Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Finding a Mate (DigitalSiren x Shadow Wolf)

Bunny

ʜᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ.. ʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇsɴᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ ♥
Ashlynn was finally unpacked! It had taken her a better part of a week, but she was finally done! She would be on the reservation for at least a year, studying the indigenous animals so it had made sense to rent a small little home on the outskirts. She was used to being alone and it would provide her subjects in her backyard. It had seemed like the perfect place to work on her thesis, Wildlife of Arizona and the Mythology Surrounding Them . Running a hand through her dark hair Ashlynn decided on two things, a shower and then as a reward to herself a trip to the local bar.

Fresh from the shower, Ash glanced at her closet trying to decide on an outfit. Spring had not yet started and the chill of winter was still in the air. Keeping that in mind she picked a pair of faded blue jeans that clung to her legs and ass, showing them off without being obvious. A pair of knee high brown suede boots with a two inch heel boosting her small form to five three and making the most of her legs. It wasn't like she'd get taller after all.. A cream sweater with a chunky nit was slipped on, the hem falling a tad short of the top of her pants showing flashes of pale skin. Her hair was left loose, the dark locks left to curl softly as they willed, so dark that flashes of blue and purple could be seen in light. Glancing in the mirror she wrinkled her nose.
She had always been pale and it made makeup harder. Deciding on just a touch of eyeliner to bring out her deep blue eyes she nodded to her reflection. Ash knew how she looked and it was rather apt overall. She was small, curvy. Her porcelain skin combined with her hair made her look like a china doll. Delicate.

Slipping from the cab of her truck she glanced at the bar. It was like most bars, music slipping from behind the tinted windows, people loitering outside smoking. Ash didn't notice the looks as she pulled the door open, the music no longer muted. Feeling butterflies curl through her stomach she headed to the bar. She was new in town and that lead to a certain amount of nerves, nerves, she planned to soothe with Whisky.

Hopping onto a bar stool she tucked her feet on a rung and flashed a shy smile at the bartender. When he approached she lifted her voice over the music as it thrummed through the smoky air.
"Jack and coke please" Her voice was husky and sweet. Her stomach gave a plea for food and she blushed. She knew no one could hear it, but still. "Do you guys serve food?"

“ Yeah we serve food. I‘ll grab you a menu.” The bartender said as he grabbed her a menu, handed it to her. He mixed up her drink which was pretty simple, put in front of her with a bowl of pretzels. “ You must be new here. “ The barkeep said as he watched the door closely almost as if he was expecting someone to walk in, just before he could say anything more in walked one of the locals.

Tj as most knew him stood at five foot eleven, was well built. Some would say he was built to the nines or like a brick shit house, over his muscular frame was a thin black wife beater tank top that laid perfectly over his black jeans. As far as shoes went he wore a black pair of Harley Davidson biker boots, his dark hair was cut pretty short. Sliding onto a bar stool he ordered a beer, stared straight ahead until he caught an unfamiliar scent. “ New girl ay? I’m Tyler but people call me Tj, the bartender is Mikey...”

The term locals is quite accurate as both Tj, Mikey the bartender had both been born raised on the reservation. They were brothers maybe not by blood but they were still brothers, everyone around her was more then likely a local or a tourist trying to make jokes about the Indigenous culture. However Tj was a forth generation lycanthrope, his stature proved that much. The only difference is he was the alpha of the pack just like his great grandfather grandfather, father before him. He waited patiently for her reply as he sipped his beer rubbing the back of his neck uneasily as her scent continued to tease his senses.

Last edited:
She flashed him a bright smile accepting the menu and her drink. The pretzels were an added bonus "Thank you!" She snagged a few pretzel as she looked over the menu, munching on a pretzel slowly. Looking up from the menu she nodded. "Yeah, I just moved in. Earlier this week."

As she had been answering Mikey, a new body had slid into a seat near her. Turning her head she smiled, shyer now, fingers tucking her dark hair behind an ear. Tj was handsome, nay strike that gorgeous.
"Yeah, is it that obvious?" Lifting her drink she took a small sip of courage in the form of whisky and gave a small chuckle. "I'm Ashlynn, but you can call me Ash. It's nice to meet you both"

Turning back to Mikey she placed the menu on the bar.
"Could I get a burger and fries?" She paused before remembering her manners "Please" her stomach gave another rumble, the pretzels not enough to quiet it. She grabbed another before sliding her attention to Tj again. There was something about him, sure, he was gorgeous, but it was more than that. Tall and powerfully built.. Still something else she couldn't quite put her finger on. "I just moved in, on the outskirts of town to work on my thesis"

“ Yeah I’ll get that in for ya.” Mikey said as he smiled, hung the slip above the kitchen window. The cook nodded , made up a patty putting it down on the grill as he put some fresh cut fries in the fryer. “ College girl? That’s cool don’t get many of those around her except her.” The barkeep nodded towards Tasha who was another local, had been raised on the reservation. Tj listened as he finished his first beer, ordered another one. He couldn’t get drunk well he could but not horribly so due to his wolf like genes, he gave her the once over as his inner beast screamed at him. Shaking his head Tj slid off the stool, walked outside to get some fresh air. “NO!” He screamed as he held his head in his hands, tried to get a grip before he lost control.

"Thanks!" Ash let her blue eyes wander to the girl in question and she smiled. "Yeah, I am doing my thesis on the local wildlife, a particular focus on coyotes and the myths that surround them" She smiled back at Mikey. Glancing as Tj got up from the bar she watched him leave before turning back towards her drink. The music pour around them but even still she heard a shout over the din.

"Is he alright?" Frowning she looked back to the door, wondering if she should go after him. He was a stranger, but still something inside her urged her to see what was up. Maybe it was morbid curiosity or whatever.. She rose from her seat and smiled at Mikey. "I'll be right back" Slipping between the bodies and tables she headed outside.

Ash found Tj with his hands on his head, he looked to be struggling. She lifted her hand, frowning softly. She didn't know him, but still, she wanted to help him offer comfort. It was the oddest thing. Her voice was soft as her hand fell back to her side. Being overly familiar was likely not going to help.
"Hey, you okay?" A shy smile curled on her lips, arms folding under her breasts, as a cold wind brushed past them.

Mikey nodded to her statement about what she was studying, knew his brothers body language. He was about to tell her to stay put but before he could she was gone, he clenched his fist at his side cursing to himself. “ Yeah I’m fine. Go eat your food before it gets cold. I’ll be around.” Tj’s voice was almost demanding, he climbed on his bike after putting on his vest. Pulling out of the gravel lot he headed in the direction of his camp not caring about his second beer, knew if she wanted to see him again after that she’d find him. Mikey placed here food on the counter, watched his brother leave like he always did when he was fighting with his inner beast especially now with it being mating season for most of the pack.

She watched him leave in a cloud of dust frowning. "Yeah.. really seems it" The words were whispered and she lingered in the cold for a few more minutes trying to make sense of it. Unable to come up with a good reason she shrugged, still frowning and headed inside. The tone in his voice had been odd. Climbing back onto her bar stool. It had seemed an order, but like the odd familiarity she felt, it seemed out of place.

Giving Mikey a distracted thank you and smile she began to eat, letting her mind wonder at the strange encounter. She knew she had some sort of feelings for Tj, which was strange enough. Ash wasn't prone to flights of fancy or lust at first sight. So why suddenly did she feel the need to find a strange man? Burger finished during her musings, Ash chewed on her cheek absently, a finger trailing over the rim of her glass.

Shaking her head, Ash tried to clear her foggy head.
"Thanks Mikey" Laying cash on the counter she smiled and waved as she headed towards her truck. Maybe she could throw herself into work for the night, lose herself in her work instead of her thoughts. She had her bag on the passenger seat. Deciding that was the plan she pulled out a map, notes written across it neat tidy script about where supposed packs liked to frequent.

Pulling out she headed for a likely spot, with plans of just observing from the cap of her truck. She wasn't suicidal.. But she could take notes from the relative safety of her truck. Anything to take her mind off him and their dizzying interaction.

Mikey nodded as welcome, put the money in the cash register. Sighing he started wiping down the bat, put the unopened beer in the fridge as he put her glass in the sink to get washed. Tj had parked his bike along side the rode, was hiding in the woods. He fought with himself, held his head in agony as his inner beast screamed at him. “ She’s the one!” Those words echoed inside his head, he growled to himself. “ NO!! “ He screamed again aware his voice echoed, despite the attraction to the new girl he couldn’t put her threw that. The dark haired well built man didn’t know how much she knew about the town, he didn’t wanna scare her off in one night. Tasha belonged to Mikey, everyone in his pack had a mate but him.

Falling to his knees he let out a growl as he dug his nails into the dirt, stared up at the sky. Holding his head as his heart ponded against his broad chest he let out a howl, looked at the time. He had to be at the factory in less than an hour, he was arguing with his inner beast. Tonight was a night he’d have to call off because he wasn’t feeling himself, it would be the first time in years. He was having a really hard time believing that a complete stranger was his mate, he wrapped his fingers around the wolf charm that hung around his neck. “ She’s the one Tyler! Stop resisting.” His inner dialogue with his inner beast was enough to drive him almost completely insane, he knew the harder he tried to fight the more he’d lose in the end.

Ash studied the pack of coyotes she had found until the wee hours of the morning. Carefully taking notes and pictures of the beautiful creatures. As she worked she felt uneasy, but brushed it off as a lingering result of her interactions. Dawn was breaking, a yawn slipping from her. Stretching as best as she could in the confines of her truck she rubbed her eyes. Coffee.. She needed coffee.

Heading back into to town she took int he beauty of the Arizona morning. Blush pink rising from the horizon joined by yellow shortly as the sun crested. It took her about half an hour to make it back into town and by the time she arrived she couldn't stop yawning. Pulling in front of a small cafe already bustling with activity. She watched the people for a few moments, before slipping from the cab. Hands ran through her hair, shaking it out before she pulled open the door, a sweet little chime announcing her arrival.

She ordered a coffee and a muffin from the smiling woman behind the counter. Once it was ready she topped it off with cream and sugar before moving to a table outside. The cool air helping to wake her further. Taking a sip she watched as the town slowly came to life around her. She had never lived in a town like this, where everyone seemed to know one another. It was.. sweet.

TJ rolled over practically falling off his bed as he thrashed about, sat up holding his head as it pounded. He knew he’d only had one beer the night before, he’d been in the woods until three maybe he lost track of time. Throwing off his sheets he slid off the bed, headed for the bathroom. Stripping he stepped into the shower pressing his muscular arms against the wall a low growl erupting from his throat as he let the warm water run over his body, began to get himself cleaned up. Once he was done he dried himself off, put on another pair of black jeans with another wife eater tank top as he tossed his clothes from the night before in the laundry. He pulled on his boots, grabbed his vest then walked outside to his bike reving it up he disappeared.

Pulling into town he turned off his bike, walked into the cafe ordering his usual. His attention fell on her, he tried to ignore his inner thoughts as he walked to the corner. Taking a seat he waited on his coffee, picked up the local paper to read up on what had been happening in town. Rubbing the back of his neck as his senses tingled he picked up the cup placed in front of him, started sipping it as he put the news paper down he looked in her direction with a warm smile almost apologizing for being an ass the night before. He remembered how he had spoken to her, hoped she could forgive him for his rude behavior.

Ash had watched him enter the cafe, Tj was hard to miss, but there was something else. Still feeling confused she had looked away from the window and gone back to people watching, sipping her coffee and picking at her muffin. She felt the eyes on her, looking up she was puzzled by the smile. He hadn't seemed to like her. It was part of what was confusing her. But sitting in the cafe he smiled at her, friendly warm. She could even read the apology in his eyes. It was as if she had known him for years, the ease in which she could read his expression.

