Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Looking to run a small, slower paced campaign. (DnD 5e)

messylips

Star
I'm looking to run a small scale (literally maybe 2 or 3 players) slower paced DnD 5e campaign over discord, I'm actually looking to run a prewritten adventure or perhaps start with one and take it in whatever direction we might want to go in.

Given the small nature of this game I will be taking applications for characters, either post here or pm me a small character profile (note this isn't a full character sheet, more a proof of concept) using this format.

Character name:

Race:

Class (or a list of multiple possible classes):

Gender and preferred gender of partners:

Percentage of the 4 pillars you'd like to see(exploration, combat, roleplaying and smut) :

Adventure(s) you'd like to play through:
Character story/concept:

Any appropriate images to evoke your character are welcome as well.

I have a few concepts in mind, but I'd just like to show my interest.

1. An assimar Sorlock for heals and Eldritch Blast
2. A kind of Human 'All Might' Monk
3. A changling Rogue, they can be anything you want.

I'm currently In a campaign, but i could certainly get involved in another, do love my 5e. Would this be Play By Post? And what do you mean by "Slower paced"?

For characters I also have a few concepts based on what the party might need, and could come up with more:
1: Wood Elf Open Hand Monk Urchin
2: Enchantment wizard, maybe half elf?
3. Draconic Bloodline Sorceress.

Gender: all female characters. Preferred partners: I'd say it depends on the character.

Not sure what percentage I'd prefer. I'm always up for good Roleplay, and I do enjoy combat but wouldn't want it to take precedence. As for smut level, would depend on campaign and other players. I'd be fine with smut heavy or with just every now and then.

Adventures: I don't know any of them, really, but that's intentional to avoid spoilers. Just, not curse of strahd. that's what the other one i'm currently in is.

Ya know, why not. I've never done DnD with a group... well, I guess a did a home-brewed Mass Effect using 5e until the GM disappeared but that's beside the point.

For characters, I have a two go-to characters, one of them is able to be revised and a third character is more an interest than something I've actually used or really looked into.
1: I have an Aasimar Hexblade Warlock, but I like the warlock in general and wouldn't mind using a Tiefling or trying a different kind of warlock.
2: I have a Changeling Rogue that I used once as well, she was made more with the intent of being a solo in a heisting sort of gig, but that can always be revised
3: The last idea, and the one I've not really looked into or come up with any ideas for is the Ranger. I don't even know what sub-classes there are or what race I would want to use, but I see a changeling rogue and aasimar warlock were also mentioned above and wouldn't mind looking into this to get it out of the way.

Gender: I play female characters, though the changeling can and will alternate because changeling things.

Preferred partners: hetero, futas aren't an acceptable substitute (I just don't like them).

Adventures: I don't know of any, I've never gone through a module so whatever is fine with me.

Images: I have a ton of potential images and it depends on what character I use, don't feel like dropping a ton of links to random images

Edit: Forgot to include my preferred percentages. To be honest, I'm a wild card there. I enjoy getting into combat when I play solo games, but with a group, exploring could be fun and roped into roleplay anyways. Smut also gets roped into roleplay, and probably combat in certain instances -looking over OP's f-list-. I have no particular preferences.

Last edited:
Hehehe, alot of us seem to have the same mind set.

Gender and preferred gender of partners: Heterosexual male, so females preferred but I can be bi-curious.

Percentage of the 4 pillars you'd like to see(exploration, combat, roleplaying and smut) : Equally 25% across the board, to be honest, I'm more for character and romance then straight up lewd, but I also own a 5e ERP D&D discord channel, so i can make it work.

Adventure(s) you'd like to play through: Any would be good, I've never played any of the modules.
Character story/concept: Depends on the character, and Ill make it work.

If we need a tank or fighter, I can easily come up with something. Might be my chance to make a druid or paladin.

Last edited:
I would want to know if you have any limits on content/books, so far I'm very much leaning ranger, but that might depend on whether or not you want just the basic stuff or just one book or whatever else you may decide. Another thing, is rangers seem to be a little finicky with some of their traits in the sense that I would probably need to know what module you're planning to use before I go about finalizing a character unless you'd rather pick something centered around the group.

The revised ranger is quite a bitter better in terms of finickyness, I'm open to nearly all official stuff, UA is on a per case basis.

By slower paced I mean simply that posts won't be constant, a few posts a week, perhaps a bit more when a conversation is going on here and there.

If no one knows any modules I may just take the easy route and go with one I know well, namely the starter set adventure minds of phandelver.

As for comp I think a monk a warlock and perhaps a cleric or fighter wouldn't be remiss, ranger would certainly have a place along side a sorclock and a rogue, very sneaky talky group, lots of good choices so far!

Gonna give it maybe 24 hours more and see if anyone else is interested, I will then pm the discord code to those I have chosen!

