Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

g υ α я ∂ ι α и ✧ ᴄʜᴇᴠᴀʟɪᴇʀ x ᴍᴏᴍᴏɪʀᴏ ✧

Chevalier

𝔇𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔰
RxMB0G2.png

The Kingdom had finally found peace.
But what was a warrior to be without battle? It was a question that lurched over Sir Casamir, haunting his every thought... plaguing his dreams. Dark clouds congregated over the Royal Palace, casting away the light as the lone knight pushed through a labyrinth of corridors as he made his way towards the throne room. It had been some time since he had seen Luna, and so the knight took pause to make sure that his appearance was not alarmingly disheveled. He ran his hands across his uniform, fingers passing over the small collection of military decorations that had been pinned to his chest. In truth, he had forgotten what some of the medals symbolized... they were just trinkets, after all. What mattered more to him was the woman who had placed them upon his chest. She was his Queen now, but once upon a time they had been quite close to one another, for he had protected her for many years. Perhaps. he foolishly thought, that she would someday be his...

But destiny was far crueler than the fairy tales.

Eventually, Sir Casamir found himself faced with the throne's doorway, the sizable entrance flanked by guards in shiny plate mail. He cleared his throat as the doors slowly drew open for him, the knight stepping away from the dark hallways and into the Queen's throne room. The faint glow of torchlight illuminated the room, bringing color to the many Lords and Ladies that stared down upon the knight. How he hated the upper nobility so, for while he was a hero among their lips, he knew that deep in their minds, he was hardly better than a commoner to them. Perhaps it was a good thing that he was not a King, for he probably would have killed them all.

From the Queen's side, one of the royal courtiers stepped forward, "Your Majesty, may I present to you Sir Casamir of House Laurent."

The knight delivered a rehearsed bow. Though there was such a time where Luna wouldn't have expected him to do so, he knew that the Queen had a new reputation to uphold. "It's been awhile, your Majesty. I was beginning to think that you had forgotten about me." He flashed the Queen a playful wink, a little act that he would do often during their many adventures with one another.

"The good knight will not speak unless told to do so." The announcer retorted, clearly annoyed by the knight's crude display. It was an act that the Queen would be expected not to reciprocate, otherwise scandalous rumors may quickly emerge. "I have a document here for you, signed by the Queen herself--" The man revealed a scroll, as if holding it out for the audience to see.

"Ah, so that's where the love letter went." The nobles held back chuckles as the knight glanced over towards the Queen.

The announcer ignored the knight's outburst, opening the scroll to begin reading its contents. "Sir Casamir of the House Laurent, for a history of meritorious and loyal service to the Crown, the Queen has seen it fit to grant you an early retirement. You will be discharged from the Royal Guard, effective immediately and will be given a hundred acres of land in the eastern countryside. If you desire, the noble court will allow you to find and marry a noblewoman of your choosing."

The Royal Decree hit the young knight like a vanguard of heavily armored cavalry. After everything he had done for Luna, the knight was being cast aside sent away to the far corner of the realm where he would never be able to see her again. It was a hurtful insult, thinly veiled as a twisted reward. Surely she knew that... or perhaps after all of these years, she still remained clueless of his fascination with her... "Is... Is this what you want, Luna?" He spoke softly, his hands curling into tightened fists. Was this how she planned to reward him for everything they had been through? With betrayal?

"Dismiss your court." His words were softly spoken, but loud enough still for all the room to hear. If this was how things were to be, then he wanted to hear the words from Luna's own lips, away from the prying eyes of nobles.

"You can't tell the Queen what to do." The nobleman waved his hands, "If you are refusing a Royal Decree, then that is treason. Guards."

The guards stirred at the announcer's command, though weren't quick to move. Hesitation seeped into their bones, for most of them had fought alongside Sir Casamir to vanquish the evildoers who had invaded their home and who had killed every single member of the royal family. All of them, except for one.

