Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Writing A Request Thread

The Primrose Princess

The Primrose Princess
Banished
Hello everybody!~

I have a basic ideas of how to write up a Request Thread on here and what I want in it after looking through some Request Thread, I need to ask some questions.

What's important in a Request Thread?
How should I start?
Where should I start?
Are there any pointers I should know?
What are people looking for in one?

Thank you,
The Primrose Princess

I have a few suggestions, Your Majesty.

Do not be afraid to list multiple ideas in one thread to give people a one stop shop to what you like.

List likes and dislikes and an F list comes in handy.

Be open about how often you role-play. Do you work 9-5? Only weekends? To you expect to post twice a week? Once a day?

What do you expect of your partners?

I find a good way of fishing for people who have actually read through your request thread is to slip in a specific sign to put into their request to let you know that they read your thread.

In mine I tell people to tell me a joke.

I like to get an idea of what I'm getting with a partner. Maybe a writing sample or a description of what they post. I also like to see if they are patient, because I don't post frequently.

But that's just me :)

One thing I've noticed when writing a request thread is potential partners I've had really enjoy a little intro. Nothing big, just who I am and what I expect. I get that out of the way because I don't want to waste my time or their time if we just do not click.

I also noticed that some just want fleshed out plots. It takes a lot of time to write a plot with someone, and it's easy to get distracted. Detailing plots out with what you want will nix out any unnecessary miscommunication and frustration.

of course, you're more than welcome to simply put out a thread looking for those who already have fleshed out plots.

When I created my thread I put graphics. I find that that shows my personality, it attracts attention and it is also a conversation starter. Some potential partners I've seen here have used gifs, or pixel animations that look soooo good!

( some applications I enjoy using for this process is: Procreate, Sketchbook, Pics art, Adobe mix, Giphy)

Another thing I also noticed people really enjoy when I include my roleplaying schedule. currently, I'm on hiatus, and I put that in my updated thread, and instead of plot suggestions, I've been getting casual conversation PM's which is wonderful. It really helps you get to know potential partners and also develop some neat onsite friends (if that is your thing).

Overall, make the thread an Extention of you. You seem bubbly person, so let people see that side of you while putting what you would enjoy out of your story weaving and partners!

Good luck!

In addition to all of the wonderful suggestions here, I've learned a few things in my line of work (creating presentations, stepdocs, orientation handouts etc), its that COLOR will really help guide the reader's eye along.

Things like Bold text, concise wording and pleasing color changes make the entire experience so much more fun! Both for you, in the creation process and for any potential partners who are maybe thinking about reaching out to you ^.^

Different fonts

Sizes
and Orientations
Can all help to make things fun and make the page a little more You!

There's no rush. There's oodles of great options in the little toolkit at the top of the message bar. And there's great, creative, talented people all over Blue Moon who you can look to for inspiration.

Good luck!

xoxo

Thank you all for the much needed information! There's a lot to work with here and it definitely pushed me in the right direction to making a Request Thread.

I don't know about others, but what I look for are "hard no's" upfront.

It sounds weird but I've noticed people are into a lot of things and their "No" list is much smaller than their "Fave" list.

Once I know what someone Isn't down for, it removes the hesitancy of thinking up a plot and offering it to them!

Back
Top Bottom