Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Day The Aliens Regretted Sending the Probes (for Countdown321 and Blurugirl)

Dunnus and Deloris literally breathed a sigh of relief.

"Let's go inside and take a seat in the galley," Deloris said. Dunnus nodded, wiped her hands and followed the blonde Vestan into the ship.

The interior of the ship was state-of-the-art, if a bit on the spartan side. The galley and adjacent wardroom were compact, but obviously were equipped to provide a small crew a varied and enjoyable dining experience.

"Cup of something before we get started, Rand?" Dunnus asked, taking one of the seats. "The galley and ward are still online."

Last edited:
This place was like night and day depending on whether you're on the outside or the inside of the ship. Rand was completely floored by the looks of the ship, because the outside had an old feel to it, like the ship was about to fall apart, yet the inside was so state-of-the-art that he wondered how his father had the money to pay for it all. Then again, this other doctor woman also owned the ship, so the money might have come from her or something.

"Hmm? Yes, tea please." He said, walking to the machine that seemed to be the drink dispensary and trying to figure out how that worked.

Dunnus walked up behind him, a smile in her voice as she said, "No dials or buttons. Just tell it..well, I'll show you." She nudged Rand to one said, then order the dispenser, "Tea, Killian Brunch, Hot." A cup appeared from below the dispenser, was filled with a steaming honey yellow liquid from above." Dunnus took the cup and added, "When you're finished, put the cup back, and the machine automatically recycles it."

Rand was more in awe at the way the machine behaved than he probably should have been, but when Dunnus explained it, he couldn't help but smile and thank her. The ship was apparently full of really good commodities like this and he would have to get used to them in due time!

With the hot tea in his hands, Rand moved over to one of the seats and plopped down. He took a sip of the wonderful tea and looked at Dunnus. "Alright... I think I'm ready." This would actually be one of the only two times he would see his father, since the first time it was in a picture his mother had from the old days that she later deleted.

Dunnus said to the empty air, "Computer, play hologram last message in this location, starting at mark one one point seven five.

In the middle of the table the three dimensional image of a man appeared. The man bore a remarkable resemblance to Rand, save that he was two decades older, and looked as if he had four decades of rough living in that two decades of life.

"Well, son, I hoped you enjoyed that perspective on your mom. Nothing like photographic evidence to show what a hot and willing piece of ass she was!"

The figure laughed a bit, before its countenance got serious.

"Okay, now let's move on. I suspect that by this time, even before you stepped on to this ship, dozens of techs hired by the law firm that has sponsored my latest flight, and whom I have entrusted in handling my last will and testament with, having been poring over this vessel to see how I beat the 7.0, or even if I have. Now they're are a good sort, for lawyers anyway, but you can't blame them for trying. But your old man is smarter than that. After all, I did get into your mother's panties. Again and again and again. And I even got photographic proof, as you've seen."

The figure laughed furiously at its own crude humor, its pelvic region thrusting back and forth. "My only regret is that I haven't been able to bag Dr. O'Neill. You'd think the bitch was a Vestan, the way she protects her honey pot. But back to your inheritance, son. Your share of the ship is nice, don't get me wrong. But the secret of beating the 7.0? That's where your fortune is to be made. And I'm betting and me and Dr. O'Neill have hidden the secret well enough that those techs haven't found it yet. So you're going to have to give them a hand, son."

Here the figure froze, not moving.

"The recording remains still for two minutes and six seconds," Dunnus reported. "At first we thought it was a glitch, but this frozen figure was purposely put here in this spot in the recording."

Last edited:
Considering what the others said about the man relentlessly talking about his mother in such vulgar ways during the first part of the message, Rand was already expecting the worst to happen. so as he sat there and the message was start to play, he was readying himself to keep his anger back. Rand had always been a very chill and relaxed guy, so getting him angry was rather rare, but when someone insulted those he held dear, then he could hardly contain himself. His mother was still the most important person in his life, being the one who raised him practically by herself and showered him with nothing but love and affection. This guy was nothing to him though, with their only connection being that he was half of the duo that made him. However, a true father is one that raises you properly and not the one that simply makes you.

He held onto the tea and listened to the message, watching a man very similar to him speak. Even now, he couldn't resist throw-away lines about his mother. He took a sip of the really hot tea each time, as a way to distract himself. However, he still took in the important bits about what he was saying. It was clear that the man had hidden it somewhere and since his father was supposedly an idiot, it was also likely that the Dr. had a hand in it.

"Hmmm..." He let out as he watched the still image. His eyes scanning through the figure of his progenitor just standing there, frozen in time. Why did the message freeze like that? And two minutes and six seconds was an odd time too. He started to ponder on what it could mean. Maybe something to do with the time itself? Maybe 26 or 126 seconds? He also looked at his father's hands... maybe it had something to do with hands, as in... give them a hand?

After the still period ended, the hologram figure of Rand's father said, "Well, that's all I got to say. Enjoy the ship. And give your mother my best. I certainly did." The holographic figure made several pelvic thrusts, laughing all the while, before the holographic message ended.

"So, any clue, kid?" Deloris asked.

