Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Why do you have two threads?

Staine

ɴeoɴ Dreαмѕ
Welcoming Committee
I was just talking about this with DigitalSiren and while the forum does allow you to have two request threads per section we would really like to know the reasoning people have for having two threads there. It's interesting but I see a lot of them are bumped at the same time and often they are looking for the exact same thing in both threads or something so similar that it could be rolled into one thread. Not trying to judge on this but just curious so for those of you who have two threads, why two? Do you separate them enough that you feel two is better, are you looking for more exposure or do you have a master thread and a craving thread? Members who don't have two threads or spend a lot of time searching through the request threads, how do you feel about it when you see multiple by the same member?

I don’t speak for everyone - but like you said, I have one as a general thread, and one as a more of a craving thread. If I’m just looking for something super quick, I’ll make a messy thread, whereas for my longer term ideas I tend to shove them all into one thread, and make it as neat and as together as it possibly can be.

I do see where you’re coming from though - especially with how similar the threads are that they could be one, and bumping them at the same time too, but everyone has their own reasonings.

That's kind of what I felt and it makes sense, but was curious ^-^ Thanks Myah!

I have two threads, but only one is normally active.

My most active one I edit when I need it, changing the single or few story line ideas I have in there and bump only when I have a specific craving or opening I'd like a long term writing partner for.

The second one tends to be ignored until I have a craving that's unusual or not a frequent desire of mine, and I want it to be short term.

I can't speak for the people who have two threads in each request forum, bumping at the same time, all the time, but that's how I've made sense and use of the Two Threads rule.

Master general thread and a craving thread. But only until my master thread gets inevitably locked for lack of use. My craving thread has been way more effective at attracting partners that I enjoy, so the other one probably not gonna see much use anymore.

This is interesting, a lot of what I thought really. Please keep the answers coming, I like knowing how people think about these things. A lot of this is making sense, I think I would write a super thread in general and maybe a thread I can change with a single craving plot. I also wonder if with the 24 hour bump rule do some people have the same thread but bump it at different times of day to make it more visible to people in other timezones? There is an average of 6 hours between EU zones and US zones I think so that makes sense that you would have one posting in prime time for both. Anybody do that?

Like the others have said. One for general stuff, one for something specific/a craving. Personally I don't mind seeing 2 request threads by the same user in a forum, as I assume they are looking for something different with each one.

Back
Top Bottom