Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[WB] Developing a Discord Server

Antihero Paladin

Meteorite
I am currently developing a discord roleplay about a small town that has strange happenings and even stranger residents. I got the idea because a lot of roleplay servers that I found just weren't for me, so I thought "why not make one of my own?"
My problem is that I am having issues developing the world. I thought it would be a fun idea to incorporate something I called the Calamity that destroyed most of the town so that we could build the town as a community, getting people more invested into the roleplay. So far we only have a college and the residential area.
This is a modern day rp with paranormal and fantasy twists, like Eureka, warehouse 13, Supernatural, and Haven meets Dungeons and Dragons, and World of Darkness.
My issue is that I am trying to develop more essential server channels and things so that my players have more wiggle room to explore and perhaps send a suggestion to me of a channel to build for them.
What should I put in to get my players to interact more? What would inspire them to roleplay?

I should also mention that I have several channels on it so far, both SFW and NSFW:
Residential areas for people at home and neighborhood get togethers. (Both SFW and NSFW)
My Character's home, the Mayor's House
I have the town square for people to sort of congregate.
Then I have general roleplay for both SFW and NSFW
Add to that I have the College channel that one person has already posted in the dorms (yay šŸ˜­) classes, main campus and a school store for all your books, supplies, school pride paraphernalia, and magical wares... run by another player who hasn't posted yet due to lack of traffic.
I also have the set up with a post for a construction site setting up for someone to come up to the Mayor and talk to him/her/them/it (They're a Doppelganger) about what to build.
Do you think I am off to a decent start, or could I add something to promote more interaction and roleplaying?

You have a Calamity that destroyed a town with paranormal happenings and destruction. I think you need to add some danger zones for exploration and artifact diving, maybe for personal collection or for a museum that they are trying to restore. This ties in with your Warehouse 13 idea (a show that I love as well!).

Back
Top Bottom