Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's your favourite word?

Indoubitably. I cannot say it without doing a posh British accent. It's essentially a superfluous way of saying, "for sure".

Hubris. Whenever I have to name a ship (in a game/story that is, not IRL, I'm not Aristotle Onassis geez) I always call it that. I am fascinated by the idea (RIP Bellerophon) and it's a great song.

At the moment it's 'Geurenblind'. It's Dutch and not even an existing word, yet still used in a commercial. It's a take on the Dutch translation for Colour blind (kleurenblind), and it means something as blind for smells (it won't surprise anyone it's a commercial for Air Fresheners)

Splendid

Try it out. Big Ups if you tent your fingers when you say it.

Unfathomable. In the correct context of course. It's monstrous appearance was unfathomable, sending the mind reeling in shock. Or in an utterly ridiculous one. The scope of this ice cream sundae is unfathomable, in size, in taste and composition.

Your dick is not unfathomable, however. Merely impressive.

Reverberate has always been one of my favorites. That being said, my second is the archaic word for a bat, flittermouse.

Defenestration. The fact that s at some point in history enough people were getting yeeted out of windows that they needed to create a word for it makes me happy inside for some reason.

eudemonia - a feeling of content, blessedness, mostly associated with the happiness found with aimless wandering and travel just for the joy of it. I love traveling and seeing a lot of places, this word resonates with me so well. Never got a chance to use it in roleplay though!

Back
Top Bottom