"Stop this," a cool voice chimed in. It sounded very feminine, yet brimmed with utmost authority and caused for the whole court to hold their breath. The announcer flinched and slowly but surely turned around in order to face its owner. "But! Your Majesty! He is━"

"Hannes, are you suggesting that I lack the ability to pass judgement on my own? You might be my chancellor, but this goes beyond your limits. When exactly have I given you permission to bark orders at my guards?"

Hannes, an elderly noble who had served the late king as well, paled in the face of those words. He was an arrogant and troublesome one, one who strongly believed in societal status and consequently disliked all sorts of commoners, as they were supposedly beneath those of noble blood. If it hadn't been for his house's financial wealth, he would have been discarded and dismissed from his position a long time ago already. The Laurent family specifically had been his bête noire for the longest of time, as they were the only house of common status which had been allowed to serve under the royal family as knights, even more than that, as their personal bodyguards. For as long as the von Ulven family had reigned, it was custom to have a Laurent knight watch over the king, his spouse and his offspring.

Luna narrowed her eyes at Hannes, her gaze pointed and cold, her usually sky blue eyes looking more like pools of ice than anything else. Luna Katrine von Ulven; she was the first queen to have ever ascended the throne of Hironedein and she was also the sole survivor of a Coup d’État which had taken the lives of her parents and her siblings. Her paternal uncle, Nero, had been the mastermind behind it all. He used to be the first in line to the throne and his battle prowess had been formidable, though he got dismissed as the heir due to his incapability to lead justly and fairly. He had been far too incompetent as to inherit the crown, and had attacked her family as a result of his wrath and denial of the whole matter. He'd managed to gain Randell's troops for his cause, a neighboring kingdom to the north, by promising to hand over the crown and all of Hironedein's lands in exchange for allowing him a chance to exact his revenge.

Ever since that awful day, Luna's heart had blackened with grief and had been scorched along with the bodies of her beloved. The only reason why she'd been able to prevail and to live on through all of those hardships, and to win back her kingdom, was because of one person and one person only.

Her gaze wandered from Hannes to Casamir; her protector, her sun, her everything. Only those who knew her well would notice how her face softened for the briefest of moments as their eyes met, only for it to harden again as she remembered why she'd summoned him here to begin with. She'd missed him. A lot. Her chest tightened as a current of emotions threatened to make her lose her calm and to cast aside all of the responsibilities that she had to carry as the new ruler of a kingdom which had recently gone through a time of war. Her people needed her. They need me, she repeated inside her head, as if to convince herself, I can't do as I please.

"Leave us. All of you. I wish to speak with Sir Casamir alone. And I want none of you to interrupt us unless I call for you."

The room buzzed with shocked whispers and new gossip, but the court did as it was told and within a few minutes, the large room was empty except for the scarred Lion and the Wolf who had lost its pack.

Silence weighed down on the atmosphere around them. She'd been a coward and a fool for following her chancellor's—no, her father's chancellor—advice. And she knew why she'd agreed to it in the first place. She'd feared to face Casamir on her own. Not because she feared him, but because she feared that she'd tell him the truth; that she loved him, after all those years of close companionship, and that she didn't want to be apart from him. As she had been a mere princess before her time as a queen, unable to inherit the throne, she thought that she'd be able to confess her feelings to Casamir one day. She knew that her feelings weren't unrequited, knew it ever since their first fateful meeting as young children, when he was introduced to her as her personal guard.

But now... now everything was different, wasn't it? She wasn't that young, happy and free-spirited princess anymore.

Luna stood up from her lonely throne and walked toward a window which reached all the way up to the opulent ceiling inside the throne room. This was it. She had to tell him.

"Cas, I...," she began, her voice gentler, using the name which was only exclusive to her. Although she'd kept him at a distance for the past weeks, in hopes to make this moment easier on her, on them, it really wasn't. She regretted it now. She should have used those few remaining weeks to spend more time with him, summon him at every moment possible in between meetings and work, to bask in his warmth and in his strength.