I honestly, didn't even know anything about a "revised" ranger. Looking into that now, I was more looking at the archetypes in xanathar's guide to everything but I was ALSO considering a race from a different book, but I think I'll just end up opting for human on this one since I've noticed people like to only allow one book. If the UA ranger is fine with you then I'll probably be using that. Depending on the others, my mind is pretty made up since I haven't used them yet where I've used my other two mentions already.

So, I'm looking at the revised ranger, I see what you mean by a bit less finicky. As for better, I wouldn't really know, I'm rather simple minded and so far the trade seems to be a lack of attacking twice to have more ability with knowing beasts and the land. You said UA is on a per case basis, would you even allow the ranger? Would probably save me time if you said no, but if you are allowing it then I'll compare the two and see what's up. Oh, there is an 'extra attack' but its a deep stalker thing.

Last edited:
UA ranger does add some pretty decent improvements, especially Hunter's Mark coming pre-built as part of the class instead of being a spell that you basically have to take. Similarly the UA is supposed to be Alternative options, so you can pick and choose a couple if you think having all of them would be bad.

As for myself, I could certainly play a monk, or a caster, but as my name suggests I do love a good rogue, and bards are notorious for getting into beds. I'm not too picky. I enjoy making characters so creating someone to fit the roll could be fun.

I'm not sure what you mean by alternative options, but the UA ranger archetypes, the conclaves, seem to give something at level 5 as well where the regular ranger on its own gives extra attack at 5. I'm also not seeing anything about hunters mark being a base part of it. I'm actually seeing two rangers in UA so that's confusing me atm and I'm trying to sort out what or why.

Oh so that's what you mean by alternative options. I was just looking at the compendium and it has a ranger class and a revised ranger class, both of which are different from the basic ranger >.<

Rangers have gotten a lot of revisions, what with the original apparently not being that good. but now there's lots of options so thats cool, if a bit complex.

Yeah, reading this, it's claiming the ranger was the weakest class with a lot of play dissatisfaction or something. I don't like the UA ranger, it seems to replace archetypes with a spirit beast path of sorts and doesn't have anything past level 5... not sure if it's intended to be used with the regular ranger or something but it seems half assed otherwise and not sure why it's even a thing.

As for the revised one... I said something about not having extra attack, but getting a better look, it basically has extra attack in the conclaves made to go with it, obviously its meant for any other archetypes like the ones from Xanathars. I'm going to compare the two a bit more and look into this module so I know what I should be preparing for, you know, don't pick undead if I'm expecting nothing but goblins or something. Probably seems meta-ish, but when I have one choice for a class trait, I don't really care personally.

Curiosity, are you planning to just do the module or potentially continuing after it's done?

So, I gave them both a look over and as much as the Xanathar archetypes sounded interesting, they were pretty specialized. One is for dark environments or underdark, one is for planar/otherworldly stuff, and the other was like big monsters or something. My only gripe with the revised ranger is it seems to give an actual list of creatures to choose from, but I'm not picking beast conclave anyway so it doesn't really matter. I am planning to use hunter conclave.

If everyone likes, i can go with my aasimar sorlock, they get cleric spells for healing so I can cover the cleric route, but im more for the role playing. If its a cleric, they follow a fertility goddess.

The ranger is a bit confusing, with different revisions and such.

We wouldn't be using the class variants document only the revised ranger document, the xanathars subclasses are actually considered quite strong but of course the choice is yours.

Good to know on the class variants. Also what level do we start at? I'm assuming one but if you have different plans then that'd be good to know, especially if someone multiclasses.

Yeah they're strong, but they have specialties that probably don't really apply to us and this module looks like it's only supposed to go to level 5 anyway so I'm not too worried about what they might do later on.

I fully intend on going past 5, likely in my own story based around the PCs, assuming we have the momentum and desire for it.

That's good to hear. I would be interested in that for sure and I'll have to look over the other archetypes again tho. The one I was looking at is still questionable. The gloom stalker or stalker conclave. It's good, but if the others rely on light to see then it wouldn't quite benefit me as much as it should. Though it would he more exciting than hunter which seems to just get choice buffs at different levels. Probably worth noting that I intend to mostly use melee, though I can switch to ranged if someone else uses a more dedicated front. If we go with the more stealthy approach with a rogue I'll probably do stalker

Seems most of the concepts out here would have dark vision, so gloom stalker could work easily enough.

I'm interested as well, although it might be good to mention I don't really know all that much about 5e (stuck to 3rd edition and later Pathfinder due to nostalgia and such)

Since you don't seem to have a dedicated frontline character yet I will go with a human fighter

Gender and preferred gender of partners: (mostly) heretosexual male

Percentage of the 4 pillars you'd like to see(exploration, combat, roleplaying and smut): An even mix leaning towards more exploration. I'm a big fan of hexcrawl games that let you just go explore and find stuff on your own due to playing some Kingmaker (again, that was Pathfinder but I assume 5e DnD has something similar at least in spirit)

Character story and concept: I will send a proper story over once we get this up and running, but I'm leaning towards the big, loveable oaf type.

Back
Top Bottom