Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

UK Elections!

Has everyone on here from the UK voted today?

Post who you voted for and why!

Labour as usual for me, can’t stand Jeremy Corbyn but considering the alternatives I had no choice 😂

You'll be waking up to a nightmare then. I'm not from the UK, but I've lived in Leicester for 9 years, moving back to the Netherlands (where I'm from) a week after the referendum.

To me this result is totally no surprise, I had thought it a little bigger even. But now the real carnage starts. People have been focussing too much on getting away from the EU, but they'll find themselves in a country that'll be rapidly deteriorating. Say goodbye to the NHS, in its current form, and a major crisis will be looming. But, if you wanted to buy a house, wait a year or so, prices will drop in a very significant rate.

Don't get me wrong I'm not surprised by it at all, I knew the Tories were going to win.
Unfortunately the only thing that seemed to matter in this election was Brexit (so fucking sick of that word).

The NHS is all but gone already, it's been heading this way for the last 10 years at least. Unfortunately it's only a matter of time before large American pharmaceutical companies pick it off piece by piece. All because Boris Johnson won't force his friends in the countries elite to fully pay their taxes.

The only real alternative to the Tories was Jeremy Corbyn but he's a communist and terrorist sympathiser so either way we were fucked.

The only real alternative to the Tories was Jeremy Corbyn but he's a communist and terrorist sympathiser so either way we were fucked.

Yeah, the smears against Corbyn were so effective, they are deploying them in America now too.

"The only Jewish man in the race? Yeah, he's actually an anti-semite!" :rolleyes:

I voted for who I thought was best for Scotland and I have no regrets! I hate Corbyn and Johnson! There was no least worst option! They're both arseholes! You know how there were those morons going down Downing Street screaming not my Prime Minister....Well assholes, most of my adult like I've had to accept the prime Minister won't be who my country wants it to be so grow up!

Sorry I'm just fed up with this crap!

On the plus side the DUP got their ass kicked, and the unionists are hanging on by the edges of their ugly hooked fingers. Silver linings and all that.

Still, Boris winning was no surprise when Jeremy just had a knack for making terrible PR moves and had some looming specters floating above his head.

On the plus side the DUP got their ass kicked, and the unionists are hanging on by the edges of their ugly hooked fingers. Silver linings and all that.

Still, Boris winning was no surprise when Jeremy just had a knack for making terrible PR moves and had some looming specters floating above his head.
I'll be honest I think he stuck around too long. He led Labour through the Brexit Referendum and the 2017 election either one of those he should have left. it just allowed the UK public to dig through his dirty Laundry.

I voted Labour, but without much enthusiasm. The party has been hijacked by Trots from the 70s who haven't changed their mindset, and made wild promises that they hadn't laid the groundwork to get the public to trust them on. Corbyn has been a disastrous choice of leader; wedded to causes like Venezuela, Hamas and anti-Israel and venerating Russia like it's still the USSR and you somehow believe it's anti-Imperialist, as though these matter to people on zero hours contracts with poor public services. There has been a focus on ideological purity and lambasting those on the right of the party as "centrists" (as though that was a bad thing) and "red Tories". Telling people to "fuck off and join the Tory party" when they disagree with them, and, shock - they did.
Hopefully this disaster will convince Labour it needs a totally different approach, but I'm not hopeful. Yes yes, Brexit fatigue, but any competent opposition could have made mincemeat of this shower of a government.
And don't blame the Tory press. It's the water every Labour leader swims in, and you just need to deal with it. Plus - does anyone under 50 even read newspapers fgs?

Back
Top Bottom