away his ability to have a normal life for pay.
    • Plots can either involve someone else being de-personed being taken in by my character to help her learn how to survive or her needing the help of a ghost to get out of a bad situation (blackmail, corrupted authorities, etc.)
  • My character becomes injured while saving your character's life. She decides to take him into her care, giving them plenty of time to learn about the other while he recovers.
  • A powerful being is on a rampage after being betrayed, hurt or brought under the control of the villain. My character is sent to destroy her or stop her rampage, but as they fight, he is unable to bring himself to kill her and instead offers mercy and his help.
  • Medieval fantasy: Your character is a young adventurer who gained some notoriety after stealing an artifact or slaying a powerful minion of an evil magic user. This evil magic user places a curse on your character, causing all sorts of demons and monsters to be drawn to her presence. After being overwhelmed in battle, she is rescued by a more experienced adventurer who is hunting for that magic user and offers to protect her if she wishes to join his hunt.
  • A young adventurer seeks shelter in his travels and finds and abandoned shrine. While staying there, he encounters the spirit of the shrine. (No ideas on where to go from there.)
  • A recently exiled demon, stripped of most of her power, looks for help in the world and finds it in an unexpected place. She encounters a half-demon who has never met a pure blooded demon before. He tries desperately to keep his demon half hidden from the world while trying to live a decent life in the shadows of society. Perhaps they can help each other?
    • Sub-plot: Those who orchestrated the events that led to the demon's exile could try to torment her, perhaps not seeing exile as good enough to satisfy their vendetta towards her or simply to sabotage her so that she cannot return under whatever conditions had been set.
  • A powerful demi-god has turned against my character's homeland. My character is the apprentice of the court mage, who was slain by the demi-god. In a desperate bid to stop her, my character sets a trap, using a spell whose effects were not fully translated or understood to pacify her. Now she seems to be captivated by the young magi who cast the spell. With her aggression curbed, he hopes to find the answers to her attack.
    • Alternate version: The demi-god was under someone else's control and the spell cast by the young magi freed her (or simply transferred control of her over to him.) Thankful for her freedom (or under his control,) she stays with my character to help deal with the forces that controlled her for the benefit of his homeland as well as some payback.
  • Another old plot, one of the few post apocalypse settings I'll do. Long ago, an experimental terraforming device was being launched towards Venus, but malfunctioned in Earth's atmosphere and turned the homeworld of humanity into a barely habitable wasteland. Land where crops can grow is limited, the air is hard to breathe and intense physical activity can cause one to pass out. I have two ideas for my character:
    • My character is part of a nomadic tribe who hoards old world technology and maintains the skills to keep this technology working. They often trade their technology with settlements for food and supplies, but keep the dangerous stuff to themselves. My character is one of the warriors of this nomadic group.
    • My character is a relic of the past, a living weapon left in cold sleep for hundreds of years, only to be awoken by scavengers who discovered the abandoned facility he was created in.

Last edited:
Thread updated a bit. Also bump.

This is one of the few doubling plots I will suggest. This was an RP I planned out with someone else who has since vanished from the site, so I'll leave this here if someone wants to pick up the idea of this and start a new RP off of it.

Your characters are a pair of fierce demon hunters, ones whose names makes even the most powerful demons hesitate. Whether they do so for the greater good, the pay or a vendetta against demons is up to you.

For as long as any mortal can remember, the demons have been feuding amongst themselves and that has been the greatest deterrence to their power. However, now a large enough threat has forced a group of demon lords to band together. The twin huntresses need to be stopped. That is what they agreed to. They work together to lay a trap to defeat the huntresses who had never encountered more than one demon lord at a time. In the ensuing battle, the huntresses are subdued and captured by one of the demons. He chose to betray the pact made with the other demons when he realized how useful they could be to him. He flees with them in tow and begins to torture them, twisting them into being his loyal warriors. He now turns the twin huntresses against the humans they once protected. No other demon hunter in their land can stop them.

A request for help is sent out to sea. Some time later, a lone hunter from faraway lands arrives. He is tasked with stopping the fallen sisters, but he is familiar with the type of demon that controls them and believes he can subdue them without killing them. Perhaps, with time, even heal their broken minds. After a few attempts to capture them, he manages to capture one of the sisters and takes her to his hideout and tries to convince her to aid him in capturing her sister so he can help them both. Meanwhile, the remaining sister is granted new power and twisted even further to prevent her capture, unaware that she has been entrusted with the power to easily kill her master should she become able to see through her blind loyalty.

My character is a pilot in the militia of a colony that has declared independence from Earth. In the ensuing war, Earth's military leaders decide this is a perfect chance to test experimental weapons in live battles. These weapons are operated by conscripted soldiers, brainwashed and twisted to fight other humans, seeing these other humans as monsters. One of these experimental weapons are crippled in battle and my character is tasked with taking care of the operator alive while they try to learn more about these weapons from her. My character ends up being the one she opens up to and trusts among her captors. The details of their brainwashing, conditioning and how my character undoes some of it can be discussed further if this idea interests you.

There are a few ideas on what these weapons can be. I'm leaving them mostly vague so we can work together to write out the details to be something we're both happy with for the story.
  • Alternate story A: The invading army is an alien empire and their soldiers are effectively slaves. After being captured, she realizes that she has a better chance at freedom and happiness with her captors than with her own people.
  • Alternate story B: My character's side discovers where she is kept and being maintained. In a desperate bid to remove her from the fight or turn her to their side, they storm the facility and manage to capture her while she's undergoing repair and not able to fight back.
  • Weapon types I have in mind, but feel free to share your own:
    • Option A: A living mech that has unmatched agility on the ground while having armor comparable to light mechs. These living mechs have to be bonded to their pilots and can only be bonded to pilots with specific rare genetic traits or mutations.
    • Option B: High performance mechs that interface with cybernetic modifications on pilots whose bodies don't reject the augmentation process.
    • Option C: Cybernetic supersoldiers equipped with experimental weapons and optional flight gear.
  • Optional elements:
    • Her weapons are too damaged to repair, so they sneak into her former base to steal the parts needed or a new mech.
    • She helps her captors develop their own weapons based on hers or a countermeasure against others like her.
    • After realizing that her captors treat her better than her own commanding officers, she starts trying to convince others like her to defect.

It's a different take on one of those "trapped in a VR game" stories. The experimental VR tech puts your character to sleep and interfaces with your dreams, letting you play the game while you sleep. It lets you feel everything your character does almost 1:1 with reality, though with obvious exceptions to things such as pain. Our characters are testers for this new tech. The tech has proven safe, even having a failsafe to prevent any harm in the case of equipment failure. Some time ago, a developer was fired for misusing the tech for depraved fantasies. Our characters are testing the game when a group of hackers, led by the former employee, takes over the game and locks out all the logout and failsafe functions for the experimental gear, leaving everyone playing the game asleep. The hackers demand a hefty ransom in to return control of the game to the developers.
  • Optional: The failsafes on the hardware can still be triggered by factors outside of the game such as a power outage, internet connection loss or a manual shutdown button on the equipment that has to be pressed by someone not in the game. People trapped in the game with friends or family nearby are quickly pulled out of the game once the ransom demands are made public. People who live alone behind locked doors, such as our characters, are not so lucky. The hackers, seeing that they have fewer hostages, begin to torment and torture the trapped players to put extra pressure for the ransom to be paid out.
  • Optional: The hackers tap into some locked away code in the game, allowing the players to feel the pain of their characters in combat. And dying in the game is extremely painful to the players, though not actually dangerous.
  • The actual game world can be anything we want; medieval fantasy, science fiction or something akin to the Oasis from Ready Player One with a blend of everything in different regions. We could even mix in something where some worlds are less complete than others, presenting them with new challenges.
  • No: I'm not a fan of the "die in the game, die in real life" trope. Plus, this is a ransom operation, they don't want to kill off their hostages! However, I do like the idea of an in-game death being extremely unpleasant or the game having severe costs for dying in its tampered state.

Funnily enough, this plot was based on the Bleeding Desert event from World of Horror. I was watching someone play it and that event led me to think of a plot about a warrior who failed to save his world, but then asked the question of, "What if he lived?"

