Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Drow Wars (OOC thread)

strangelove

Super-Earth
The game takes place in the world of Ashfar. The world is a little different than most other setting in that all the cultures on the whole planet are connected. For almost two millennia about ten sea gates have connected the different continents of the world, making long distance travel and communication much faster and easier than compared to most other fantasy settings. This means that the players can come from all conceivable fantasy culture. There are barbarians in the north, steppe nomads, mountain dwelling dwarfs, elves in the forests, vast cosmopolitan cities, etc.

Every thousand years the planes align to produce mighty heroes. The players are the heroes chosen by the forces of 'good' to protect the world against the forces of 'evil' (the players can be any alignment they wish.) Everything starts at the small island of Chilhame where the Drow armies try to get their first foothold in an invasion that are going to affect the whole world. Will the heroes stop these vile creatures or will the fuck up and be fucked up?

This thread is for ooc chatter, questions, answers, comments, etc. I plan on having two groups but you won't be divided into groups just yet. I want to see what kind of characters you wish to play and if there're some of you that might not be comfortable with things other's want.

The characters that you have hinted to so far are in no particular order:

Sepulchritude:
ChrisGabriel - Female aasimar/elf Paladin/sorcerer (?)
ippo - Half-Orc Futa Witch/Occultist
strangelove - GM / Human Futa Barbarian/Druid

Dice Room: Roleplaying Dice Roller · Rolz

Ironuyh - Human Female Monk/Swashbuckler
Jayna - Ranger....
Sepulchritude - Female Drow Shifter/Witch
strangelove - GM / Sylph Futa Oracle/Sorcerer

Dice Room: Roleplaying Dice Roller · Rolz

Remember nothing is set in stone yet.

We will be using gestalt rules as described in UA (3rd ed) Gestalt Characters – 3.5e SRD. With the following additions:
Every character have two favored classes
[*]Every level a character can get two favored class bonuses - one per favored class
[*]A character must advance at least one of their original classes every level
[*]more - most likely as I think of it.

Last edited:
Hm... Gestalt rules... I think I can do the Paladin/Sorcerer combo, with my Aasimar having a celestial ancestor but basically being an Elf. (I only has to revise the Snake part, but who knows, Naga or Couatl ...)

The sorcerer/paladin is a really great option for the gestalt rules. The only limiting factor for the paladin is the alignment restrictions.

I haven't DM'ed gestalt myself before. But I have been in a few (3.5ed) games on rpol that used it. In all honesty the characters that you make with those rules are not insanely powerful. They often suffer from MAD unless you are very careful. Also even if you make a sorcerer/paladin you hit some problems with spell failure and such. Even then the main thing to determine overall power level of characters in d&d/pathfinder is your actions - and you don't get any more actions from gestalt. So all in all you have more versatile characters but not necessarily more powerful ones.

I think gestalt can work. I've also never used it before, but with fewer players it can be useful.

Also, what level are we starting at? As I said in my character idea, I'm alright with starting at lvl.1, but gestalt rules can make that even more viable.

I've always wanted to see how Gestalt would work, so I'm certainly down to be using it! It makes one of my ideas free of worry as to how I'd allocate levels, though I'm not quite sure what I'd do in the case of playing a sorcerer. But, given the amount of people seeking to play casters, I'm not sure I'll have to worry about such things. 🙃

I'm leeeeery of power creep, but I'm currently in a L20 mythic game so nothing is real anymore. Were you talking about Mutually Assured Destruction or some other kind of MAD?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they were referring to characters being Multiple Ability score Dependent (MAD).

lol - I was of course referring to Multiple Ability Dependency (or whatever it stands for).

With the point buy system it can be hard for characters that need high stats in more ability scores (the worst example of this was the 2nd edition paladin).

I think that's perfectly ok. It helps curb our power creep so that one half of our gestalt might be a bit weaker than the other (unless you don't need to worry about varied ability scores)

Since we're going Gestalt, it makes the Swashbuckler/Monk class easier. I'll probably do with that, since we look to have quite a few casters in the works.

I rather like having a party full of spellcasters. It makes things interesting! And forces us to solve problems in different ways than normal.

I'm not being cheeky! I've never heard of that "MAD" before! Tch!

In any case, I'm almost guaranteed to be making a spellcaster. I might even hamstring myself and make a double caster.

Hm. In particular, I'm leaning into a halfling or gnome hounded by something incompatible with their society, something that leans hard on their willpower to restrain. So they left to keep the consequences of faltering to themselves? Or maybe not quite so edgy, and it's a journey to discover w-t-f, or the wanderlust is part of the calling. Maybe a psychic/kineticist with particularly uncontrolled archetypes.

The other major option is a Marianist drow whose family was run out of Jehannum before their birth, but who is being called by Arkady to the future site of the upcoming invasion to provide local knowledge, a spy who doesn't know themselves as one. The best Manchurian. Probably a wizard of some kind, or another education-caster, paired with something upsettingly gnostic.

Thoughts?

I think it is time to create the two party... along kinks. Easier to see what kind of sure characters it already has...

I saw that, thank you. I guess I'm not the only one with the book ;)

I do however only have the first book as pdf. The next two I have in hard copy and it will be a little harder to transfer information once we get there - but I guess I'll manage.

Ahh.. Alright :D

Not that it matters much if any of you do. Just as long as you don't read further than the descriptions in the beginning. Also there will be key features that I intend to change.

I'm not sure it's possible to make the groups 100% compatible regarding kinks. But I've tried to do my best.

The two parties will be:

Team 1
Ironuyh - Female Monk/Swashbuckler (?)
Jayna - ?
Sepulchritude - ?
strangelove - GM / Futa PC

Group A
Liminal - ?
ChrisGabriel - Female aasimar/elf Paladin/sorcerer (?)
ippo - Half-Orc Futa Witch/Oracle
strangelove - GM / Futa PC

Back
Top Bottom