Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Receiving alerts from threads I've never visited or added to Watched threads?

Mathim

Star
I have absolutely no clue why I keep receiving alerts for this thread I've never clicked on, Miami Beach University - Profiles, and I tried clicking 'watch' and then 'unwatch' to see if that would stop them, but they still keep coming through every time a new post is made in that thread I have no interest in. How do I stop that?

I didn't even go anywhere near the thread, or even the subforum in which the thread is located, when I started getting the alerts. Once I visited the thread to try to figure out what was going on, I thought clicking on "Watch" and then clicking "Unwatch" after would fix it. It did not. So hopefully it can be resolved since it appears to be beyond my ability to fix on my own.

I haven't visited that subforum for weeks, and I'd be getting tons more alerts if I did have the entire thing on Watch. I thought if I posted in a thread, it would automatically become Watched, but not even having looked inside the thread should not be possible to cause that. Might it have something to do with the thread's creator? Like if I click on their profile can it cause it to automatically be followed by me?

Never mind, I was somehow without ever clicking on anything Watching that subforum. That should really not be an automatic feature, it should be limited to threads only for automatic alerts and manual to watch an entire subforum.

Back
Top Bottom