Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Roleplaying on GTA V Online

Zoeify

Moon
This is a weird question but do you guys like roleplaying in video games? Recently I've been craving erp in gta online. Would anybody be interested in that?

I enjoy GTAO, I play regularly with some chums and we have a great time. I've watched a few videos of streamers playing the actual GTARP servers, but that didn't interest me - it's just a 3D chatroom really. The RP mods don't have any of the cool toys or missions, they're more focused on just player interaction. Things can get really crazy on a regular basis and we all enjoy some casual RP, but ERPing in regular GTAO would just be too weird for me. Most player interaction involves blowing each other up!

ERP has definitely been a thing in WoW since the start, but I've never ventured far into Azeroth. Then of course there's Second Life where it's literally a meme; "Ralph plz go". But personally I'm not interested in ERPing in a MMO, for the same reason I avoid 'sexting' or IM gaming: I prefer a long slow literary exchange rather than a digital face-to-face.

True I see where your coming from. I enjoy it because I find it easier to visualize the environment and characters, also it's also comforting knowing the other person is visualising the same thing as you. I also don't like the rp servers.

I like how it aids your immersive experience, it's all about getting into character after all.

After posting I just remembered the wide weird world of VR Chat, where ERPing seems not only common but encouraged, although everyone is either a cute oni girl or Ugandan Knuckles!

I am hopeful Red Dead Redemption Online could become something where that kind of RP becomes really doable. It has a somewhat more mature playerbase than GTAO and roleplaying comes easy in the immersive setting. But you're not even allowed to consort with floozies in RDRO: while GTA at least has you shaking the car with a hooker, in RDRO you just get a bath. No nooky allowed in Rockstar's Wild West.

I played with Starcraft at one point; otherwise I've been interested in a lot of games, but I never went far. I'm more interested in plot when considering video game roleplay, but the idea does interest me.

I love the idea of feeling like you and your partner are both existing in the same place. You can see each other's movements, positions, and clothing in real time in perfect vision. While in roleplay I often ask myself "What the hell is goin on!?"

Back
Top Bottom