Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thoughts on the 3 Post and 24 Hours Rules?

I think it’s fair, too many places let in bots that kinda kill the mood of the site.

As someone who's currently going through the three post, twenty-four hour period, I'm quite happy with it. It hasn't impacted my experience at all (I've been able to post a request thread, and send and receive messages), and if it keeps bots out, then all the better.

I'll lend a reply to this as one of the three posts I have to make: It doesn't seem too daunting, I think anything that helps keep out bots but still lets you participate in a majority of site content while the 24hr period passes is a pretty good feature. I don't think I've seen other forums use this (tho I haven't been on that many different ones, hah). I like that you can still receive messages and start up a request thread :)

Like everyone im trying to meet the quota but I feel it is nessessary. Bots can cause quite an annoying mess and anything to get rid of them is ok in my book!

I think it's a good process to go through when joining! It encourages the newcomers to get active on the site and start posting away to show their worth~

Seeing as how an introduction counts towards the three, I’d say it’s not that bad. Good intentions for probably good results. Currently going through the beginning period and I’m not bothered by it.

I also think it's a fairly easy task, and it's not much to ask. Some other websites require up to a week for verification.

It's not too bad, and it's definitely not as daunting as the verification processes of some sites I've seen. It keeps the site bot-free and encourages new members to openly interact with others, which can be useful to some who might not be as comfortable doing so on their own accord.

I'm looking at making the three posts myself. It does hinder lurking for a bit to get the feel of things but I suppose I could do them at my leisure. Welcome other newbies!

Honestly it makes sense. This site is huge and definitely would attract bots. I've moderated much smaller forums before and the bot problem even for something way smaller was off-the-wall. If you can take action to cut down on spam, it's not too bad.

Honestly it makes sense. This site is huge and definitely would attract bots. I've moderated much smaller forums before and the bot problem even for something way smaller was off-the-wall. If you can take action to cut down on spam, it's not too bad.

We rarely had a big problem with bots, but this does force them to post in a specific forum to draw attention to themselves.

This was actually made to give me space to deal with one woman's stalker, without just halting registration altogether or something more drastic.

I imagine on top of any potential bot problem it also weeds out the few who have minimum patience and will fizzle out before they actually start interacting with any members. As a newbie I feel its a good introduction to the sites style and a chance to become more confortable in the environment.

I've always found sites that have some form of gate to keep out spam/bots such as this tend to be worth the slight hassle. And as far as such gates go, this one seems entirely sensible.

During my 24hrs, I was joking around in chat with a moderator, and I reported a bot post. The irony was deafening as I waited to be able to contact potential partners.

But in lieu of paid staff to conduct personal interviews, there needs to be some sort of automated system.

3 posts/24 hours seems fair to me. The most restrictive thing during that time is usually being unable to send PMs to other users, but you can post an ad, and receive PMs (And reply to them) during that time.

Is it inconvenient? Sure. But far from the end of the world. I've seen some forums that have vetting processes that can take multiple days, or forums where you have to pay for to sign up. Both seem far more inaccessible to me.

Back
Top Bottom