Biting the inside of her cheek, she gave him a soft smile in return. The pull she felt for him was so out of place, but it struck her suddenly. No matter what the pull was, she'd never felt anything else like it before. Why fight it? It was a scary thought, but it propelled her to her feet. Slipping back into the warmth of the cafe, she ordered another coffee before disposing of the remains of her muffin. She used the time to work up her nerve. She smiled warmly at the woman again as her coffee was handed over. She moved closer to his table and offered a shy smile.
"Could I join you?"

“ Yeah! um... would you like to go out to dinner with me? There’s a couple of nice restaurants a few miles outside of town. I know I’m a total stranger aside from you knowing my name. But I’d like to get to know you.” Tj said as he smiled ushering toward the empty chair, tossed his empty coffee cup in the trash just barely a foot away from the table. He ordered another cup just to wake him up a little more, waited for her to sit down. He usually got his coffee free cause the girl working was his little sister, she’d pay for it out of her pocket or write him up a tab depending on how much caffeine he needed. Tonight was his night off, he wanted to show her the rest of the reservation after he treated her to dinner. His inner beast had calmed down for the most part but was still screaming at him, he knew why but he was ignoring it for now because only time would tell if the beast within was right.

She chuckled and took the seat offered, her tone playful, teasing almost. "My, I must say this is complete one-eighty" Ash flashed him a smile and took a sip of her coffee as he neatly nailed his shot. She gave a small clap and smiled again. Ebony hair fell past her shoulder, the soft curls falling into her face. Tucking them back she gave a small nod. She had said she'd not fight it, even if it was sudden. It was charming in it's own way. "But dinner sounds nice, even if you are a complete stranger. And the perfect way to get to know each other"

Biting her lower lip she smiled as his sister, unknown to Ash dropped his coffee off. Giving her brother a playful shrug she smiled at Ash and went back behind the counter. Looking between the two, Ash felt another smile curl on her lips. They looked alike in the eyes and the shape of their mouths, so she took a wild stab.
"Your.. Sister?" Like her brother, she was lovely though more delicately built. "She's pretty"

Finishing her second cup she stifled a yawn and a pale blush crept into her cheeks.
"Sorry, I was hoping the caffeine would jump start my system.. I was up all night studying the pack of coyotes to the south of town" She offered the explanation and fought another yawn. "I think sleep is calling me, but.. pick me up at eight?" Snagging a napkin she pulled out a pen from her pocket and jotted down her address. "See you then"

She left with a funny sense of butterflies in her stomach but very much excited for her date with Tj.

“ Yeah she’s my sister, thanks. Go get some sleep, I’ll do just that.” Tj nodded as he pulled out his phone , put in the address. Once she was gone he looked at his little sister, gave her a look. “ What Saige? Ever since last night I’ve had this feeling, my inner beast has been screaming at me.” He said as he downed his second cup of coffee, sighed. There were some things he’d have to do to prepare for his date, he could be quite the romantic if he wanted to be. He’d stop by the florist pick up some flowers hoping he guessed the right kind, he figured Tasha might have a clue or two. Standing up he kissed his sisters cheek, headed back out to his bike. Putting the key in the ignition he started it back up, figured Tasha would be at the bar since she was always with mikey unless she was at school. Heading back to the bar he climbed of his bike, walked in knowing it was technically closed.

“ Hey Tasha. Got a few questions for you. What kind of flowers do you think she’d like? I got a date tonight, I wanna do things right.” He knew his brother was probably sleeping upstairs since he’d worked until four, knew his best friends mate would know the right flowers. Just as he sat down to talk to her Mikey walked downstairs rubbing the back of his neck as he fixed himself a cup of coffee, smiled at his girlfriend.

While Tasha helped Tj plan his date, Ash was fast asleep. The moment her head had hit the pillow she had been out like a light. She had set an alarm however and it now merrily chimed, pulling her from sleep. She was slow to wake, the light outside her window fading quickly as dusk approached. It was a date, so Ash had wanted time to get ready.

Several hours of primping later, having taken her time she was dressed in a cream colored skirt and black tank top. The skirt was lose and flow, shorter in the front and longer in the back while the black top clung to the soft curves of her body. A golden heart lanyard necklace, black stud earrings and a pair of platform wedge shoes completed her outfit. Her ebony hair was beaded to one side, in a romantic fashion, tendrils of hair falling from the chunky braid charmingly. Ash was adding the last touches to her makeup when her alarm went off for a second time. He would be there soon. Grabbing her purse she headed down the stairs as she heard the knock. Smiling she pulled the door open.
"Hey, just on time"

“ Shall we go then?” Tj smirked as he gave her the once over ignoring the whistling in his head as his inner beast howled with excitement, he linked his arm with hers leading her to the car he had borrowed off Mikey for this special occasion. On the seat was a bouquet of white lilies with baby’s breath, a box of chocolates because who didn’t like chocolates? He opened the door for her with the same smirk, walked around to the drivers side after he’d closed her door. His attire was of course black jeans with biker boots but he had on a nice button down shirt with a suite jacket in case she got cold later, he looked forward to showing her places on the reservation very few people even locals knew about. But deep down he hid a secret that obviously she hadn’t discovered yet, he find it amusing her thesis was on the wild life such as coyotes etc.

She nodded and Closed the door behind her with a soft click, fishing into her purse she pulled out her keys and locked the door. Ash noticed the car and smiled softly, it was sweet of him to make arrangements, but she wouldn't have minded the bike either. It would at the very least keep her hair perfect. Another smiled spread across her lips at the flowers and chocolates. "They are beautiful" Sliding into the seat, carefully picking up the flowers to avoid damaging them.

Placing the box of chocolates in her lap, Ashlynn lifted the flowers to her nose and inhaled, the soft fragrance making her sigh.
"Thank you TJ" She looked at him. "So, what did you have in mind tonight for dinner?" Biting her inner cheek she glanced back down at the flowers. Lilies were her favorite, she doubted he was psychic, a lucky guess but still.

“ Well um why don’t you let me surprise you. “ Tj said as he pulled out of her driveway, headed down the road. He turned on radio, drove for a few miles then stopped at a clearing just off the reservation. Climbing out of the car he opened her door for her, grabbed a basket from the trunk. The dark haired male didn’t do fancy, he was a little tight on cash so a picnic had been his idea. He’d had his sister fix the food, there was a bottle of wine some candles, a blanket on top of everything. “ Hope this is okay.” He said as he took her hand, lead her to his special spot. Letting go of her hand he laid down the blanket lit the candles, started to unpack the food as he waited for her to answer. His heart was pounding his stomach was in knots, his inner beast was hungry not for food either.

Nodding, Ash relaxed into the seat. The music filled the comfortable silence and she hummed softly to it while watching the scenery pass. Looking around as the car slowed and came to a stop. There was nothing near by, intrigued and not so much scared she smiled as he opened the door and slipped out. Following him after he closed her door she smiled at the basket. Nodding she laced her fingers with his.

She let him lead her through the growing dark, and waited while he set things up, helping were she could. Sitting on the blanket she tucked her skirt around her legs and blushed gently in the candle light.
"This is really nice TJ" Shifting so she was slightly closer to him, she helped him pull the final items out of the basket. "I have to say, it wasn't what I expected" She touched his arm gently "But I am not disappointed in the slightest."

She took the bottle of wine and poured some into each of the glasses he had supplied, handing him the first. Looking around she gave a small sigh.
"I have always loved Arizona's wilderness and here" she looked up nodding to the stars as they flickered to life "On the reservation, away from the cities... It's breathtaking"

“ Yeah it is, look I’m really sorry about the other night. It’s just your absolutely beautiful, I’ve never met someone so amazing. I feel like I’ve known you my entire life.. “ Tj smiled very happy she approved, he sipped his wine then set down his glass. He started to unwrap the food his little sister had prepared, looked into his eyes losing himself in them. “ Kiss her already Damnit!” His inner wolf screamed as he placed his hand on the side of her face he did just that. He kissed her, when he pulled back his lips tingled a little which meant his inner beast was right. She was definitely his mate, if she kissed him back he’d definitely know he’d found the one granted he expected to get slapped.

Back
Top Bottom