Rand rubbed his head for a few moments, trying to think about everything his father had to say. It could really be any number of things... or it could be none of it. Maybe he really didn't hide anything or he didn't leave any clue at all. The young man had to take another sip of the tea when Deloris asked him if he had any clue. "I'm not sure. Like I said, I didn't really know the guy... this is the second time I'm even looking at anything of his." He said. "Maybe it has something to do with the time it stayed frozen? Do the numbers 2 and 6 or 26 or 126 mean anything to any of you?" he asked

"Well, one hundred twenty six is a magic number of nuclear physics," Dunnus began, "You know, stable shells and all that. It's a pyramidal number. I think it's the year the second Pantheon was being built. It also...you know, it might worth mentioning the stillness wasn't exactly one hundred and twenty seconds. It was actually about a hundred twenty five and a half seconds. And I can think of anything significant about the fraction," the tech said with a shrug.

Rand crossed his arms and released a groan. "Why did it have to be a puzzle, old man?" He said, never really one of puzzles, nor smart enough to complete them easily. He was always a hands-on kind of guy, not a thinker and he was certain that this was likely something his father had help in doing. Regardless, he took another sip of the hot tea and looked at the paused hologram at the end of the message. "Maybe it's not the time... but the pause has to have something to do with it... maybe?" He wasn't too sure himself. "Can you show me the still section again? Maybe there's another clue there." Like what he was looking at or where his hands were facing or in what position...

Dunnus nodded, playing back the part of the three dimensional message where Rand's father bragged about having sex with Rand's mother repeatedly, and having pictures to prove it.

When the figure got to the part where Rand would have to give them a hand, he froze. The figure was smiling, one hand stretched out, palm down, with the other one in its packet.

"Computer, freeze message," Dunnus said, before turning to Rand. "Anything?"

Rand ignored most of what his father was saying until the image returned to where he froze. He stared at it for a few moments, studying it while getting to his feet. Rand walked around his father's hologram, looking at every nook and cranny he could see and then stopped by the hand in his pocket. The young man rubbed his chin and finished his tea. "Are his clothes still on the ship? The clothes he was wearing in this video in particular." He said, looking at the two women.

"No, the ones he was wearing in this hologram has vanished with him," Deloris said. "And we've already checked the rest of his clothing, including seeing if anything might have been sewn into the lining of any of his clothing."

Rand was banking on his father having left something behind in his clothing, but at the same time it was a wild guess just based on the way his hands remained in his pocket. If there was nothing there, then what could it be? This was starting to get frustrating and Rand let out an annoyed groan. "For the love of..." He stopped himself as he spun around and took a few steps away from the hologram. "It has to be something." He scratched his head and groaned again. Rand was dreading to ask this, but he looked toward the other two. "Are you sure there wasn't anything in the first part of the message? He keeps mentioning having evidence of what he... well... did with my mom. Maybe he could have hidden it in that part?"

"No!" The explosive monosyllable came from Deloris. She took a deep breath before continuing. "Kid, I'm afraid your father did have photographic evidence...graphic photographic evidence...of his 'relationship' with your mother. From several angles. He shared that evidence on the first half of the message. I don't see anything there. Somehow, if there's any clue, it's in the second half."

Deloris looked at the still three dimensional image of Rand's father, who seemed to return the glare with a mocking one.

He understood from Deloris' reaction that whatever his father showed on the first part of the message was really not meant for his eyes - though it was likely made with every intention to be meant for his eyes. He was thankful for how the woman was thinking of his own... mental safety though. However, he was out of ideas and walked back to the machine, discarding the cup and then sitting down on one of the chairs. "Alright then... I dunno what to do." He said, a defeated look in his eye as he sighed loudly.

His eyes looked toward the extended hand and then followed where it lead, hoping that maybe he was pointing somewhere.

Studying the extended hand, it almost looked as if some light were being shone on it. Or the extended hand was being placed in some projected light. But, with the exception of the holographic projection itself, there was no projected light in the galley or the wardroom.

Rand cocked his head when he looked at the light on the hand and approached it slowly again. His eyes narrowed as he studied the image and rubbed his chin. "His hand is on something... something that's giving off light." He pointed out. "Can this messages be recorded anywhere or do they need a specific place?" He asked as he turned around to face the others, not really knowledgeable about about the devices on the ship yet.

"No, the ship can technically record and project these types of messages anywhere," Dunnus answered, "Though the wardroom or one's personal quarters are the easiest place to make it. And we've already identified the wardroom, where we're standing, the place the message was recorded."

Well, if they identified this as being the wardroom, then it had to be a specific location in it. "He spoke about giving them a hand and then his hand started glowing like something was giving it light. There has to be a connection." Rand started to walk around the room, checking everywhere and literally placing his hand in every spot that might give off that light. "It has to be around here somewhere then." He groaned.

Dunnus watched with a small little smile as Rand walked around the room, examining every corner of the wall as he walked around where the image of his father was projected.

"Well, the mage itself is being projected from multiple points, hence its three dimensionality. There are actually several redundant projection points, so if some are being used for other purposes, or the computer decides a particular projector gives a better image, it uses that projector point," Dunnus explained. "The tabletop is the default focus point of all the projection points, though you could instruct the computer to project the image anywhere."

Rand looked a bit embarrassed. Rather than walking around the room like a fool, he could have just told the computer to project the image in different locations. That... was when an idea popped into his head. If he could tell the computer to project the image in different places, then couldn't he just tell the computer to do it in a very specific location? Rand looked at Dunnus and then up. "Alright, how about this? Computer, project the image in the exact spot where it was recorded." He gave out the order, hoping that it would finally work.

The three dimensional image flickered, then reappeared right where it had been projected, on the wardroom table.

"Apparently your father was standing at this table when he made the message," Dunnus remarked. Deloris remained silent, and her face gave no indication of what she thought of the proceedings.

Back
Top Bottom