With her back to him, she stared at the intricate gardens down below.

"I will get married soon. After the war against my uncle, I’ve received countless of marriage proposals." Many of which she'd turned down, because they weren't Casamir's. "My advisors have all agreed, too. An alliance with the kingdom of Arr would be the best for Hironedein's future right now. It is powerful and wealthy, it has the mightiest military force in all of Gabhan, and it has helped us out greatly during our war against Randell. With Arr as an ally, it is very possible that a tragedy like the last one will never happen again. Prince Geralt will become my husband." Her voice never wavered and its timbre was distant and had a final hue to it, entirely betraying her true opinion on the matter.

Prince Geralt was the second in line to the throne and known to be a handsome and well sought after bachelor. He was also known for being quite infatuated with Luna for some time now. Although he'd been nothing short of kind and gentlemanly towards her in the past, she held no affections for him. Not ever. Only for Casamir.

Which was why she needed him to leave and why she'd decided to allow him to retire early. She would never be able to wed another man if he were to stay and watch her become someone else's bride.

"You don't need to protect me anymore. You've almost died so many times for my sake already. You deserve to be happy and to find happiness. Happiness which you won't find here."

Last edited:
"Leave us. All of you. I wish to speak with Sir Casamir alone. And I want none of you to interrupt us unless I call for you."

Sir Casamir watched as the Queen's guards and the courtly nobles heeded the command of their Queen, each bowing respectfully before dismissing themselves from the room. It wasn't long until her faithful knight was alone, gazing longingly up at her with his confident gaze. Indeed, it had been a long time since the two had seen one another, his beloved Luna having blossomed into a fine Queen in his absence. She was so strong now, so confident, an inspiring beacon of hope for the people that had been oppressed for so long. Yet, even as she became the perfect ruler that she had always been destined to be, Casamir was jealous. For she was his moon... his everything. Without Luna, Casamir was nothing.

"I will get married soon. After the war against my uncle, I’ve received countless of marriage proposals."

The revelation was unsurprising and yet the words still struck him like an assassin's knife, cutting deep into his flesh. He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could find the proper words, the Queen continued on, even suggesting that she had already found a suitable match. Prince Geralt. The mention of another man's name brought his blood to a boil. He had given everything he could for Luna... and yet still, he would never be good enough for her. The Laurent bloodline was well-known, yes, but it was not not noble. No matter what he did, he would always be hated as the lowly commoner.

"You don't need to protect me anymore. You've almost died so many times for my sake already. You deserve to be happy and to find happiness. Happiness which you won't find here."

The Knight said nothing, stepping closer towards the Queen as she averted her eyes past the nearest window and into the gardens below. It was almost as if she didn't want to look at him, like he was just a tool that had been used and was ready to be discarded. No, he wouldn't allow Luna to simply dismiss him so easily. "Happiness?" There was a pang of annoyance in his voice, calling out Luna for her lack of awareness. There was no such thing as happiness without Luna. His hand reached outwards, gently nudging the Queen's shoulder until she was forced to finally look upon him, to acknowledge him with those vibrant, sapphire gemstones he treasured. "You were supposed to be my happiness." Before Luna could see it coming, the knight had captured her supple neck into his palm, holding her throat suddenly. For a commoner to touch a Queen was imprisonment, to threaten her in such a way surely meant death.

Perhaps, death was a more attractive option than disappointment.

"I would have happily died a thousand time for you. You know this." He tightened his grip around the Queen's throat, enough so that breathing would become mildly uncomfortable. His hungry gaze drifted closer towards the Queen's face, lips erring dangerously close to one another. Those forbidden, royal lips... they had always allured him, seduced him. "Tell me, Luna... and be honest. Do you truly want me to leave?" His hand loosened its grip so that she could speak, his lips traveling downwards so that they could find the crook of Luna's neck. Cautiously, his lips pressed themselves upon the flank of her neck, a string of light, tender kisses exploring her noble flesh. He already knew her answer... after all, she was allowing him to do this to her. Or perhaps she had forgotten that her guards were merely a moment's call away...

