Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Passengers | Interest Check

AshleyTheNarwhal

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
tumblr_ogrik4w8Ei1r5joqho4_400.gif

"So why did you give up your life on Earth?"

5000 Brave people give up their lives on Earth to embark on a journey to inhabit a new planet Homestead II aboard the Avalon. All of the future colonists and crew are sealed away in hibernation pods to sleep through the 120 year voyage. When the Avalon passes through an asteroid field the ship malfunctions and wakes up (4-6) passengers 90 years early. Some of the distraught passengers try to go back to sleep, but it won't work. Maybe there was a reason that they were woken up...

What I'm looking for:

I'm looking for a small group, between four to six people to participate. I don't really care how long your posts are as long other people can respond to it effectively. So someone that can write at least two to three paragraphs would be a plus. I want to try to keep the sexes even as well. I would like for the characters to be 18+ years old.

I think this would be a fun rp to do, if you're interested respond below. If there is enough interest I will bump the number up.

I would be interested in joining this. I remember thinking how this setting would make an amazing RP back when I first watched the film. If there is no interest from other writers, I would be okay playing multiple roles. If it comes down to just you and I, we could both create two or three characters. It might also be a good narrative option to have extra members of the group that can potentially die during certain parts of the story to give greater meaning to the lives of the characters who survive.

Two ideas I have for potential characters for me to play:

Dr. Alistair MacCullen, a Scottish alcoholic computer scientist whose appearance I would base on David Tennant, or someone else if you prefer, perhaps Ewan McGregor or Tom Hiddleston. If it turns out to be the latter, I would change him to be English and he would act similar to Loki. He was meant to help oversee systems integration of the passengers' new habitats on Homestead II, but after waking up 90 years too early, he turns into a sort of a villain to the group. If you'd like, we could say he was the first to wake up and it was through his machinations that the other pods were opened. Depending on what you'd prefer, I could make him just a bit of an arsehole or downright dastardly.

Zakedashir "Zack" Nazari, a young Egyptian-Canadian mechanical engineer meant to provide maintenance and repair to the community service droids once the Avalon lands on Homestead II. I would likely base his appearance on Mena Massoud (Aladdin), unless you had someone else you'd prefer.

A possible third idea I have is: Sebastian Dane, a security officer who previously served in the Australian Defence Force's Joint Military Police Unit. After leaving active military service, he spent a few years as a flight security officer for Virgin Galactic before applying to join the Avalon program. For his appearance, I was thinking Chris Hemsworth or Hugh Jackman, but same as the others, I am open to other options.

This movie actually intrigued me when I watched it for the first time with no idea what to expect. The heavy emotions in a forced enclosed space would make for a brilliant roleplay setting. Count me in if you’re going to do this.

I would be glad to play a female, specifically a Doctor / Surgeon / Genetic scientist. Perhaps someone that was part of the initial team that conceptualised the move to Homestead. She would be a very positive character that could give a lot to a broken group dynamic like this.

I could also give it a go as a polar opposite troublemaker character, working class with anger issues. One that can give rise to many elements of conflict within the group.

Looking forward to see how this goes. I’ll watch the thread. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom