Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Summer Nights {SWN1994/Ladydark}

SWN1994

Star
The painting was as if time had taken a step back to simpler times and for a moment no one else was around. Jason stood in the art exhibit with wide eyes as he found a painting of himself of all people being displayed. There, where he stood, he stared at himself in his teens covered in chalk pastels well under the pale moonlight. Everything in those painting popped out to him from his hair being brushed back, the bright smile he once held, and the sloshes of colorful powders on his tan skin and wine-red hair. The painting was not only recognizable because the subject was himself, but he had seen this as a photo once.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” a woman’s voice was soft as she brought Jason back from long ago memories. Since this painting, or photo, Jason had changed a bit as his skin had lighten and his hair was a darker shade and wine-red, not to mention he wore glasses now and his freckles hidden under some make-up. He liked different upon a quick glance, though someone he had known him would probably be able to see the same boy in the man next to the painting.

“Quite…who painted this?”

“My husband! Oh, you are from the magazine, correct? Wait right here I will go fetch him!”

“N-no that isn’t…. needed…” she ran off before Jason could finish his sentence. Looking back to the painting he frowned and felt his heart pound again. It had been so long.

Jason could still remember that day with the foreign boy. He had spent that summer showing him around and when The Festival of Colours came up and being so excited at the time had happily invited his “friend” to the festival. That night Jason had taken him up to the farmhouse, an abounded house in his village, and that was where the photo was taken. From that old porch. Those were memories which were bittersweet.

“I can’t.” Jason spoke to himself as he made his way to escape when one of the serves accidently spilled water on him. He had to stay there, being a nice as he was, and try to calm the server and saying he was okay. Jason just wanted to leave.

The woman returned shortly, Jason could hear her talking to her husband already.

He had been struggling, he’d lost his muse to paint, he had even had trouble sketching. So he had gone back to some of his old things, looking through all his boxes in the attic, that’s when he found it. It was the only thing he had left from that trip, the only thing he wanted to really hang on to. He sat in the attic looking at the photo for a long while, he had never gotten to say goodbye.

It wasn’t long after that, that he decided to try and paint the photo, and remember that time. And it had worked, he’d painted the photo beautifully. He had even felt inspired to do a few more paintings from that time in his life.

Fast forward a few months and his lovely wife had convinced him to put his work on show. So here he was, being pulled from the back room by said wife to talk some magazine jockey. He was talking to his wife as they were approaching a man who was talking to one of the wait staff. “Sweety... It was a personal piece... I don’t know what you want me to say...”

"Well, tell them why it inspired you for one. Heh, maybe then I will learn why." she replied and upon seeing the journalist wiping himself she gasped and rushed over. Being turned Jason looked up to find himself face to face with him. His stomach turned and quickly he tried to avoid the other's gaze. Lillian frowned and was about to say something when Jason rose his hand "Its fine. It was an accident, no need to become upset." Jason spoke softly.

Nodding Lillian turned to her hubby "Well, are you going to just stand there or introduce yourself, darling?"

Jason looked up to the other man for a moment he swore he felt like they were back at that farmhouse and all alone. Shaking it off he cleared his throat "Your painting...its quite breathtaking. I must say, it feels as if a lot of emotion was put into it...I apologize but I should be going now."

"Come now, you traveled this far to see art. Would you not like to take a moment and relax? Here," Lillian began taking Jason's coat even with his protest. Lillian was a hard-headed woman whom once she got her sight on something refused to let it go so easily "I shall have them clean your coat in the back, till its ready please enjoy your time here! My darling will ensure you do. Right dear?"

Jake sighs “Sweety, it’s private... Why can’t you understand that...” He saw the young man and tilts his head slightly, there was something about him. He turns to the painting a moment when he spoke and his eyes widen slightly. “What? O-Oh Sorry... I’m the artist, Jake Richards... And yes... It’s one of my favourites...”

Jake puts his hands up “Honey, I don’t think... Ok...” He turns back to the man slowly after watching his wife walk away. He rubs his neck and looks at his feet a moment. “It’s a... It’s been a long time... Jason...” He looks up at him again.

Jason was visibly uncomfortable and upon hearing Jake's voice it brought that village boy out a bit. The nervous smile on his lips couldn't help form "It has been...Mr. Richards." the smile faded and looking down he sighed heavily. "We don't have to talk. Honestly, I won't be offend." looking back to the painting Jason frowns. Why had he been painted? For what purpose did this old, bitter memory have to be laid on a canvas for all to see?

"...I see you've branched out into painting...I did always think you would be a wonderful painter. Guess I was right about you. The only thing I was right on." his voice was bitter near the end. As a server passed by Jason took a glass of wine and turned his back to Jake. "I'm glad to see you're doing fine. To think, after so many years I'd fine you...perhaps the devil really does work in bitter ways." He couldn't help but speak like that. "I should leave. Goodbye, at least we could have a proper farewell now." Jason began walking, though stopped as he turned back to Jake. Pulling a necklace from his neck the man offered it to Jake. It was something he had given to Jason during their time together. "Before I leave, here. You said this was your mother's, correct? I believe it should be returned to you."

Jake was a bit stunned to hear him talking like that, this wasn’t what he remembered. Jason was a kind and sweet boy and always had a smile on his face. He was about to say something when he turned and held out his mother’s necklace. “Y-You kept it... Wait, Jason no... I-I’m sorry for back then...” He looks around to see if his wife was coming and steps closer to Jason. “You don’t understand... Please... I gave that to you, for a reason...”

He looks back to the panting and smiles “I was in a slump... I couldn't find a reason to paint... So I went looking through my old things... And found that photo... And remembered that trip...” He frowns “And how it ended...” He turns back to him “I never wanted it to end like that... Please... Let me explain... Not here... But please...” He closes Jason’s hand back over the necklace “That belongs to you... Please Jay...”

"Of course I did...it means a lot to you." Jason soften up a little as he held the necklace longer. After that summer Jason took care of the necklace, always ensuring it was in repair and looked as new as the day he was given it. Frowning Jason looked away "...Its yours..." Jason replied back. He looked hurt. His eyes wide and sad as he looked up to Jake. This felt so familiar and Jason wasn't sure what to feel anymore.

He hadn't meant to snap like that, just in the moment brought something out of him.

Jake spoke and as he listened Jason held the necklace close to his chest. Frowning he nod "...I remember." Jason could still feel how he felt all those years ago. Embarrassed, upset, foolish. Feeling the other touch him made sparks run though out his body. Gripping the necklace firmly in his hand he nod. "Okay...okay then...Um...I'm in town for the next month or so. If you're free tomorrow we can meet at a cafe I've been going too. Its a short drive from here." Pulling away Jason felt embarrassed. How could he snap like that? He normally didn't act like this but after years of nothing, it just hit him.

"I should be leaving though. I'm honestly very tired and the cabs here take so long to come." Jason spoke softly as he was suddenly drained. Looking back up to the man, Jason reached out and touched his hand "I was worried you know...I know it was only for a summer but--"

"Darling!" Jason pulled his hand away quickly as Lillian came. With a smile she offered Jason his coat "Here you go, they were able to fix it up quickly. Oh, by the way your Jason Vons? The internal art journalist?"

"Yes, how did you...did you look into my pockets?" Jason was dumbfounded. Lillian laughed shyly before shaking her head "Of course not! Your card fall out and when I picked it up I happened to see your name. Anywho, thats no important, are you guys going to be here for long?" Nodding Jason rubbed his nose. This was getting weird. Clearing his throat he turned back to Jack "Here," offering his business card the young man offered a small, forced smile "If you need to call my number is on there. I hope to hear from you soon...perhaps we can meet sometime this week?"

Last edited:
He wanted to say ‘so do you’, but bit his tongue, it wasn’t the time for that. He then smiles slightly and nods “Sure, a cafe is just fine... My wi... Lillian, has a meeting tomorrow... So I’m free...”

He smiles a bit again “You do look tired...” He was about to hold his hand back when his wife came back. He looks to her and smiles slightly, then glances at Jason, this was the first he heard his last name.

He looks to the card and takes it, nodding slightly. “Sure... I’ll give you a call to set up a meeting... We can talk some more about my work...” He smiles to cover his anxiousness in front of his wife and pockets the card. “Also, I find if you go to a corner, the cabs are faster to come to you... Safe trip...”

He could tell he was getting nervous, so he took his wife’s elbow and lead her away. He glances back and smiles softly at him, then starts to talk to his wife as they walk.

"Your wife." Jason spoke softly as he pointed out who Lillian was for Jake. Brushing his fingers through his hair he nod in agreement. Jason, though sweet, was also someone who went straight to the point. It may have seem blunt, but with his family everything was straight to the point. To have Jake try to get around the fact he was married would not pass by Jason.

Jason could only offer a dry chuckle he rubbed his neck and nod "Going into your country is kind of a hassle."

Lillian listened and seemed more excited to hear that her husband would get to meet for an interview. As Jason left, Lillian happily wrapped her arms around her husband and hugged him tightly "This is great! Heh, I wish I could go with! Darling, you need to make sure you give a good interview. Mr. Vons is know very well for his articles on artworks, he might give you work a push to international."

