Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cringe worthy typos and mess ups

Degusaurusrex

Supernova
What are some cringe worthy writing mess ups you've made before? Maybe you're reading back for a reminder, to back the story up, whatever. Then you find a typo, or part of a sentence that makes you cringe.

"Was I drunk? Was I half asleep when I wrote this?' And the like. I once read back through a roleplay and realized I'd said my character got her boyfriends nose tattooed on her.

NAME. I MEANT NAME.

The only one I can think of right now is writing Habes instead of Hades.

No wait. I screw up pronouns a lot. I usually catch them on proof reading but sometimes it slips through. Things like her cock and his tits. Funny in hindsight but when you see it that cold bolt goes up your spine and you can't click the edit post button fast enough.

Anyone who reads my writing would be justified in thinking I do not know the difference between "form" and "from". I certainly haven't demonstrated this capability. I've also mixed up homonyms that I swear know better than using, like "half" instead of "have" and "witch" instead of "which". Sometimes I wonder why my partners put up with me.

When I play via mobile phone I have noticed that between auto correct and fumbly fingers I have at times posted complete gibberish.

English is my third language, so I am bound to make mistakes. Yet in the same breath, I have never heard anyone ever say I made terrible mistakes. I don't use auto-correct and I do all my plays in Word, so think I'm safe. For now.

Eesh! Don't make me think about these things.

There's certain parts of human anatomy that I will always get squeamish around. Through no fault of anyone except myself.

I do cringe though >.<

I screw up pronouns a lot. I usually catch them on proof reading but sometimes it slips through. Things like her cock and his tits. Funny in hindsight but when you see it that cold bolt goes up your spine and you can't click the edit post button fast enough.
This. This has to be the most annoying thing.

And I’m guilty of writing from my phone for most part. It can cause some funny errors. The most resent one that I can remember is “prolapse” instead of “property”. Was quite funny.

Back
Top Bottom