"I've always wanted you, Luna." His voice was low, the warm breath of each word burning hot against the Queen's exposed neck. "You are not just my queen, but my moon... my wolf... my everything." Once again, his hand tightened, as if letting go meant giving the woman he loved up to another man. He wouldn't. He couldn't. It was then that the courageous Lion grew even bolder and more shameless. "Leave your door unlocked and dismiss your guards tonight," His ultimatum was brazen, scandalous, even. If she decided to not accept it, then he would truly be lost to her forever. "I promise I'll make you reconsider your betrothal." He added, watching if the now stoic Queen would display any signs of embarrassment at the vulgar notion.

He wouldn't allow Luna to say anything more, releasing her from his grip before immediately pivoting and heading away from the throne and towards the entryway. He didn't look back, allowing Luna to bask in the overwhelming questions and sensations that were now probably gripping her mind. She probably had everything figured out, but now, would she go against everything expected of her when given the chance?

Her honor or her happiness. It was a difficult choice indeed.

She'd truly believed that he would have accepted her choice, in some way or another, even if he would have never forgiven her for forcing it upon him. Luna had been so certain of it, for she knew that little else mattered to Casamir than their bond. She had expected his disappointment and bewilderment; that he would get angry with her, too, rightfully so. He was supposed to honor her wishes as he had thus far, a weakness she'd intended to exploit for one last time, and for the first time, with selfish and self-serving intentions.

But this.

She'd never expected this.

Luna's fingers absentmindedly brushed over her throat, as if to soothe the aching burn that his grip had left on her skin. They wandered further, shivering ever so slightly, up to where he'd kissed it and marked it, instead of her lips, giving her the confirmation that she'd always desired, if not in ways that she had hoped for. Not at all. Who would have known that he could be so brash and forceful? With her?

She'd driven him into that state, this was entirely her fault.

She'd dreamt about the day they could and would finally become intimate with each other, over and over again in the past, drawing up the most colorful of scenarios inside her head. But it had never looked like this—void of any tenderness or affection and laced with such heavy emotions. Painful emotions.

Luna's chest rose and fell heavily as she slumped back against the window behind her. She slid down along its length and found herself squatting on the ground, barely able to hug her knees. Her blue eyes stung with the intensity of her own emotions, though tears never began to well inside them. She wasn't someone who cried easily, and certainly never outside the safe walls of her quarters.

She didn't know nor realize just how long she'd remained like that, until one of her guards banged his fists against the other side of the opulent double doors.

"Your Majesty! This is the third time I'm asking you, please answer me, are you alright?!" An auspicious number, she noted of all things.

"A moment, Sir Renley," she finally answered, her voice unusually shaky, "I'm well."

Luna stood up from her spot and hurriedly brushed her hands over her dress to straighten out any creases. She pulled at the collar of her dress piece, pulled it closer around her throat, before she folded her hands in front of her in an elegant manner.

"You may enter."

———-

Several hours later, after the sun had set and darkness had taken reign over the skies above, she uttered the exact same words after she'd picked up the sound of a swift set of polite knocks against the doors to her chamber. No guards kept watch in front of them, and no maids were to be found near it either, just as Casamir had demanded.

Luna sat at a table which stood at the center of her spacious sleeping quarters. She was balancing a silver chalice in her left hand. Her cheeks had slightly reddened, most likely an after effect of indulging in a bit of exquisite wine, and she wore a silky, white robe. Although she could hold her liquor extremely well, she still wasn't someone who drank often, unless it was out of politeness during social events. She'd figured that she could need a bit of drunken courage for what was about to happen.

The expression on her beautiful face was sharp and calculating.

You can do this, she encouraged herself, you‘ll break his heart and send him off.

Although she'd arranged for the two of them to have some privacy to themselves, she wasn't planning on allowing Casamir to do as he wished. This would play out how she wanted.

Back
Top Bottom