The next day Jason made plans with Jake to meet at the cafe. Today he was dressed nicely, much different from when he younger, in a white dress shirt, black jeans, and black shoes. Waiting for Jake was nerve wreaking. With a cup of coffee, a fresh slice of chocolate cake and strawberries as his breakfast snack he waited for the man. This is just an interview...right? Come on Jason! Why do you have to be weird? Taking a bit of his strawberry the man took one more look around. Waiting again like the last time.

“I’m sure my work will speak for itself sweetheart... You just focus on your meeting... I’ll be fine...” He smiles softly at her and kisses her cheek and wraps an arm around her. They finish the gallery and he even sells a few of his other paintings, and secretly refusing an offer on his favourite panting.

The next day Jake was a mess after his wife left for her meeting, he couldn’t find anything to wear and his stomach was in knots. “Dammit... It’s just coffee!” He sighs and grabs his black jeans, a button up red shirt and a black hoodie. He checks the address again on his phone and takes a deep breath, then gets in his car.

He parks across the street from the cafe and looks through the window, seeing him. “If that day had been different...” He sighs and gets out of the car and heads across the street. He walks in and goes to order his drink before heading over to his table and taking a seat.

“Hey... Umm... I’m not really sure where to start... What... Would you like to know... I’ll answer anything...”

Upon seeing Jake enter the cafe, Jason waved to himself before letting him go off to grab himself a drink. Once he was joined at the table the young man took in a deep breath, given free range to ask whatever he wanted. With hands clasped and a burning question the young man looked up to Jake. "Why...why didn't you meet me at the farm-house that last night? We saw each other that morning...if you had an early flight why didn't you tell me...or...at least try to tell me something." Jason steadied himself as he waited for the other's answer.

That night Jason had waited inside the abounded farm-house until morning. He waited in the room they would spend those warm nights in, just laying on the mattress he covered with a blue sheet and the only light most nights coming from the moon itself or the flickering of lanterns. Even after so many years Jason would still remember nights of whispering into the early mornings, and Jason bringing food to cook for breakfast. The village boy had spent his whole summer with Jake, showing him the forest and everything they could do both in the village and the nearby town. During the afternoons Jason usually worked at his grandfather's shop; however, he had snuck away as much as he could to go visit Jake and listen to him talk about his own country. So, being left with not even a note left to explain why he wouldn't go to the farm-house.

"I know it must be beating a dead-horse, but I just need to know."

Jake looks at him with a frown and nods “I guessed that would be your first question...” He grips his cup slightly and looks at him “We did see each other that morning... And I was so excited to spend that night with you... I thought I had another week... I wanted to do so much more... With... With you...” He bites his lips and looks down a moment “But... After our meeting that morning... I came back to the house we were staying at, and I found all my things packed... Father had gotten a call and we had to leave right away... I begged him to let me go say goodbye... Leave a note... Anything...” He rubs his hands together slightly “I begged so much... He picked up a small branch and hit my hands...” He looks up at him again “I never meant to leave like that... And I didn’t know your last name to try and contact you...”

He closes his eyes and takes a few deep breaths, he could still remember the scolding his father had given him. “When I’m alone... Which isn’t often... I go back to your town... I can see it in my head, you were a great tour guide...” He looks at him “I missed you so much... That’s why, when I saw your picture, I had to paint you...

Listening to his former summer love Jason finally got the answer he wanted for so long. As he spoke Jason felt himself soften up, then guilt for being so mad over the years. Reaching over Jason covered Jake's hand, looking down, he couldn't face Jake now. Giving him a squeeze the man took a deep breath "...I'm sorry...I should have..." Jason didn't know what to say. Then Jake spoke more.

"Jake..." With a soft sigh the man ran his fingers through his hair, now learning the reason and in someway brought peace to the long time heartbreak. With a small smile he couldn't help but nod in agreement "I had to help you around my village. Lord, you would have been lost so much longer if I didn't," Jason looked up to Jake, his eyes getting watery "I've missed you too...I...I'm sorry how things ended up." Jason took a deep breath and wiped his eyes quickly. Wetting his lips Jason smiled a little "I'm sorry how I acted at the exhibit. I just...never in a million years would I have thought I would find you out of the blue as such. I was caught off guard."

Finishing his cake and drink the man stood up and offered his hand "Would you like to go for a walk? Perhaps you could give me a tour. That would be lovely."

“You didn’t know... You had every right to be mad and upset... For all you knew, I just left you...” He takes a deep breath then smiles a bit “I was so lost, wasn’t I...” He smiles at him and shakes his head slightly “Don’t be... You were hurt and seeing me after so long... And married no less...” He sighs softly again “Lillian is a lovely woman... And I do love her...” He bites his lip “To an extent...”

Jake talks with him a bit more as they finish their coffee and snacks. Jake looks at his hand a moment, then takes it and stands up, giving it a soft squeeze. “I think that’s a good idea... I have some more to say, but it’s best not said here...” He then starts to lead him outside and across the street to his car. “We aren’t far from the park... It’s a good place to walk and talk...”

Chuckling Jason couldn't help but smile "Coming by the family shop three times kinda gives it away...though, I was happy how many times you came by. It was kind of cute." Jason smiled brightly. That summer had just begun and even though he was with his grandparents he still had to work, which he did without complaint, and was glad as he got to meet Jake the second week of that summer. Frowning a bit as Jake made the comment about his wife, he nod. It wasn't easy having to be a woman when it wasn't something you would really like.

Nodding the young man happily followed Jake out of the cafe and towards his car well he kept his hand around the other's. "The park? Okay, that sounds nice." entering the car Jason looked around, his village didn't really have too many cars around - they were too expensive for most when it came it gas or repairs. Brushing his hair back Jason leaned back in the seat as Jake drove them to the park. Jason did talk about his village, how it was updated and even though most people still did not use cars, they were a common sight as others from the town over came to relax in the village now and again. Jason also mentioned how he had brought the old farm house they would spend their nights in, saying though he didn't have the time he was planning on fixing it up. Jason had always loved that farm house.

Following the path before them Jason asked questions about the other's life, asking about how he had gotten with his art or what he had been up too since they last saw each other. He held to Jake's hand, letting go if the other did anything to show he was uncomfortable with the action. It felt like old times even with thick coats and chilled air.

Jake’s smiles “Your village was wonderful, I’d only ever known the busy crowded noisy city... Then to be taken to this quiet little town, that didn’t smell of cars and people...” He looks at him as they drive down the street “I always wanted to go back... But father never took me... And as time went on, I had new things to learn... New paths to walk...”

Once at the park, he did take his hand again and would softly rub the back of it as they walked. He looks to him as they walked into a small wooded area of the trail. “I told you I loved my wife... And I do, she’s a lovely woman... A kind and smart person... But I didn’t pick her myself...” They rounded a corner and Jake stops a moment and turns to face Jason. “My father arranged my marriage... Because I wasn’t picking anyone...” He reaches up to run his fingers over his cheek softly. “They say you only truly fall in love once...”

Jake steps closer and looks into his eyes “I never thought I’d see you again... But I promised myself if I ever did... I wouldn’t make the same mistake again...” He tips his chin up slightly and leans down, kissing him soundly on the lips.

"Heh, the city is pretty noisy. My first year in a city was shocking to say the least." Jason relaxed into the seat and watched as everything passed by. With a small smile he shook his head "No need to explain. I understand...Besides, if you did I wouldn't have been there most likely. Once I started college I spent most of my time in the city and only came back during the winter months."

Walking hand-in-hand was nice and comforting as the other rubbed the back of his hand. Turing Jason paused once Jake stopped them. He understood how those things worked, his own parents were pressuring him into an arranged marriage and the only reason he was not yet in one was because of his grandparents. Feeling those fingers brush against his warm cheeks the young man felt his face go hot. "Jake..."

Frozen in place Jason watched as his former love moved closer, saying how mistakes wouldn't be made this time. Being kissed had brought Jason out of any frozen state he had been in and kissing back the red head pulled Jake close, wrapping his arms around the man's neck and holding on tight. Breaking the kiss after a minute Jason pressed his forehead against Jake's forehead. Shaking slightly Jason felt himself out of breath. Bringing Jake back he kissed the man tenderly before pulling back "I...this is sudden. Then again everything has been sudden since coming here." Jason chuckled softly. His head was still spinning and as he looked to the side for a moment before looking into Jake's eyes "Are you sure though? I mean...you have a whole life here. I know our feelings...but...in this world its not as if we can walk around freely." Jason frowned slightly. Hugging Jake the man took a deep breath.

"This is real, right? I'm not dreaming again?"

Jake smiles and enjoyed their little make out session, god he didn’t realize how much he had truly missed him. He looks at him and cups his cheek, rubbing it softly. “Sudden... Yes... And I do have a life here... True...” He leans in and kisses him softly again “I never stopped loving you... I may have hidden it, and seemingly moved on... But you were always there...”

He hugs him back and grips his shirt slightly “It’s real... God it better be real... I don’t care, I’m not losing you again...”

