Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How to develop Interest

It has been a decade since I am doing roleplays, but unable to develop interests in other genre than slice of life. Several times, I have tried to develop some interest in Sci-Fic and fantasy-based themes, but failed. I am looking for some help and suggestions from your side.

Thanks

Not sure there is a way to cultivate interest if it just isn't there. You can try exposing yourself to a wider swath of media in that genre, but if it isn't for you, there is nothing wrong with that.

xanaphia's advice is good, but I'll throw this idea into the hat: you could try incorporating small elements of other genres into your stories. Maybe you dislike horror, but you'd be okay with one of your characters coming up against a serial killer. Maybe you dislike sci-fi, but would be okay with retelling the story of the Titanic in space. Maybe you dislike fantasy but love history; you could write a low-fantasy story based on some real-world historical event.

If none of that appeals to you, xanaphia is probably right.

I used to have no interest in slice of life rps, but then I started adding some fantasy elements, and slowing easing back until I was like "I like this idea without throwing magic or vampires in." Could also try taking the slice of life idea and adding a touch of something else-like coming up against a serial killer or human-like alien interactions, and other such things.

Back
Top Bottom