My character is from a separate world (perhaps a parallel Earth or an entirely different world that also has humans or a human-like race.) His world is being ravaged by an ancient evil too powerful for anyone to fight. Realizing he could not stop it, he used the remaining power in his magic sword to create a portal to evacuate his people to a new world. Unfortunately, the portal cannot be entered by the one who maintains it, meaning someone has to be left behind. Not wanting to burden his people with that choice, he does not tell them he will be left behind until it is too late for them to stop him.

As he waits for death, alone on a dying world, something strange happens. Something summons him to a new world, separate from the world of his people. Who could have summoned him? And what does his future hold for him on this new world?

Plot ideas (mix and match):
  • Your character is a sorceress, or other magic user, who accidentally creates a portal to his dying world, saving him from his demise. Thankful that he was able to save his people and survive, he pledges himself to her service.
  • A group of magic users summon him in need of a great warrior to save their people. He was not what they had in mind.
  • A godlike being summoned him, needing powerful warriors for their cause. (Your character can either be that godlike being or another warrior that was summoned.)
  • Whatever force had summoned him to this new world inadvertently drew the attention of the ancient evil and it now sets its sights on a new world. Can the two of them protect this world from that ancient evil?
  • Your ideas.

• My character was once a famous racer in the underground racing scene until he he refused to lose a race to someone connected to criminal elements. After the race, he was dragged from his vehicle and had his arm brutally broken to the point that amputation was the only option. The only cybernetics he could afford made racing incredibly painful for him to the point that he was forced to retire. Your character is a rising star in the racing scene, one my character has taken under his wing, both keeping her car running and trying to keep her from drawing the wrong attention to herself. Only thing is, she makes it very difficult...
      • Not going to lie here. I'm honestly looking for someone who would play someone who enjoys teasing someone who isn't used to it. Can go into more detail if this is your type of story.
  • Secondary craving:Sci-fi plots!
    • Something where my character is a freelancer/mercenary/bounty hunter. A chance encounter leads to adventure and a new crew member on his ship.
    • Interstellar travel is nice. Especially when it's not instant, leaving plenty of time for our characters to get to know each other (or get on each other's nerves.)
    • Idea fragment: Your character is an orphan living on a backwater trade station. She breaks into people's ships and steals stuff to sell. Unfortunately, she runs into something that is mundane to humans, but is highly sought after by her species and can't help but indulge herself. She loses track of time and is confronted by my character. He offers her a place to stay on his ship if she will help him out.
      • Can be a food, drug or whatever you want.

Your character is the last of a race gifted with eternal lifespans. When her people came at odds with a powerful sorcerer, she led a band who sought to take his life. She was the only one of her group to survive the battle. The sorcerer, angered that she had wounded him, captured her with a fate worse than death in mind for her. For years, he would torture her and bend her will to serve him. He would turn her into a blindly loyal warrior, one suited to protect him and his future incarnations. The sorcerer was a threat her people had faced before. He had learned to cheat death by taking his memories and powers to a new vessel whenever he perished, reincarnating himself. Each time he would wait centuries in hopes of the world forgetting about his existence. When he surfaced in his new vessel, their personality and memories were erased and replaced with his.

With her, he was able to speed up that process of making the world forget about him, using her to distort and erase records of his past lives until it was time for him to return. She was his warrior, his assassin and spy. His cruelty did not end with the completion of her brainwashing. Any failure was subjected to torture. She was also subject to the lust of his incarnations. Until one day, her master was slain in battle by a group of magi who separated his powers from his soul. The two halves of the sorcerer were born to two different vessels, both of which had equal sway over the magic that bound her to servitude. She encountered the half that had her master's power, but none of his memories. A young man who was the opposite of her master. A kind man. Unfortunately, without knowing how to properly use his magic, he would not be able to protect her from the threats that her master would have. He must learn to use his magic to protect her from those seeking to claim her immortality for themselves while she protects him from those looking to claim his power.

Last edited:
A few of my other RPs seem to have dropped off, so I should be free to take on one or two RP partners.

Still looking for much of the same, but don't be shy about bringing fresh ideas.

Back
Top Bottom