Jason held onto Jake, shaking slightly from being overwhelmed but none-the-less happy to hear those words coming from him. Wiping his eyes Jason pulled back slightly and kissed Jake's cheek. "I love you, Jake...God, I wanted to say that for so long."

The wind began to pick up a little and Jason looked around, no one was there. Perhaps a storm was scheduled to come in? Tugging on Jake's hand he smiled "Would you like to go back to my hotel? I think a storm might be coming in, I don't see anyone near by or anything." Jason said softly. Jason would invite Jake into his hotel room, there was nothing behind it other than to warm up and talk more. Perhaps have lunch in the hotel's restaurant or anything else really. He just didn't want this to end yet.

The drive to the hotel would prove to be smart as a storm was coming in, Jason hadn't been watching tv and his laptop's setting were still located as in France. "Mmm, seems as though its only last until tonight, would you like to stay here for the time being? I mean, there's not too many places to go from here." Jason began to strip off his outer layers until he was left in his button up and pants. Fixing his glasses he smiled "Please relax, make yourself comfortable."

“Sure...” He smiles and rubs his cheek again before heading back to the car with him. He took the address for his hotel and drove them there. Then follows him up to his room after parking, he takes a seat on the chair in the room and watches him a moment. He removes his own sweater and folds it on the dresser. He smirks a little as Jason made to walk by him and gently grabs him. He pulls him to sit across his lap and laughs softly.

“Mmm... Now I’m comfortable...” He hugs him and buries his nose in his neck, taking a sniff. “You still smell the same...” He grins against him and takes the chance to kiss along his neck, remembering how he used to react.

Jason made his way over to close the curtains when he was pulled onto the other's lap. Yelping he blushed brightly and pouted slightly, much like he use to before. Though being hugged and having his neck tickled by the other's nose quickly made Jason smile and laugh. "Mmm, I like to think it matured a little." Jason grinned playfully. With quivering lips a small moan escaped his mouth and the redhead bit his lip to try and stop any more moans to escape him. "S-still remember my spots I see."

Turning to straddle the other's lap Jason tilted Jake's head back slightly "I have grown since then." Jason wiggled slightly in Jake's lap, leaning down and kissed the man as he felt himself relaxing and going with the flow. Jason had been shy the first time they had done more than kissing or cuddling, normally mentioning how he wasn't really sure what two guys could do other than kissing and cuddling. Jake taught him more during their time together.

“They’re hard to forget... Mmm...” He slips his hands to his hips as he shifts on him and smirks. He kisses him again and licks his lips; “Mmm... You have grown...” He smiles and runs his hands up his sides slowly and over his chest. “Have you learned anything new my sweet... Or do I have to teach you again...” He turns his head and nips and kisses at his neck again. He lightly grips his hips and pulls him closer, grinding them together slightly. “Mmm...”

Jason felt hands on his hips and his body shivered from delight. As the other's hand explored his body the young man chuckled "I've learned a few things, though honestly, I rather have you teach me all over again before anything else." Jason whispered. Moaning loudly as he felt the other begin his pleasurable assault on his body. It felt so good. Grinding his hips down on Jake's lap as he made his way further up to grind against something else.

The room itself was warm, not too hot nor to cold, and for the man he would usually keep his clothes on to ensure he stayed warm before he felt the urge to pull off his clothes. Unbuttoning his shirt the man smiled as he reached down, his palm gently pressing against the bulge. "Mmm, I can tell you've grown as well." he teased. Letting his shirt fall off, Jason licked his lips "Still comfortable? Or should we move onto a surface with more space?"

Jake groans softly and looks over his now bare chest and smirks. “I haven’t been with a man in years... Nnn... I’ve missed this...” Jake lifts his hands and runs them over his bare chest, even pinching a nipple lightly. “Damn you’re beautiful...” He looks at him and smirks “Lay on the bed...” He thinks a moment “You still go commando..?” He grins slightly and leans in to kiss up his chest slowly.

His love was no longer a young boy, and he looked forward to exploring him as a man. He lightly licks at a nipple and runs his teeth over it. He felt him twitching against him and smirks again and pulls back to look at him.

"You haven't? Hm...with how charming you are I'm surprised." Jason moaned softly as his nipple was lightly pinched, and clearly Jake had improved from the former summer together. "Oh, look who is still demanding." Jason sung playfully before hearing the next question. Laughing he grinned and nod "I do still." Jake was always charming even when being a pervert. Panting softly Jason let Jake play with him for a few minutes before he pulled away slowly and moved to the bed. Slipping out of his shoes and pants Jason climbed onto the bed and tilted his head to the side "Are you going to just sit here and look?"

Back
Top Bottom