Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Multiple Stories to be Had!

PhoenixRising82

“Ours is the Magic. Ours is the Power.”
So, I’m participating in a fun little writing exercise game over on E. I think I’ll post my entries here as well. All in one place, hopefully for your enjoyment! Comments are welcome!

Fair warning: Not a tear was shed while writing this particular one! I cried like a big baby once I posted it and re-read it though. So....maybe bring a Kleenex. If you’re prone to that sort of thing. 😅

—————————

Title: The Christmas Eve Spirit
Date: December 6, 2019
Tags: Tragic, Undying Love
Word count: 391
Summary: Does love really ever die?
Eve’s husband knows it doesn’t. As she still visits the cozy little cabin and him every year since her tragic accident on the way up to meet him for their Christmas Eve tradition at Algonquin Falls.

——————————————————————

December 24th
4 o’clock pm

He slammed the trunk closed after making sure everything was secured within. The years old two-footer, all the trimmings and everything else needed for the yearly trip up to the little cabin right near Algonquin Falls. All for her. Always, for her.

The solitary three hour drive was chilly, through the ever increasing snow. It was worth it though, to wait for her, it always had been. For her.

A sadness passed over him momentarily as he carefully navigated the winding and treacherous road, and his headlights shone on the old wreath and flower strewn cross, that had been there, in the second to last bend of the road now for the past two years. He knew soon though, he would reach the cabin.

He checked in under their usual and began hauling everything into the cozy little cabin. The windows looked out onto the blanketed wilderness beyond. The Falls, half frozen, misting, just up and to the left. Beautiful and picturesque, as always. She loved it. Always had.

He took a moment, taking in the beauty of it all before he set to making it even more so. Setting the tree up in the corner, trimming it in pearls, silver bulbs and golden star shaped lights. A few more strands of lights strewn around the room would dispel the darkness once he cut the overhead lights. Just for her. Just as she liked it.

He settled into the bed, back resting against the picture window. He would relax, maybe take a nap and wait. As he always had. For her.

The old mantel clock began its soft chime as midnight approached. He stirred. Feeling the soft chill pressing against his back, he shifted but dared not open his eyes just yet. It wouldn’t be long now.

He heard her come in. Felt the bed shift as she nestled, straddled atop his lap. The soft brush of her fingers as they tangled into the hair at the nape of his neck. A breath sweeping across his lips as she whispered.

”I love you. Now and always.”

As the last bell to Midnight chimed, his eyes opened, just in time to see the faint outline of her beautiful, love filled, smiling face before it disappeared.

His Christmas Eve had come and gone for another year.

Back
Top Bottom