Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lancer: The Tannhäuser Incident [OOC]

Quick question: Since you explained we'll basically be jumping to LL5 after the first mission, can we change the mech names if we get a new mech?

And I am alive, and working on a character. Just so I know what everyone else is looking to fill out role wise... Well, what roles are people looking to fill? I'm happy to fill in a blank spot as far as niche goes.

I'm sort of building One Chance as an all-rounder, probably mostly mid-range with a focus on mobility thanks to the jump jets. The rules did suggest not to worry about lance composition too much, so I figure we should be okay.

Templar will be a mobility focused melee fighter with a focus to close in on enemies fast and then hit them for massive melee damage.

Gotcha gotcha, hrmmm. I was looking initialy at making a melee type fighter myself, but I think i'll try a different role then just in case! While composition isn't too important I suppose, it'd be nice to make sure we all have fun niches.

IRL is being particularly painful at the moment. I should be around a wee bit later this weekend.

And yes, I fully encourage you to explore different ideas / niches. So far, I see two characters and they both look good!

Just clarified with kcolbe that they were actually just looking to follow along, not play themselves, so I'll throw together a character after all! I'm looking at putting together a hacker/tech-attack type and probably switching to a Dusk Wing later. Should have stats up shortly!

Haha been kinda busy myself. Haven't forgotten, just need the free time to build!

And posted! Let me know if that backstory is all good, mystictiger. Happy to make any changes if you need!

On the topic of backstory, do our characters know each other's backstory already or is that just out of character information?

Good question!

In Aiha's case, I figure your characters probably know the broad strokes - that she's a hacker who grew up on a station, that she's clearly in hiding or on the run from something, maybe that she runs an AI in her mech that she's rather protective of - but probably not the details of her history with FENRIR, why she left the station, or what exactly she's got to hide, since she'd be pretty cagey with that information without a real good reason to trust you.

Alternatively, if this is their first job together and they didn't get much of a chance to talk on the way over, your character might not know much about her at all.

Well, my character's backstory isn't much to write home about. She was mercenary. She got a big payday; relaxed for a few years; and now she's back on the market because funds ran out.

Dutch would be forthcoming about his past if anyone asked. His family were farmers on a frontier world; he learned to pilot on a sim module on an abandoned Protectorate base. Pirates hit the colony when he was a teenager, and he was picked up by a crew of mercs who responded to the distress hails. He signed on with them to earn his keep, until they parted ways when their captain was KIA. This is his first job since.

Having now had a chance to actually run Lancer, I've absolutely fallen out of love with it. It feels, to me, like half the game is missing - the stuff in the mechs is well done and interesting, but outside? Bleh. Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom