Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Closed for now) DM for D&D 5e looking for players (Curse of Strahd)

ValPal

Moon
Howdy folks!
I'm new to this site, and would like to run a Curse of Strahd game!
Ideally looking for 2-3 players, playing for a couple hours weekly, with something like a 30/70 smut/gameplay ratio, although as with all things, that's flexible.
I'm thinking play-by-post, as I'm not sure I would be quick enough on my feet to narrate smut by voice.
Here's a link to the WoTC page about it: Curse of Strahd | Dungeons & Dragons but the tldr is that you're trapped in the Vampire lord Strahd's demiplane, and must eventually confront him in order to escape.
Any takers? Feel free to post in here or PM me if you have any questions!

I'll put up my hand as an interested party, for sure.

My first question is frequency of posting. Given timezones and real life commitments (I'm Australia Eastern, and spend most of my days at work - duh! - so rapid-fire posting is not going to happen from me), I can't say I'll be able to do "a couple of hours weekly" - but I can certainly put up a post at least every other day.

Other questions pertaining to the game can wait until we know how many others are interested.

Regarding posting frequency, this will be my first time doing a play by post game, so I'm not really sure what is usual. I imagine combat would be a real slog if it doesn't happen quickly.
Perhaps a few large-ish posts every few days, and if the party gets into combat we can schedule a time when we can all be present for a bit?

I should probably chime in here. Usual, in my experience, is that everyone loves daily posting (or even more) but no one's life actually permits that consistently, and no group is all people on the same schedule. I've generally seen three a week from everyone be where things wind up stabilizing, but it can be more than that when everyone is also on, say, group ooc chats and actually get along with each other.

Potentially interested! I'm curious to hear about your vision for the setting; I understand Barovia has some dimensional weirdness going on, where it may be sort of another plane or realm, either as part of the broader Ravenloft or otherwise? How much Ravenloft would be in play here? How much from other published D&D settings? Or would this be a homebrew world, or perhaps left purposefully vague so we can bring in whatever we want?

Personally, I'm not a fan of any of the published D&D settings, and I'd love to have some opportunity for more original material. As for posting, I should be able to commit to at least three a week, but probably not every day.

I've been trying to get into a 5e game for A While now so I'd definitely be interested. I've never done Play-By-Post as part of a group before so i'd be new to that, but I'm plenty willing to give it a shot.

I'm largely gonna be running it out of the book, so probably not up your alley Liminal. I might throw in a couple tidbits, but the game would take place exclusively in Barovia.

Oh, Barovia's fine; what I'm wondering about is the world beyond Barovia, that is, is it Ravenloft, Forgotten Realms, a different published D&D setting, something original, or what. If it won't be important or come up that's fine by me, as long as I can use that as license to make up an origin for my character that doesn't rely on a published canon.

Hey folks, I've found my players, so I'm closing this for now. If the need for more players (or perhaps as a guest role) arises, I'll bump the thread!

Sweet. Now just need to know what you're planning/allowing for characters, the character creation rules, etc... :)

My apologies for the confusion, I’ve already found my players and we’ve moved over to a discord server. There are however a couple of recurring NPCs I would be interested in being played by some folks when/if the party runs into them.
Sync, you’ll be first on the list for that!

Back
Top Bottom