Laina's Cabinet of Curiosities

Marlaina

Meteorite
Hey everyone! I'm Marlaina, but you can call me Laine or Laina for short. I'm here because (and this may shock you) I'm looking for some writing partners. For anyone who hasn't met me yet, I'm an aspiring author who is working on a few projects of my own, but I'm looking for some less-stressful writing, so here I am. Now, the first thing I'm going to do is tell you a bit about me. Then I'll go into what I'm looking for in a partner. And then, finally, I'll go into my ideas. So buckle up, and let's get started!

Perhaps the first question asked when considering a new partner is, "Who is this person?" This is closely followed by, "How to they write?" and, "Will our writing styles match well?" At least, this is always what I'm wondering when I flip through request threads. So I'm going to attempt answer those questions for you as best I can, by going over the most important points. So, here we go.
  • The first thing I'm going to address is post length and frequency. So, how much do I write? Well, the answer is that I'm a multi-paragraph writer. I try to write at least 3 paragraphs, although the lengths can differ. If I write less than that, it probably means I'm running out of inspiration for the story. On the inverse, I can sometimes write a lot more that this, if I'm very invested in the story, and I have enough to respond to. As far as frequency, my availability can be pretty spotty, depending on how busy I am (I run my own business, so how busy I am can vary wildly based on how many orders I get.) I try to get on at least once a week, although I can't make any promises. Of course, I can sometimes be more active than that.
  • Characters. You may be thinking, "Okay, cool, but what sort of characters do you write?" The answer is, I write a lot of different sorts of characters. Obviously, I prefer to write female characters, or I wouldn't be posting here. However, I can and do write male characters when it fits the story. But I will always have at least one female main character. And on that note, I strongly prefer stories where I have multiple main characters, as well as various side characters.
  • Romance and sexy times. A lot of people on here like writing romance stories and, to put not too fine a point on it, smut. So, do I write these topics? Well, the answer is yes! But of course, there are some qualifications I need to add to this. First of all, I only write mxf relationships. Nothing wrong with anyone who likes writing other pairings. In fact, I've done it myself before. But, being a woman myself, I'm just not familiar enough with mxm relationships to feel comfortable writing it, and I've had so many people push me into fxf pairings that I've burned out on them. So if you ask me for any relationship that is not mxf, the answer will be an unequivocal "no." Now, onto the smut. I write smut, yes, but it cannot be the main point of the story! Additionally, while planning out a specific relationship before starting the story is fine, if the characters don't click well once we start writing them, I'm not going to force them to hook up.
  • Is there anything I like in smut, or am uncomfortable with? Well, I do have a few limits. Anything bathroom related, parent-child relationships (even just calling each other "daddy" or whatever), and anything against site rules. As far as specifics I want, I'm pretty flexible, plus it will vary from character to character, so feel free to suggest most anything. The worst I can do is say no, right?
Now, I believe it's very important to let you know what sort of things I'm looking for in a partner, and what simply won't fly. I promise I'm not super demanding, but there are a few basics that I need to get out of the way.
  • Let's get all the extremely basic, universal rule out of the way first, so I don't bore you further. No godmodding, controlling my character's actions, physically moving my characters without giving me a chance to react, deciding my character's thoughts/feelings, describing actions/expressions of my characters that weren't described in my previous posts, etc., unless I have, for some reason, given you express permission OOC. Pains me that I have to say this, but it has happened to me. Multiple times. Just don't do it.
  • Perfect characters are no fun. My characters will have a variety of flaws. I'd appreciate it if your did as well.
  • I'd like my partner to write at least one male character. If you write multiple characters, feel free to add it any female, non-binary, etc. Characters. I do double! However, please respect my rule on mxf pairings only.
  • In fact, I prefer partners who can write multiple characters. A lot of my ideas will, in fact necessitate this. But I don't require it, by any means.
  • I don't like one-liners. Period. I want a partner who can match my length of 3+ paragraphs. Obviously, some posts can be shorter, but I'd like a minimum of 1 paragraph, and that should be the exception, not the rule.
  • Grammar can sometimes be a sticking point for me. Obviously everyone makes mistakes, I do to, but please at least put in a little effort. Running your post through a spell-checker isn't difficult, and it will go a long way. And please, feel free to tell me if English isn't your first language. I understand how hard it can be to write in a language you aren't completely comfortable with, so I give a lot of leeway for that.
  • As far as your posting frequency... I don't really care. You can be free constantly. You can come on once a month. As long as you put effort into the plot and your posts, I'll stay engaged in the story.
And now we get to it- what I'm interested in writing. I've got two sections here. One is short plots and story-starters. Some of these I have more thoughts that I can add, others I'm looking for someone to help me plan out. The second section contains pictures! These are various images I've come across that I'd like to base a character around, but have never gotten a chance. Some might be able to used for some of my plots. Others don't really fit with any specific ideas. But if you have a plot that seems like it would fit one of the images, or you'd like to come up with one together, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

And finally, one other option. As mentioned previously. I'm an aspiring author, and I have a few large plot ideas that I'm working on personally. If you'd like to hear about any of those ideas, to see if you're interested in writing something in those verses, I'm more than willing to share privately. I'm just not going to type it all out ad nauseum here, because they're very developed and in-depth, so be prepared for that.
  • An arranged marriage between a new king and the young queen of a rival nation, as the two ally against a common enemy.
  • In a world where magic is illegal, a young woman searches out a wizard, seeking to learn the forbidden arts. But what could her possible motivation be?
  • Standard adventure quest. Fighting orcs and goblins, slaying dragons, rescuing the princess, etc. You know the sort of thing.
  • A kingdom is taken over by a coup, and the prince(ss), the last remaining member of the royal family, is forced to flee in the search of allies to help them regain their kingdom.
  • Vikings. Something viking-related. Raiders, or adventurers, etc.
Pic-1.jpg
Pic-10.jpg
Pic-9.jpg
Pic-8.jpg
Pic-7.jpg
Pic-6.jpg
Pic-5.jpg
Pic-4.jpg
Pic-2.jpg
Pic-3.jpg
Ahem. Anyway, I think that's everything. Or at least the important bits. So anyway, if any of you are interested, feel free to shoot me a message, and hopefully we can work something out!

Back
Top Bottom